LCD Soundsystem...

Comments

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,823
    yes. daily.
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491
    Really not liking the new album at all.  I have given it several listens and the only songs I really like are Oh Baby and Tonite.  It's just too dull and depressing for my taste.
  • Really not liking the new album at all.  I have given it several listens and the only songs I really like are Oh Baby and Tonite.  It's just too dull and depressing for my taste.
    I don't really care to see these guys in concert anymore either.

Same show, same songs.  It seems James and Nancy are not my cup of tea...

Oh well, they were fun while it lasted.
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491
    Really not liking the new album at all.  I have given it several listens and the only songs I really like are Oh Baby and Tonite.  It's just too dull and depressing for my taste.

I’d probably still see them if I get the chance.  I can’t make it this time around, though.  The long hiatus definitely changed things.
  • Really not liking the new album at all.  I have given it several listens and the only songs I really like are Oh Baby and Tonite.  It's just too dull and depressing for my taste.

Oh, but what a show it is! I saw them live last month. Twice. Yes, the variation between the two shows was minimal, but I didn't care. I initially only had a ticket for the first show, but after that one I immediately wanted to go to the second show too. Just to get that ecstatic feeling again from dancing and jumping around in the pit. Certainly one of my top shows of this year!

Oh, but what a show it is! I saw them live last month. Twice. Yes, the variation between the two shows was minimal, but I didn't care. I initially only had a ticket for the first show, but after that one I immediately wanted to go to the second show too. Just to get that ecstatic feeling again from dancing and jumping around in the pit. Certainly one of my top shows of this year!
    I did two shows too, both on the rail at Steel.  I had fun but it's the same show I saw 5 years ago too sans a few new songs.

Hey, I did enjoy it, I'm just not going to lose my shit if I miss them next time around.
    With the songs they choose for their currents sets, I’ll take the same sets every time. 

Sure it it would be nice to hear beat connection, but if they always play Yeah, I’ll walk away happy. 
  • With the songs they choose for their currents sets, I’ll take the same sets every time. 

Sure it it would be nice to hear beat connection, but if they always play Yeah, I’ll walk away happy. 
    I'm still wanting to hear Pow Pow...
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,133
    Am I the only poor bastard who hasn’t received the signed postcard/vinyl bundle yet? I’ve emailed them at dfa several times over the past two months and they don’t reply.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Am I the only poor bastard who hasn’t received the signed postcard/vinyl bundle yet? I’ve emailed them at dfa several times over the past two months and they don’t reply.
    Didn't know they had this?  Still available?
    edited October 2017
    Am I the only poor bastard who hasn’t received the signed postcard/vinyl bundle yet? I’ve emailed them at dfa several times over the past two months and they don’t reply.
    You are not. Lots of people complaining at Vinyl Collective. 

While led they are an insanely small operation (2 people), it’s weird that they haven’t communicated. 
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,133
    Well I guess this is the last time I’ll ask/complain that I still haven’t received the signed bundle of American Dream.  I ordered on 8/10, sent 4 emails since, and haven’t gotten a single reply.

going to file a report with PayPal and ask for my money back.

also will be logging DFArecords in the “worst customer service” thread on other vinyl forums for never replying to me.  Oh well.

I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    anyone go to their shows yet?  I ordered tix but i don't think i can print them until a few days before the show?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    anyone go to their shows yet?  I ordered tix but i don't think i can print them until a few days before the show?
    I believe your ticket is available 24 hours before the show.
  • anyone go to their shows yet?  I ordered tix but i don't think i can print them until a few days before the show?

I've got GA Floors for the show on Sunday, and it's Credit Card entry.

• anyone go to their shows yet?  I ordered tix but i don't think i can print them until a few days before the show?

I find it weird that they go through this much trouble for their tickets and that people are this crazy to see the same show over and over.

I'm making a minimal effort to see them again...
    Is it people going to multiple nights? I mean, I'm sure there are some. but I would think the majority is just people checking out one night. So I don't think non varied setlists is that big of a thing. 

• Is it people going to multiple nights? I mean, I'm sure there are some. but I would think the majority is just people checking out one night. So I don't think non varied setlists is that big of a thing. 

I'm just turned off by them and that their two shows I saw at Brooklyn Steel were the same thing.
  • Disclaimer:

If you have not seen them you will enjoy the show!
    I believe it all stems back to their "last" shows at Terminal 5/MSG with scalpers, and now they're kind of leading the pack in issuing their tickets in the most "non-scalper-friendly" way possible.

Also, I get it - I think 50% of comments in this thread have been , "show/setlist is the same every night"; "why would anyone go more than one night?" I got it, we all get it.

As said above if you haven't seen them before you'll fucking love your first time. But I'd say for some of us - no matter the setlist - a good fucking time is a good fucking time. These dudes(and girl) make you dance and love every second of it. Alls I know is I can listen to their shit on repeat for hours on end. Plus, if they're only gonna tour like every 5-7 years then I'll eat that shit up as much as possible.

If it's not your thing it's not your thing (then again, why are you going at all?). With allllllll that said, I sold my tickets to my second show, haha.

I find it weird that they go through this much trouble for their tickets and that people are this crazy to see the same show over and over.

This will be my first time seeing them, so I'm pretty excited and pumped for the show. I actually caught the first 3 songs of their set at the Ottawa Bluesfest this past summer, but I was there to see Gary Clark Jr. I really enjoyed those 3 songs and I made it a priority to score GA tix for the show this Sunday.

This will be my first time seeing them, so I'm pretty excited and pumped for the show. I actually caught the first 3 songs of their set at the Ottawa Bluesfest this past summer, but I was there to see Gary Clark Jr. I really enjoyed those 3 songs and I made it a priority to score GA tix for the show this Sunday.

You will enjoy the hell out of the show, I promise you that.

Dance Yourself Clean and Home are great live.

They Never play Pow pow pow though...  I really want to hear that one!
    I believe your ticket is available 24 hours before the show.
    cool, looking foward to it.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192
    First time seeing LCD and am so psyched.  Taking my son to Boston for the show.  Can’t wait 
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
    Anybody know if there's a band opening?
  • Anybody know if there's a band opening?
    The two shows I was at they just played music, not a DJ but just music.
    What time did they go on? I've been seeing 9ish?
  • Anybody know if there's a band opening?
    I think it was 920ish?
    I think it was 920ish?
    Perfect thanks.
    Tonite I'm gonna Dance Myself Clean with some Drunk Girls.  If i'm not back by tomorrow, Call the Police.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD