Options

Why does a UK radio station have bootlegs before us?

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited October 2009 in The Porch
well? did they pay extra for it or something?

Pearl Jam on Absolute Classic Rock

It's not just Absolute Radio's birthday, it's our birthday too, and we're celebrating it on with a world exclusive. You can hear Pearl Jam's amazing performance at the O2, in full with no interruptions. Tune in on Friday 2 October at 7pm.

http://classicrock.absoluteradio.co.uk/
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I can only hope that this means we're getting close to the European boot releases.

Does suck though!
    I know I was born and I know that'll I die but the inbetween is mine!

Wembley 2000
    Wembley 2007
    Manchester 2009
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    good point..why???
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,934
    So I can tape it and save some money?
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    So I can tape it and save some money?
    u got mine :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Will be retarded fm quality anyway.
  • Options
    HeyWayneHeyWayne Posts: 316
    Brisk. wrote:

No retarded fm is now called Radio 1. They've gone all PC. Aparently calling someone a retard isn't the done thing any more. You can call them a spazz though.
    Just a dude growing veg

haywayne.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:

its on digital sky tv channel 0201. digital quality amigo.

but thank you for your usual optimism ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,266
    Maybe they delayed the Euro boots because they got alot of Franklins from radiostations. Whouldnt be so COOL to broadcast a existing CD. After all the radio broadcast the BOOTS will be released, maybe :roll:
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    dunkman wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

its on digital sky tv channel 0201. digital quality amigo.

but thank you for your usual optimism ;)

Oh thats cool, will check it out then i guess.
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    I heard this on the radio last weekend...got super excited to hear that.

I'm sure they played Alive from the O2 last night aswell.
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    So this will be ok to record & pass around in the Pearl Jam Trading Community, eh? :ugeek:
  • Options
    Red-ManRed-Man Posts: 62
    I just tuned into sky channel 0201 this second, and they were playing The Fixer from the O2. Through my rubbish TV speakers it sounds like dog shit. Oh well.

Where that fuck are our bootlegs!? :-(
  • Options
    scottewing wrote:
    I just tuned into sky channel 0201 this second, and they were playing The Fixer from the O2. Through my rubbish TV speakers it sounds like dog shit. Oh well.

Where that fuck are our bootlegs!? :-(

Yeah man, im just gonna listen to this when it comes out as i listen to all the shows from the tour as soon as they are released. I presume the version 10c release will be the best quality too so dont want to listen to it if it wont be the best quality. Cool its on radio and in full etc though.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    Maybe the radio station's wanted to have access to the show's first, play them on the air for all to hear, before the fan's have access to cd's, flac's & mp3's. If the fan's already have access to the goods, would you tune into their radio station to hear the show again on the radio? Many won't. So this gives the radio station's a chance to play something, exclusive, that nobody has heard yet, so everybody can tune into!
  • Options
    Maybe they delayed the Euro boots because they got alot of Franklins from radiostations. Whouldnt be so COOL to broadcast a existing CD. After all the radio broadcast the BOOTS will be released, maybe :roll:

That will be why. Once all the radio stations have played the shoes they agreed with pearl jam ect they will release them. Hopefully tonight will be the last one and they will be for sale monday maybe?
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    What's the complaining about?? I wish I could listen to the Chicago shows for free.

You guys are gonna get your boots. Be patient. There's no conspiracy to keep the boots from you.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    What's the complaining about?? I wish I could listen to the Chicago shows for free.

You guys are gonna get your boots. Be patient. There's no conspiracy to keep the boots from you.
    like there wasnt in 2007 :D
  • Options
    When do they play it? In an hour than? its 6pm in britain now?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Maybe the radio station's wanted to have access to the show's first, play them on the air for all to hear, before the fan's have access to cd's, flac's & mp3's. If the fan's already have access to the goods, would you tune into their radio station to hear the show again on the radio? Many won't. So this gives the radio station's a chance to play something, exclusive, that nobody has heard yet, so everybody can tune into!

so a radio station then becomes more 'important' than the people who actually spent £40+ per ticket to go to the show?
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

my complaint is that a corporate radio channel gets the bootleg before us. Its a valid complaint.
  • Options
    my complaint is that a corporate radio channel gets the bootleg before us. Its a valid complaint.

Is it really? ESPN got The Fixer before us and radiostations got it too...

I mean big deal. It's not even worthy of a disucssion. I don't see how we deserve to get the bootlegs first, be hapy that we do get them...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Yeah it sucks we have to wait longer but it's not really that big a deal & the turnaround between show and bootleg release is still pretty good.
  • Options
    CloneClone UK Posts: 141
    It's on right now, up to Why Go.
  • Options
    Great quality.
  • Options
    Sounds great, except for that DJ :)
  • Options
    redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    yepp this does suck, who wants to listen to shitty fm anyhow
  • Options

Is it really? ESPN got The Fixer before us and radiostations got it too...

I mean big deal. It's not even worthy of a disucssion. I don't see how we deserve to get the bootlegs first, be hapy that we do get them...

not at the london show were you? ;)

I know we'll get it eventually... i'm recording it right now... my point is, even though you deem it unworthy of discussion yet continue to discuss it... is that people who went to the Chicago shows have a bootleg... meanwhile the O2 one is being played on a commercial radio station before us fans can actually have it.

if i find it worthy of discussion then to me it is... you can always not post?
  • Options

its also on a digital quality satellite broadcast amigo!!
  • Options
    redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    dunkman wrote:

fairplay mate, i was at the show, very awesome night..
    your point is a valid one, it seems no matter WHAT we post, some people will slam it
    we all allowed a opinion
    anyhow enjoy the broadcast, im savin meself for the boot
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

fairplay mate, i was at the show, very awesome night..
    your point is a valid one, it seems no matter WHAT we post, some people will slam it
    we all allowed a opinion
    anyhow enjoy the broadcast, im savin meself for the boot

I'm playing this thorugh my laptop w/ headphones and it sounds great.