Options

*** LA 2 Fanviews Here 10/01/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    [/quote]
    gohike wrote:
    great shows. Saw 5 this tour, and now I'm done. Gibson Amp. is amazing. I was more than impressed! To the lucky ones going for nights 3 and 4, there's not a bad seat in the house. Enjoy!! I had 10c seats for 4 of the shows, the 5th being a festival. Worst seat I had was last night, 10th row, Stone's side. Otherwise, 4 or 6th row. THANK YOU 10C.

Now i do not like the Lakers or Dodgers, and had no desire to purchase a shirt, however a friend I was with did. I can't understand for the life of me why they would sell show specific merchandise outside of the venue, before you gave them your ticket to get inside. I was disgusted to see numerous people leaving Universal City with shirts purchased who had absolutely NO desire to go to the show. I bet they were on ebay before the show even started. Recommendation: If you are going to sell show specific merchandise, please sell it only inside the arena where paying ticket holders can purchase the goods and not scalperrs/flippers. For a band that takes bootleg memorabilia as seriously as PJ does, I'd think this would only be common sense!

I'm going to call out a few people that need to some common sense smacked into them! To the moronic fans who sat in 10c seats, far stage right, Stone's side, row AA and BB Orchestra, how can you sit the entire show? Even worse, the asian female (Me, and numerous others around us have pic's and video evidence as well!) who slept for the first 8 songs. When I asked her bf/husband if she was ok (I assumed she was hammered), he even said, "she's sober, slept at a Raiders game, and is now sleeping at a Pearl Jam show!) WTF!!! What a waste of 10c seats.

To the prizes who won the lottery, 2nd row, far right (Stone's side): HOW DO YOU SIT DOWN DURING REARVIEWMIRROR???? Even better, to the two hot chicks who were dressed up like they were going to a club in Vegas and not a PJ show seated 2nd row, two in from the end, Stone's side, HOW DO YOU SIT DOWN DURING REARVIEWMIRROR AND TEXT THE ENTIRE SONG??? (I have video proof of this as well!!!). PATHETIC! You should have your 10c membership revoked! There were 5500 other people that would have served those seats better than you!

Great stretch of shows! I love this band. This marked the end of my 2009 run, culminating w/ my 54th show since 1995! Thanks for keeping it real! See you next year (hands and knees praying!)

WOW!!!! It doesn't bother me so much about the girls outfits but who texts during a Pearl Jam concert?? WOW. You gotta post this video if you have it... Even worse-
    Dear Guy, Please stop brining your girlfriend to amazing events if she can't see and hear greatness... no offense but maybe it's time to get a new girlfriend... one whose not so sleepy and has passion for anything. Who could sleep through the entire crowd singing every word???? I would be so ashamed if my partner did this... So sad.
    About the shirts.... I looked everywhere for backspacer shirts and i can't find them anywhere except ebay. It's totally frustrating and ridiculous! I'm not paying 70-100 dollars for a tee... I hope they are going to have some at the LA show on the 7th.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything,...
    All my hopes, anger, pride, and shame,..."
  • Options
    gohikegohike Posts: 31
    proofs in the puddin...

Video link removed by Admin. Do not do this again. The people were seated so the people in wheelchairs behind them could see. Enough already with the posts about the crowds. The Fanviews are for talking about the music.

If the owner of that video would remove it from YouTube, it would be the right thing to do. Enough with harrassing other people.

Admin
  • Options
    SP96445SP96445 Posts: 214
    gohike wrote:
    proofs in the puddin...
    Video link removed by Admin. Do not do this again. The people were seated so the people in wheelchairs behind them could see. Enough already with the posts about the crowds. The Fanviews are for talking about the music.

If the owner of that video would remove it from YouTube, it would be the right thing to do. Enough with harrassing other people.

Admin

Maybe one person sitting but you shouldn't expect a guy in a wheelchair (the guy behind) to dance even during rearviewmirror. Guy in front might be suffering from gout
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    edited October 2009
    gohike wrote:
    proofs in the puddin...

was he sitting the entire show? he could be doing it to not block the person in the wheelchair's view
    Post edited by norm on
  • Options
    gohike wrote:
    proofs in the puddin...

Admin

Dude, you are even worse.
    Who worries about what other people are doing rows away from them and VIDEOS them during RVM?

Seems like the guy sitting was enjoying the show more than YOU if you ask me!

You have no idea of his reason - maybe he had knee surgery months ago and was hurting? Maybe he just worked a double shift and was exhausted but still wanted to see his favorite band? You have no idea....

Posting that on youtube and calling him lame is downright sad.

