Options

Got my first PJ tattoo..

Comments

• Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    That will be one ironic tatoo at your funeral.

I just like the design. You dont like it? explain..
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    PJ tatoos are drawing me closer and closer to getting some ink myself. Damn you all for having such cool taste. J/K
  • Options
    PJ tatoos are drawing me closer and closer to getting some ink myself. Damn you all for having such cool taste. J/K

yeah ive been waiting for one for a while. Im just getting ready to go and do it , the tough part is finding the right design...

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    it's kind of funny how people who don't have these pj tats are the ones who are criticizing it so badly. i joined the club a few months ago and am so glad i did. i went with tried and true, stickman, but it's still awesome.
  • Options
    jackwvu wrote:
    it's kind of funny how people who don't have these pj tats are the ones who are criticizing it so badly. i joined the club a few months ago and am so glad i did. i went with tried and true, stickman, but it's still awesome.

Cant go wrong there..I want something a little more rare.

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    I respect that tat- congrats.
    I think I am going to go with "The sun will rise another day" at some point.
    It sort of means the same thing to me as "Im still alive" in the sense that....time will still go on.
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    You dont know me. You dont know my past, and you can't predict my future.

Im sorry to you the song is tired, but for me its inspirational.

Like I said, you dont know me.. and you dont have to get lyrics tattooed on your body if you dont want to.

Oh, and if you did.. I wouldn't criticize you. Have a nice day...
    freakin love the song...heard it a gazillion times...but I still get that same feelings/thoughts as I did the first time.......can understand why you choose this......

I haven't gotten a tat....and not sure if I ever will...but don't criticize those that do......course if I did....stickman....
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    jackwvu wrote:
    got a pic of stick??
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Who the hell are you to tell this person what has meaning and what doesn't?

How does it affect you?

Shut the hell up.
    not only that....but its borderline hypocritical......I mean if one likes a certain car, clothes, haircut, whatever....exactly the same as a tattoo.

Plus who's to judge...people that judge are mean and mean people suck.
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    Got a new one about 3 weeks ago. Figured why make a new thread, since there's a few old ones. Anywhooo, there it is. Im very pleased with it.

Its on the inside bicep area of my right arm. Hurt like hell there.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e17/VadzPix/Portaits/122107_JV_0003.jpg
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    That's cool man but they missed a comma on the I. ;)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    oh...i forgot ... everyone has a right to their own opinion except me
    yours wasnt an opinion... it was an ASSUMPTION about someone you dont know... theres a difference...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    KeiranKeiran Posts: 393
    I like it! PJ's lyrics are amazing - nothing wrong with your choice whatsoever!!! Wish I had the guts to get one but I fear pain and needles and infections and making such permanent decisions :) Guess I'll just enjoy every one else's art!
    I wish a guy like Eddie, would like me.
  • Options
    What? that tattoo was printed on his pppppp-coooooockkk???? ouch!
  • Options
    OttOtt Posts: 403
    A tad morbid, but the first thing I thought of was the story which happened here over the Holidays. A girl was in a car accident and the EMS assumed she was dead; they covered her with a tarp and she sat in the freezing temperatures still hanging on to life until more EMS showed up and took her pulse. She was out there for over an hour and a half.
    Sick story, but at least they'll check you twice if some tragedy were to befall you.

Oh, and I have a Stickman, and four others PJ related. One is even lyrics. So, welcome to the club, and sport it proudly. I have the stickman for much of the same reason. No matter how bad it gets, I'm still alive.

Ott

And welcome to the board Duckers!!
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • Options
    SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    what is the story behind eds Wrench and Indian Hatchett?
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • Options
    I like it!! nice.simple & to the point...I'm planning on getting mine in a couple of weeks...gonna get Stickman with " Pearl Jam" written underneath...can't wait!!! :):)
  • Options
    It was a difficult time in my life too, but I got this tattooed on my inner arm on the day that I knew I would be ok...

"the love she receives is the love that is saved"
    35 shows, 11 different states, 2 guitar picks, 1 setlist.
  • Options
    CapstonerCapstoner Posts: 727
    I think it's cool.
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • Options
    I pondered for a long time about what it was gonna be, then it just hit me. I was looking for deep meanings and something complex, but I ended up with something so simple yet so bold.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d179/mikefinz/l_aaed889147a508a1a919d284a18686e5.jpg

These words have helped me through some of the toughest times of my life.. and as long as im still able to read it, it will always be true.

careful. text tattoos can "bleed out" much more severely then regular tattoos especially when the letters are as close together as yours.
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    I finally decided that I'll get a stickman on the back of my lower right leg.
    It will be my first tattoo, so a couple of questions:

How do you know a good tattoo artist? Do you look at their previous work or what?

Does price equal quality? Don't want my stickman to be all blurry when I'm 50. So if I pay more, can I be sure that it will a better quality? I've seen alot of stickman tattoos. Most are cool, but I would be sorry to walk around with some of them too. :(
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    I want a Pearl Jam-tattoo. I just don't know what I want yet. A stickman is so 'ordinary' but also really cool. I have to think carefully about what I put on my body, it's going to be there for the rest of my life.
    I love yours TS.
  • Options
    DuckersDuckers Posts: 11
    ask your friends to find out about which tattoo artist is worth visiting. Im in England and there seems to be a lot of studios popping up at the moment. as for getting the tat done. I had the artist to do a trace of my picture and he transfered that to my arm then inked over the lines. Im not sure if any tattoists would attempt a free hand tattoo.

Make sure to follow the instructions that you are told/given after the tattoo. keep it moist and clean with vaseline or tattoo balm and NEVER pick at it. even if it itches and bugs the shit out of you.

Oh eat something before having it done. I had my Jim tattoo on an empty stomach at about 4pm. nearly passed out and felt like a bit of a tit while lying on my back trying to drink a cup of sugary tea lmao
  • Options
    dont listen to the haters, that looks good! I've always thought about getting something, but I'm too much of a pussy.
  • Options
    DuckersDuckers Posts: 11
    get it done. They dont hurt. its like a cat scratch at the very worst. Its more mental than actual pain. if you go in thinking it will hurt then it will. but honestly it doesnt hurt half as bad as you think. That is as long as you stay away from bone. Guy who did my tattoo said the head and kneecaps are the most painfull.
  • Options
    OttOtt Posts: 403
    dane wrote:
    I finally decided that I'll get a stickman on the back of my lower right leg.
    It will be my first tattoo, so a couple of questions:

How do you know a good tattoo artist? Do you look at their previous work or what?

Does price equal quality? Don't want my stickman to be all blurry when I'm 50. So if I pay more, can I be sure that it will a better quality? I've seen alot of stickman tattoos. Most are cool, but I would be sorry to walk around with some of them too. :(
    Just do some research. I got my Stickman on my leg seven/eight years ago. The studio has been around forever and is reputable. I am not a tat artist, but I assume that like most things, there are different qualities of ink. I never put sunscreen on unless I am at the beach or river or whatever and mine is still as black as the day I got it. No bleeding, no fading, no green tint (yet). So, spend the extra money. Don't schiest on something that is forever. There's an old addage about tattoos. Cheap tats are cheap for a reason. Like anything else, you get what you pay for in most cases.

Ott
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • Options
    HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
    Tonigh, I'm going to get the No Code symbol (the triangle and circle) on my forearm.
    Im excited!!
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    My left wrist says "if i had known then"
    Mr right wrist says "what i know now"

It inspires me on my constant quest for knowledge.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    HushBull wrote:
    Tonigh, I'm going to get the No Code symbol (the triangle and circle) on my forearm.
    Im excited!!

post a picture when you get a chance