Options

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
edited November 2009 in All Encompassing Trip
...is the best and funniest show on television.
Just saying :D

My favorite episodes:
-The Nightman Cometh
-The Liberty Bell
-Dennis & Dee Go On Welfare
-The Gang Gets Trigger Happy
-Kitten Mittens
-Dee tries out for the Eagles
"Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
~not a dude~
2010: MSGx2
2012: Made In America
2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
2015: Global Citizen Festival
2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Yes! Greatest show ever! Not to mention mac says he's the bassist for pearl jam in a bonus feature on the season 3 dvd, i cracked up.
  • Options
    Did u see the x-mas special!
    O my god, hilarious!!
    9/29/1996 NY
    9/1&2/2000 Camden
    7/6/2003 Camden
    5/27/2006 Camden 6/1&3/2006 NJ
    6/19/2008 Camden, 6/22/2008 Washington DC, 6/25/2008 NY
    8/7/2008 Eddie Vedder NJ, 6/11/2008 Eddie Vedder Philly (3rd Row! Thanks 10c!!)
    10/28,30&31/2009 Philly
  • Options
    hinxhinx Posts: 414
    Charlie's kitten mittons infomercial at the beginning of that episode made me laugh so hard I cried. When the cat falls off the table, I lose it :lol::lol:
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    hinx wrote:
    Charlie's kitten mittons infomercial at the beginning of that episode made me laugh so hard I cried. When the cat falls off the table, I lose it :lol::lol:

Me too, every single time! "DOES YOUR CAT MAKE A LOT OF NOISE?"

Geniuses, at that show, I tell you!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    hilarious show that I was just turned onto....................and then I watched THE LEAGUE and found it pretty damn funny to.
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    the mortgage crisis episode cracked me up
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    xmas movie, charlies revelation about his Mom...
    Wait til he goes to the mall to visit Santa!
    9/29/1996 NY
    9/1&2/2000 Camden
    7/6/2003 Camden
    5/27/2006 Camden 6/1&3/2006 NJ
    6/19/2008 Camden, 6/22/2008 Washington DC, 6/25/2008 NY
    8/7/2008 Eddie Vedder NJ, 6/11/2008 Eddie Vedder Philly (3rd Row! Thanks 10c!!)
    10/28,30&31/2009 Philly
  • Options
    how come we never play night crawlers anymore? :lol::lol:
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    spnoonespnoone Posts: 625
    how come we never play night crawlers anymore? :lol::lol:

"nightcrawlers? i have to ask, because it sounds like you crawl around on your stomachs like worms."
    "this isn't about you. just write it down."

also, dicktowel.com is real. can't bring myself to order one. $19.99.
  • Options
    between this, office, 30 rock, curb your enthusiasm, and californication my life is rich with laughter :lol:

great thread! my favorites are when dee's dating the retard, when charlie and dee are cannibals, and when the gang tries selling gas door to door :lol:

its great that i caught onto this show so late and had tons of episodes instantly at my disposal... cause now the waiting every week sucks!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    12 Seasons and now there's not even a whiff of an argument from sane and intelligent beings across the multiverse....
    Greatest Comedy in TV history.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

I can't get enough of this show, and I also can't get over how well they've developed each character. The 12th season had some of the funniest episodes in their entire run (PTSDee, The Gang goes to the Waterpark, The Gang Turns Black)

Hands down one of the best shows out there.

• Options

I can't get enough of this show, and I also can't get over how well they've developed each character. The 12th season had some of the funniest episodes in their entire run (PTSDee, The Gang goes to the Waterpark, The Gang Turns Black)

Hands down one of the best shows out there.

What a horrible thing to say, shame on you.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    I hate this show. I am glad some people really enjoy it, but I watched several episodes at one point with an open mind, because I had read good things, and I found it mostly intolerable. Most of the characters just suck IMO. The acting is pretty bad a lot of the time - like overacted - and the situations are kinda dumb more often than not. I honestly don't see what fans are seeing, obviously. I don't think I laughed even once while I watched. It was a chore. I can't believe that people can watch Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Office, or 30 Rock, and then say this show is as good as those. I just don't get it!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    PJ_Soul said:
    I hate this show. I am glad some people really enjoy it, but I watched several episodes at one point with an open mind, because I had read good things, and I found it mostly intolerable. Most of the characters just suck IMO. The acting is pretty bad a lot of the time - like overacted - and the situations are kinda dumb more often than not. I honestly don't see what fans are seeing, obviously. I don't think I laughed even once while I watched. It was a chore. I can't believe that people can watch Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Office, or 30 Rock, and then say this show is as good as those. I just don't get it!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsmCR4-mxtc
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    PJ_Soul said:
    This and Trailer Park Boys.  People eat both of these shows' shit up and I can't stand either one.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    You listed 4 shows that don't have as much edge as a butterknife.
    Not that they aren't funny, (CYE and 30 Rock are much more entertaining than they are funny) but they don't have a single tooth among them.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    This and Trailer Park Boys.  People eat both of these shows' shit up and I can't stand either one.
    Just as long as you don't like How I Met Your Mother or Big Bang Theory lol
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Rum ham bitches!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    https://youtu.be/TNLPGCCUfnY
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203
    PJ_Soul said:
    agree mostly.  I watched a bunch of the first few seasons and was amused but got pretty lame after that imho.  Charlie Day is really the only one of the cast that is funny.  It doesn't come in the same stratosphere as Seinfeld or M*A*S*H.
  • Options
    Mash???
    My Mom and Grandma watch Mash to go to sleep lol
    That's no joke.  
    It's still funnier than anything on Mash lol

