davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    How was it MayDay?
  • Options
    LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    I really should get this.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474
    Wobbie said:
    had it done maybe 15 years ago and I was nearly blind @-) ....got one eye done for close and one for far....still working great....and I am OLD!

I'm even older now and my peepers still work great.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited July 2017
    Unless your vision is very very bad, I wouldn't risk it. 
    Complications and bad outcomes are very rare, but if you are one of the unlucky ones...well it's your vision.  There's not much in life that isn't effected by it.
    My wife is an OD with eyes worse than mine, she has worked for an MD who did corrective procedures, and manages treatment for post-op patients.
    She hasn't/won't get LASIK either.

Again, the risk of bad outcomes is extremely minimal, but is the burden of wearing glasses really a reason to take that risk?  We say no way, Jose!
    Post edited by rgambs on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    rgambs said: 
    Unless your vision is very very bad, I wouldn't risk it. 
    Complications and bad outcomes are very rare, but if you are one of the unlucky ones...well it's your vision.  There's not much in life that isn't effected by it.
    My wife is an OD with eyes worse than mine, she has worked for an MD who did corrective procedures, and manages treatment for post-op patients.
    She hasn't/won't get LASIK either.

Again, the risk of bad outcomes is extremely minimal, but is the burden of wearing glasses really a reason to take that risk?  We say no way, Jose!
    I was -6.25 or so in both eyes. I guess I decided it was worth the risk as had it done 7 years ago and haven't had a bother :smile:
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    How was it MayDay?