/rant
    Fill the air up with love...
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    gohike wrote:
    proofs in the puddin...

Admin

Um, yeah that's great, but um, didn't you say something about a video with hot chicks......... :mrgreen: :geek: ;)
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    gohike wrote:
    proofs in the puddin...

Admin

was he sitting the entire show? he could be doing it to not block the person in the wheelchair's view

exactly! if thats true, what a great guy
  • Options
    RandRRandR Posts: 9
    How can I get one of those "Religion" t-shirts? That's a great line. While we're on the topic, someone needs to do something about those renegade t-shirt salesman outside the shows. What's worse are the fans that line up to buy that crap.
  • Options
    Help!
    Don't have tickets for Tues. or Wed. show, but am dying to go. I know they release txs. for us members first, but I'm not sure how this is done.
    Ticket booth @ Universal opens at 1. Are extra tickets released at the begining of each performance night, throughout the day, or just before the show?
    What would be the best way to possibly get tickets? Any advise would be Greatly appreciated!!!
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    Help!
    Don't have tickets for Tues. or Wed. show, but am dying to go. I know they release txs. for us members first, but I'm not sure how this is done.
    Ticket booth @ Universal opens at 1. Are extra tickets released at the begining of each performance night, throughout the day, or just before the show?
    What would be the best way to possibly get tickets? Any advise would be Greatly appreciated!!!

They don't release tickets for "us members" first.

Keep checking ticketmaster. More than likely, they will release some tickets a day or two before the show. They did this for sure for night 1 (I didn't check for night 2, but they probably did the same then as well).
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,226
    Help!

i would like to know too
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    Help!

i would like to know too

Fucking a, never thought I'd see Bell Gardens listed as the hometown of anybody on this board.

Grew up there myself...you go to BGHS?
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    FRONT
    FUCKING
    ROW!!!

sweet...
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    gohike wrote:
    Recommendation: If you are going to sell show specific merchandise, please sell it only inside the arena where paying ticket holders can purchase the goods and not scalperrs/flippers. For a band that takes bootleg memorabilia as seriously as PJ does, I'd think this would only be common sense!
    WOW! I've never seen this happen at the shows I've ever been to (and my number is not bad :D)
    gohike wrote:
    Even worse, the asian female (Me, and numerous others around us have pic's and video evidence as well!) who slept for the first 8 songs. When I asked her bf/husband if she was ok (I assumed she was hammered), he even said, "she's sober, slept at a Raiders game, and is now sleeping at a Pearl Jam show!) WTF!!! What a waste of 10c seats.
    ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS??? I can't even comprehend that!
    gohike wrote:
    To the prizes who won the lottery, 2nd row, far right (Stone's side): HOW DO YOU SIT DOWN DURING REARVIEWMIRROR???? Even better, to the two hot chicks who were dressed up like they were going to a club in Vegas and not a PJ show seated 2nd row, two in from the end, Stone's side, HOW DO YOU SIT DOWN DURING REARVIEWMIRROR AND TEXT THE ENTIRE SONG??? (I have video proof of this as well!!!). PATHETIC! You should have your 10c membership revoked! There were 5500 other people that would have served those seats better than you!

This is absolutely UNFORGIVIABLE! RVM GIVES ME A NATURAL HIGH AND I CAN'T IMAGINE SITTING DOWN DURING THAT SONG! Those people should have been kicked out immediately!

The chicks with the club attire do not surprise me. After all we are talking about an LA crowd. No disrespect to my LA peeps but it's unfortunately the truth.....
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    I'm back at work now... I'm a restaurant manager, and i work 10 or 11 hour days for the next 4 days until tuesday... my punishment for all this time off.... I won't get out until 1am tonight..

This is fucking killing me. My ears are ringing, i can't stop humming 'Gonna See My Friend' and i'm going absolutely crazy inside waiting for Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday...

Fuck.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    Thank you Thank you Thank you!! 10C

First time ever to PJ concert, #424,XXX

I was expecting mezzanine seats since I'm fairly new but I figure it's good enough for me as long as I'm in the building. When I picked up the tickets stated "Orchestra 1 RowDD" I figured it was way on the side and way back after A-Z and start again AA-ZZ, hey but I'm finally in the PJ concert. Since we arrived little after 7PM due to traffic and wanted to see Ben Harper, there was no time to linger outside, just grab some hot dog and went in. As we were lead to our seats and realized we were very front and center, our jaws dropped, just couldn't believe it. The show rocked! It was unbelievable, the whole experience! I don't know if anybody feel this way but when Eddie sings, he really sings his feeling out and you feel he sings to you only. I'm hopelessly become PJ fanatic now.

gohike wrote:
    proofs in the puddin...

