Options

WATER SLIDES WITHOUT LINES!

kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
A childhood dream finally came true today. I took my kid to a water park expecting a mob scene (but I had promised her all summer long), and found the total opposite. It was a beautiful sunny and warm day, the water was warm, and the obnoxious citizen - a rarity rather than the norm. I'm guessing people didn't plan on going because of the hurricane scare which turned out to be a huge false alarm. It was like a ghost town when we got there at 11am. I think the number of times I slid down a water slide just today was greater than all of the times from my youth combined. Normally, it's a 15-30 minute wait in line per slide, wouldn't you say? Well, the waiting time was 0-1 minutes today... and I got plenty of exercise climbing the stairs so often! Righteous!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,341
    the boston puker!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Ohhh fun!!! :thumbup:

I just realised that I haven't been on a waterslide since I was about 14. That's so bad.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I just realised that I haven't been on a waterslide since I was about 14. That's so bad.

you should be ashamed of yourself
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Oh man... where has your inner child gone???

If I could own my own personal water park, I would build some crazy fucking slides.
  • Options
    Plus, I would play much better music there, although I could have fared much worse than the 90's alterna-pop Sirius channel that was played at the park today.

Still, Collective Soul ought to be banned.
  • Options
    kenny olav wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

If I could own my own personal water park, I would build some crazy fucking slides.

I don't have a water park where I live. Closest one is 1,200 kms away.
  • Options
    How can this be? What on earth do you Aussies have against water slides? :? Queensland in particular seems like the ideal location for a dozen or so.
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    kenny olav wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I don't have a water park where I live. Closest one is 1,200 kms away.

pft....1200 kms is only about 100 feet.

you can walk there!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    kenny olav wrote:
    How can this be? What on earth do you Aussies have against water slides? :? Queensland in particular seems like the ideal location for a dozen or so.

That is so true! Yeahh....why is that??

The one in Townsville closed down when I was about 8 or 9 or so.
  • Options

pft....1200 kms is only about 100 feet.

you can walk there!

But I only have very little legs!
  • Options
    The thing about water parks is that the typically long wait times do limit your enthusiasm for going to them. It becomes a once a year thing, if that. So the solution is... build more water parks!

The state of New Hampshire has a ton of water parks. Plenty of mountains to put water slides on. Massachusetts has a decent amount too, but New Hampshire's are better. My god, I could ramble about this all night.

I say we start a petition to demand that ZiggyStar go to a water park... and take PICTURES to prove it.
  • Options
    kenny olav wrote:

I say we start a petition to demand that ZiggyStar go to a water park... and take PICTURES to prove it.

haha Nice try, Kenny. :lol: But noooo!
  • Options
    kenny olav wrote:
    The thing about water parks is that the typically long wait times do limit your enthusiasm for going to them. It becomes a once a year thing, if that. So the solution is... build more water parks!

The state of New Hampshire has a ton of water parks. Plenty of mountains to put water slides on. Massachusetts has a decent amount too, but New Hampshire's are better. My god, I could ramble about this all night.

how do rhode island's water parks stack up?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Although I never went on this particular slide before the park (unsuprisingly) closed, one of the best things about visiting the east coast relatives as a kid was our trips to action park, home of the looping waterslide:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Par ... ater_slide
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    kenny olav wrote:

Two best ones are on the Gold Coast, White Water World and Wet n Wild, are they are at the complete opposite end of the state to Ziggy.

Although for me, on a good day, it would take me about an hour and a bit to get there, as I am just north of Brisbane........and they ROCK!!!! I love water slides, although I do miss the old toboggan slide they used to have at Sea World when I was a kid. It was so steep that when you sat at the top on your toboggan, you couldn't see the pool below you...just the astro turfed ramp where you climbed out of the pool! It was freakin awesome.

Def have to get down there this summer......woohoo summers coming!!!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    MikeackMikeack Posts: 562
    ZiggyStar wrote:

The closest might be Cairns is it??
    ADVERTISE your business in my signature space. TOP RATES for limited time only!! lol
  • Options
    merkinball wrote:
    Although I never went on this particular slide before the park (unsuprisingly) closed, one of the best things about visiting the east coast relatives as a kid was our trips to action park, home of the looping waterslide:

haha... i hear that place was a death trap

i love me a good water slide though! coolest one I've done is summit plummet in disney world... SO HIGH
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    This is at the mall about five minutes from me, and it kicks all kinda ass....two of each slide, so the lineups are usually tame...
    I don't know if there is any place in the world my kids would rather be :)
    EVTWest_Edmonton_Mallwest-edmonton-mall-2.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,983
    This is at the mall about five minutes from me, and it kicks all kinda ass....two of each slide, so the lineups are usually tame...
    I don't know if there is any place in the world my kids would rather be :)
    EVTWest_Edmonton_Mallwest-edmonton-mall-2.jpg

awesome!

This looks kinda cool :lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyYy1VMB_Cg

I remember going to Great Adventure with a friend the day everyone had to go back to school and there were no lines at any of the rides, it was awesome!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    merkinball wrote:

I remember that.

I also remember getting banged up a little on the slide that went underground (all I remember as that it is dark) and then you shot out into a lake or something. That park seemed like it was built by a bunch of teenagers with "some cool ideas"
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    merkinball wrote:

Magnificent!! Fastest slide (or should I say tube) I ever want on was in Portugal. It was so fast I had to have my shorts surgically removed from my arse afterwards. :lol:
  • Options
    merkinball wrote:

I remember that.

I also remember getting banged up a little on the slide that went underground (all I remember as that it is dark) and then you shot out into a lake or something. That park seemed like it was built by a bunch of teenagers with "some cool ideas"

That looping water slide is nuts! Such a product of the 80's, lol.

I remember the interview Alice in Chains did for Headbanger's Ball on MTV at that park. Ahhh the good ol' days...