Options

Grammy Worthy

EddieLedBetterEddieLedBetter Posts: 360
edited October 2009 in The Porch
I know PJ doesnt care nor should I but goddamn this album deserves one! This is so refreshing compared to all the other crap out there in rock n roll. Am I wrong or just and asshole donny?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yup
  • Options
    MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    Album of the Year and Rock album of the year. Not sure if the nominations period has closed already.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Winning a grammy lost all its significance the moment the the words "... and the winner is ... Jethro Tull" were uttered on stage.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Winning a grammy lost all its significance the moment the the words "... and the winner is ... Jethro Tull" were uttered on stage.

no kidding. :D

I wouldn't be at all surprised if PJ wasn't even nominated since the academy knows PJ would be no-shows, and may even say something derogatory in the media about it if asked.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    DH62179DH62179 Posts: 312
    Considering Avocado was completely ignored I wouldn't expect it. Yield basically was also, I think DTE was nominated for the video...whatever.
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,005
    After Ed's speach for STBC i think they will never win again, they may get nominated but the Grammy's is total & utter rubbish, who would want one.
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    jimed14 wrote:
    Even before that...
    "In the category of 'Best Rock Band'... the Nominees are...
    Kool and the Gang
    K.C. and the Sunshine Band
    Earth, Wind and Fire
    The Osmonds
    and The Starland Vocal Band...
    ... and the winner is...
    NOT The Fucking WHO... NOT Led Fucking Zeppelin... NOT Pink Floyd... because they weren't fucking nominated."
    They give it to Jethro Tull... when Jethro Tull should have been considered in 1969-1973... Steely Dan when they should have been recognized over 2 decades before... Herbie Hancock, when 'Headhunters' was light years ahead of it's time in the 70s.
    The Grammys are out of touch with anything other than the Americal Idol type Top 40s bullshit.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    The grammies are a popularity contest