Mash is a great show, classic, entertaining, very witty and memorable, but it isn't funny by any stretch of imagination.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don't necessarily dislike How I Met Your Mother, but I can't get into it, either.  Big Bang Theory is just bad.  I get more enjoyment from watching the Youtube clips of it with the laugh tracks edited out and seeing how awkward it is.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I was actually going to compare this show to the Big Bang Theory in my post, but I couldn't remember what it's called. :lol: I don't think Sunny is any better than Big Bang.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Well that's a funny response, but it also outlines why I don't like the show, lol. I just find the writing and the acting distractingly "put on". There is nothing genuine about this show IMO, which is where the appeal is when it comes to Seinfeld or The Office or Curb. I simply find this crazy overacting annoying. I seriously don't find it edgy at all, like you said. That is nice that you find it edgy though. ;)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I was actually going to compare this show to the Big Bang Theory in my post, but I couldn't remember what it's called. :lol: I don't think Sunny is any better than Big Bang.
    Oh geez that's just silly.
    I can't tell if you are just being contrarian or if you haven't actually seen one or either of the shows.
    There's no way that you can like PJ so much and still have taste poor enough to compare a worse than mainstream Chuck Lorre laughtrack for 30 seconds so that you know there was a "joke" snoozefest to the wacky and wild gang, which has a ton of meta humor and 4-6 people speaking and reacting differently at the same time.

Do you like 2 and a half men too? 
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Well that's a funny response, but it also outlines why I don't like the show, lol. I just find the writing and the acting distractingly "put on". There is nothing genuine about this show IMO, which is where the appeal is when it comes to Seinfeld or The Office or Curb. I simply find this crazy overacting annoying. I seriously don't find it edgy at all, like you said. That is nice that you find it edgy though. ;)
    Isn't Seinfeld pretty much the definition of overacting?

• Options
    edited September 2017
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I can't tell if you are just being contrarian or if you haven't actually seen one or either of the shows.
    There's no way that you can like PJ so much and still have taste poor enough to compare a worse than mainstream Chuck Lorre laughtrack for 30 seconds so that you know there was a "joke" snoozefest to the wacky and wild gang, which has a ton of meta humor and 4-6 people speaking and reacting differently at the same time.

Are you serious about the contrarian/are you lying comment? No, seriously, lol. I truly dislike this show and not just trying to be some anti-Sunny hipster. :lol: And yes, I've seen enough of it and the Big Bang (gave both a chance because I believed people when they said they were good - maybe I should stop listening to people about TV shows, haha). And the only way I'm comparing the two is in that they both suck equally. :lol:
    No, I totally hate 2 and half men. Why, do you like 2 and half men? I wouldn't be surprised, since you're such a huge fan of such a crappy sitcom as It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. =);)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Are you serious about the contrarian/are you lying comment? No, seriously, lol. I truly dislike this show and not just trying to be some anti-Sunny hipster. :lol: And yes, I've seen enough of it and the Big Bang (gave both a chance because I believed people when they said they were good - maybe I should stop listening to people about TV shows, haha). And the only way I'm comparing the two is in that they both suck equally. :lol:
    No, I totally hate 2 and half men. Why, do you like 2 and half men? I wouldn't be surprised, since you're such a huge fan of such a crappy sitcom as It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. =);)
    I hate 2.5 men, but I suppose I'd rather watch an episode a day for the rest of my life than hear 1 more Beastie Boys song lol
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Isn't Seinfeld pretty much the definition of overacting?

Not in my opinion, no. But even if I did think so, it wouldn't be even remotely as extreme as it is in Sunny, where I think it is completely out of control and what ruins the show. The thing about Seinfeld and Sunny... is that they have literally nothing in common, besides the fact that they are both sitcoms. I don't even know why these two shows keep getting mentioned together (and I've seen that comparison many, many times), but I went along for the ride I guess.