Options

radio play

the jamthe jam Posts: 31
edited October 2009 in The Porch
i was just wondering if the radio has been playing the single or any other songs from this album? i don't listen to local radio much any more because i have sirus. i haven't heard it on sirus as of yet. although i haven't been listening much to sirus do to not taken the new album out.
i have to say backspacer is a great album. it was strange at first to hear such positive things coming from the lyrics, and all the songs are really upbeat. thats why i love this band. it took me 3 times to really get it. so far, this is the first album since Ten that i like every song on it. usually there is 1 maybe 2 songs i don't care much about. i can't even pick a favorite because every time i spin it...i have a new fav.
anyways to me every song should be a hit on the airways. just wondering whats going on out there.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    im is sanbernardino and although I dont listen to the radio much everytime im in the car with my friend he has the alternative rock station on and I havent even heard the fixer hell they hardly play alive anymore. They usually play the hits for two weeks atleast like with life wasted and world wide suicide but nothing off backspacer. The rock stations in san berdu suck ass but so does this whole county anyways they are neglecting pearl jam I dont think the station has liked pearl jam since no code. their loss but thats a report from so cal san bernardino
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i heard gonna see my friend yesterday on wxrt out of chicago
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    You gotta love WXRT, sometimes. I don't agree with some of the crap they play but they do have variety. The other morning, I kid you not, I woke up to hearing Unthought Known. I had to make sure I wasn't dreaming. It was a beautiful thing.
  • Options
    redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    dunno, nothing i know of in th uk, but i dont see any pj getting to much airplay over here
    album will still sell a shitload anyhow
  • Options
    Not really radio play, but I heard "The Fixer" as bumper music coming out of a commercial on a Red Sox radio broadcast a couple nights ago...
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • Options
    i've heard the fixer and supersonic on the radio
  • Options
    not radio either but i heard the fixer on like monday night football or some other football thingy
    6/14/08, 6/23/09
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,460
    "The Fixer" has been in the top 4 of Billboard's Rock Songs chart for ten weeks. It is an entirely airplay-based chart, so obviously the song is getting fairly widespread airplay on rock stations.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Got Guts wrote:
    You gotta love WXRT, sometimes. I don't agree with some of the crap they play but they do have variety. The other morning, I kid you not, I woke up to hearing Unthought Known. I had to make sure I wasn't dreaming. It was a beautiful thing.
    What crap do they play? They have the best playlists I've seen! they are really the only respectable Chicago radio station. Q101is horrible.