Options

Secret "GUARANTEED" version.

fyreguy73fyreguy73 Posts: 168
edited January 2008 in The Porch
Go to guaranteed, track 11 and forward to 4:40, 2 minutes after the song finishes another version of the song with Eddie just humming!
He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

I wish I was the verb "to trust"
and never let you down.

Brisbane 1, 06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    fyreguy73 wrote:
    Go to guaranteed, track 11 and forward to 4:40, 2 minutes after the song finishes another version of the song with Eddie just humming!
    yes indeedy, there is.

also, the tracks Rise and No Ceiling that were in the film are different versions than on the CD. you can listen to them at the link below...click on Song after clicking the link below.

[url]wwhttp://www.vantageguilds.com/itw/index.html[/url]

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    fixing the link! http://www.vantageguilds.com/itw/index.html

BTW, ive been looking everywhere for the Rise version where eddie yells HEY!!! Thanks alot i love it!
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    The version of "The Wolf" is different too - it starts with eds chanting instead of the organ. Much more startling than the album version, theres silence and he suddenly belts out that "ahhhhaaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaa...."

When i saw the film i may have imagined it but was there an eddie song on the credits that isnt on the album?
  • Options
    gndcd402 wrote:
    fixing the link! http://www.vantageguilds.com/itw/index.html

BTW, ive been looking everywhere for the Rise version where eddie yells HEY!!! Thanks alot i love it!
    oops...thanks!

the november 1 edition of the Hollywood Reporter came with a CD of the entire score for Into the Wild, plus the film versions of the songs you and I linked to. i couldn't find any place local that sells the Hollywood Reporter...but you can buy back issues on their site...which i haven't done.

ds
  • Options
    JordyWordy wrote:
    The version of "The Wolf" is different too - it starts with eds chanting instead of the organ. Much more startling than the album version, theres silence and he suddenly belts out that "ahhhhaaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaa...."

When i saw the film i may have imagined it but was there an eddie song on the credits that isnt on the album?
    that's from the Score...go to the site we've linked to and click on Score...then on #15 Violence at Home...it starts about 1 min and 32 seconds into this track.

ds
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    DarkStar wrote:
    oops...thanks!

the november 1 edition of the Hollywood Reporter came with a CD of the entire score for Into the Wild, plus the film versions of the songs you and I linked to. i couldn't find any place local that sells the Hollywood Reporter...but you can buy back issues on their site...which i haven't done.

ds

Didn't know about. Thanks man. :)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/our_products/back_issues/index.jsp

Email'ing them right now to see if they got any copies left of the November issue with the Into the Wild CD score.
  • Options
    jack cameronjack cameron Sydney Posts: 340
    let us know what they say Demetrios!

thanks mate!

jack cameron...
    Pearl Jam: 11/02/03 • 13/02/03 • 18/02/03 • 07/11/06 • 13/11/06 • 16/11/06 • 18/11/06 • 19/11/06 • 20/11/09 • 22/11/09 • 26/01/14
    Eddie Vedder: 15/03/11 • 16/03/11 • 18/03/11 • 19/03/11 • 11/02/14 • 12/02/14
  • Options
    CateetoCateeto Posts: 377
    If anybody does happen to get those versions, please, please direct them to us! I would love to have a copy of those different versions of the songs. They are so amazing. Rise definitely sounds better with this slight change :)

I wouldn't imagine anybody out there has them right now????
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    Don't try library@hollywoodreporter.com email. Doesn't work.

mailbox@hollywoodreporter.com is the one to use. Hope it goes through. :)
  • Options
    LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Round Rock, Texas Posts: 555
    Anyone who is looking for these send me a pm with an e-mail address
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • Options
    JordyWordy wrote:

Where can I hear that version of The Wolf?
    MTV ruined music!!
  • Options
    Mikewails wrote:
    Where can I hear that version of The Wolf?
    see post #6 in this thread

ds
  • Options
    nice work people. lovely stuff
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    I still think "no "ceiling" is way toooooooo small...
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    Is there also a way to buy the score? I really enjoy these tunes...
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    fyreguy73 wrote:

hahahha
    its not a secret...u just gotta keep listening...thanks for the chuckle
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    so...about a month on from this thread i find myself repeatedly going to the vantageguild site (many thanks to DS for the link) to listen to the score. love it. i loved the donnydarko score too...im a sucker for these short instrumentals that remind me of scenes.

Michael "infinite guitar" Brook...Kaki King...and EV. awesome

SO...the point of my post is>>>> did anyone have any luck getting hold of it or know of any way i can get a buy/get a copy of it??
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    DarkStar wrote:
    that's from the Score...go to the site we've linked to and click on Score...then on #15 Violence at Home...it starts about 1 min and 32 seconds into this track.

ds

is it #15 or #16?
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    hahahha
    its not a secret...u just gotta keep listening...thanks for the chuckle

patience IS a virtue..........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    writersu wrote:
    is it #15 or #16?

#16.

but out of 30-something, he was close enough!

"Violence at home" is the name of it on the score. such a brilliant track. cant stop going back to it. 10 times better than the soundtrack "Wolf"
  • Options
    JordyWordy wrote:
    #16.

but out of 30-something, he was close enough!

"Violence at home" is the name of it on the score. such a brilliant track. cant stop going back to it. 10 times better than the soundtrack "Wolf"

ok cool I will check that now...........

• Options
    hey, i noticed this version of guarenteed is on the pj myspace aswell...heard abit of it the other day thought it was just a glitch or something didnt know it was a diff version so i didnt listen all the way through
    cool though, gotta check it out now