Admin
    ]

I would like to comment on this one, it's clearly he was sitting down so he wouldn't block wheelchair's view. To call out someone like that is not cool at all, we don't know what's the story behind it. My husband is tall 6'6" last night he didn't dance or wave his hands high because he knew his height already made the person behind him to find other angle to see PJ on stage. If he moved around or danced or waved, it would just caused more inconvenience to the persons behind him. But he is pure PJ fan since 91, he still clapped, screamed, sang throughout the whole show.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,934
    I'm only just over 6 foot and I've always felt the pressure of blocking the view for shorter people behind me at festivals and gigs, if I had a wheel chair behind me I'd probably feel the need to sit down too. This video guy is a proper twat imo, what the hell are you doing filming people at a PJ show. Jesus. . . :roll:
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    pateljampateljam Posts: 340
    BF25394 wrote:
    SB25943 wrote:
    Fantastic Show!!

Thank you to all people who make it happen

Gibson is an AMAZING venue! The acoustics are second to none.

The set played was fantastic and the crowd was having a good time.

Advise: Pay for Preferred parking $20 (you'll be within 3 minutes of the stadium) - regular parking is $10...and you'll have to walk 15 minutes both ways.

15 minutes? Were you walking on your hands? It takes about three minutes walking briskly, maybe five if you walk normally.
    Uh... ok... if you get stuck parking at the far end past Buca di beppo then it will take nearly 15 minutes.
    (forget what the name of that lot is though).... The 20.00 parking is worth it at the end of the night after standing for so long... and that garage clears out much quicker....
    2000-10-28 San Bernardino
    2003-06-02 Irvine
    2003-10-26 Mountain View-Bridge School
    2006-07-09 Los Angeles
    2006-07-10 Los Angeles
    2006-10-22 Mountain View- Bridge School
    2008-07-19 UCLA-Who Rock Honors
    2009-10-1 Los Angeles-2
    2009-10-9 San Diego
  • Options
    gohikegohike Posts: 31
    I would like to apologize for my video post. Your excuse for sitting down was noble, letting the person in the wheelchair view the show. That sucks for you guys. 2nd row and being forced to sit down. That sucks! Again, my apologies. The video was obviously removed. Peace..
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    gohike wrote:
    I would like to apologize for my video post. Your excuse for sitting down was noble, letting the person in the wheelchair view the show. That sucks for you guys. 2nd row and being forced to sit down. That sucks! Again, my apologies. The video was obviously removed. Peace..

You're a good guy and thank you. We'll all just get back on the topic of music in the Fanviews now by the people who were at the shows.

Everyone, please feel free to let us know in PM if any Fanview turns to talking about the crowd in a negative way again. We'll help to guide the topic back to the center and about the music and the band.

Have a great weekend all.
    Saturday Kat
    xo
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Kat wrote:
    gohike wrote:

You're a good guy and thank you. We'll all just get back on the topic of music in the Fanviews now by the people who were at the shows.

Everyone, please feel free to let us know in PM if any Fanview turns to talking about the crowd in a negative way again. We'll help to guide the topic back to the center and about the music and the band.

Have a great weekend all.
    Saturday Kat
    xo

i'm just bummed the video is removed because it was a perfect shot of me and my buddy rockin' the first row!! ;):D

please pass on my thanks to everyone at 10c for the tickets and instituting the lottery...you'll ever know how much that night meant to me :mrgreen:
  • Options
    t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    Took a buddy and his wife to Chicago 2. He is a prettydecent PJ fan but really only knows their main songs. He said the same thing. I they want to get a crowd going start ramping up the main songs..and I have to agree with him. Anyone on this board knows a ton of their stuff but honeslty there are not 15000 PJ fan club members at every show, a lot of people love their stuff and yet know every rare gem. IMyself I'd be happy either way.

