Options

Filth at Bonnaroo

58823005882300 Posts: 813
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Okay so I realize that this is a three day camp festival, but I heard from a friend who went last year that the grounds and the toilets get disgusting within 2 days. From what he told me, port a potties become unuseable and the place is just filthy with litter and other yucky stuff.
Any thoughts on this from any vets?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I plan on carrying my own porta pot and tent. Cabela's has them and if you camp often, esp with kids, it will be a wise investment
    BHAM 98
    BHAM 03
    ATLANTA 03
    LOLLA 07
    ROO 08
    EV SOLO Memphis
    EV SOLO ATL 1
    Music Midtown Speptember 22, 2012
    EV SOLO Memphis Nov. 21
    WRIGLEY FIELD JULY 19...and 20!!! 2013

I will light a match this morning so I won't be alone
  • Options
    schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    i've been to a few festivals and yes port a potties will be useless after a day or so, my suggestion for #2, hold it a day, if its hot out your body will absorb mostly anything that goes into it and you shouldn't have to go by day 3

and the place will look like a war zone when your leaving, no one cleaning up for 3 days is crazy, it starts to look like a third world country
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • Options
    just dont piss or shit mate.
  • Options
    schmoff wrote:
    i've been to a few festivals and yes port a potties will be useless after a day or so, my suggestion for #2, hold it a day, if its hot out your body will absorb mostly anything that goes into it and you shouldn't have to go by day 3

and the place will look like a war zone when your leaving, no one cleaning up for 3 days is crazy, it starts to look like a third world country

If you dont mind me asking.... how many third world countries have you visited?
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Use a five gallon bucket with a toilet seat on it. When not in use seal it up with the lid, it works in a pinch and is easy to get rid of, just throw it in the dumpster when you leave.
  • Options
    I am a very picky female and have been amazed at how they manage to keep the port-a-porties so clean.

They have trucks that come on a very regular basis (hourly inside Centeroo) and clean them out and replace toilet paper. So no they are really not so bad. The ones inside Centeroo sometimes get bad late at night but the ones out in the campgrounds are usually pretty spotless.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,008
    seren327 wrote:
    I am a very picky female and have been amazed at how they manage to keep the port-a-porties so clean.

They have trucks that come on a very regular basis (hourly inside Centeroo) and clean them out and replace toilet paper. So no they are really not so bad. The ones inside Centeroo sometimes get bad late at night but the ones out in the campgrounds are usually pretty spotless.
    I've heard the same thing from a few people
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    I've heard the same thing from a few people

That's what I wanted to hear, I went to see the guys at the Hurricane Festival in Germany last year and the camp ground was a mess but the potties were clean. I just don't want anything hoping out and grabbing me.
  • Options
    I plan on shitting and pissing in my brothers boots
  • Options
    Take lots of wetwipes with you so you can feel clean and don't have to depend on there being loo paper in there!
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    Take lots of wetwipes with you so you can feel clean and don't have to depend on there being loo paper in there!

i was thinking of taking a couple 5 gallon water containers, then using a big pot to heat the water up and then taking a "bath" with it.
  • Options
    I plan on shitting and pissing in my brothers boots

laughing my fucking ass off, I guess if I need to do a 2 I know where to go