I'd have to disagree with you on this, and say that you're wrong. I'm not a ten club member and I would much rather hear the deep cuts and "non radio" songs at a PJ show. You gotta remember that when a band plays 30 songs a night, they can't be all big radio hits because, A. the band doesn't have 25 or 30 "big radio hits" and B. They would probably want to kill themselves if they played all of them every night. Simple logic can answer your buddy's queston.
    And for all those "main songs" kind of people out there. If you dare venture out a little and give other songs a chance, you might just like what you hear even more than the "main songs". This is a big problem for the music industry. People are so lazy because of and controlled by the media, that they fall prey to believing that only the songs on the radio are the good ones. So they don't bother to buy the albums.[/quote]

Fact that you are posting on here shows you are not a casual fan :) I am just saying that anyone on here is a FAN while the majority of the people at a concert just want to see them again. Fact remains when the hits are played EVERYONE is louder for obvious reasons...even if you and I have heard them ad nauseam.They don't know all the B side stuff, which you and I enjoy. I respect your opinion and I hear where you are coming from! The record industry has the problem of putting the screws to people for YEARS and now it is free, if one cares to go that route..IMO
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Heathrow1 wrote:
    fucking amazing. lukin. can't wait for show on disc.
    Don't forget "I GOT SHIT"! Great time sitting with you. A night I'm sure I'll never forget ;):mrgreen:.
    Stay Strong & keep in touch 8-) .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    Traveled dwon from SF to see them!

10/1 was better than 9/30, but both shows shredded. The sound at Gibson was insane, nothing like it based on recent venues. 10/1 with Driven to Tears and Lukin acoustic w/ string quartet were both incredible. I truly hope they release both shows for all to purchase. Vedder was hammered!! :ugeek:
    Warfield Theater - May 15, 1992, Greek Theatre - Oct 31, 1993, Merriweather Post Pavilion - Sep 24, 1996 Merriweather Post Pavilion -Sep 18, 1998, RFK Stadium - Jun 14, 1998, Shoreline Amphitheatre - Oct 31, 2000, MGM Grand - Jun 06, 2003, Bill Graham Civic Auditorium -Jul 16, 2006, Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 18, 2006, Zellerbach Hall April 07, 2008 (EV) Gibson Amphitheater - Sep 30, 2009, Gibson Amphitheater - Oct 01, 2009 Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006, Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009 Copley Symphony Hall - July 05, 2011 (EV)
  • Options
    JD2381JD2381 Posts: 49
    I had the time of my life Thursday. Flew down from San Francisco for the show; Outside Lands was cool and all, but not the PJ 10C experience I'd been missing for several years.

This was an amazing show. Loved the band's energy. They really seemed to be dialed in in a way I've rarely seen. And I really enjoyed all of the songs from Backspacer. Great album, even greater live, especially now that the guys are breaking them in. As to playing familiar hits, it isn't what songs they play, it's how they play the songs. And they knocked them out of the park this time.

Row DDD center seats, the closest I've ever been. Personally I think the 10C is amazing and unparalleled. I don't think there's any bands out there that consistently fills the first several rows with die-hard fans. It's so cool, and I really love the 10C for it. Well worth flying down from SF, to say the least.

Anyway, thanks Kat, SEA, and everyone at the 10C. Not to mention Stone & Co.

Jim
    PJ:
    11/1/1992 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 10/1/1994 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 6/24/1995 San Francisco // 11/4/1995 San Jose // 10/19/1996 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 11/19/1997 Oakland (opening for Rolling Stones) // 6/30/1998 Minneapolis // 9/11/1998 New York // 10/30/1999 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 10/31/2000 Mountain View // 10/21/2001 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 6/1/2003 Mountain View // 6/6/2003 Las Vegas // 10/26/2003 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 5/12/2006 Albany, NY // 7/15/2006 San Francisco // 7/16/2006 San Francisco // 10/22/2006 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 7/12/2008 Los Angeles (VH1 Rock Honors The Who) // 8/28/2009 San Francisco (Outside Lands) // 10/1/2009 Los Angeles // 10/24/2010 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 11/26/2013 Oakland // 10/19/2014 St. Paul // 10/26/2014 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 5/12/2022 Oakland
    EV:
    10/24/2004 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 7/11/11 Oakland // 10/23/11 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 10/21/12 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 

• Options
    I'm glad to see that the guy who posted the video apologized, but I still want to get out the side of the story of the person who was sitting. He is new to the board so he couldnt post yet, but a longtime fan.

He said:

"Eddie had rolled up two disabled guests to the front of the stage. One was directly behind me which was clear to you. If this guy had been paying more attention to the show instead of the people around him and their behavior he would have seen these were Ed's guests. Ed had come over to them several times, gave them nods throughout and then we actually got the tambourines from Ed and gave them to them both. We were sitting for the reason you pointed out. There was a fucking dude in a wheelchair who was Ed's guest directly behind me! Even if these weren't Ed's guests I would have fucking well had been sitting."

Just so everyone knows....this guy should be applauded for his generosity. I don't know many people who would have sat down at a PJ show to allow someone to see. That truly was an amazing act of kindness. :)
  • Options
    On backread, I see that admin has taken care of telling his side of the story already....Thank you.

back to the music....
  • Options
    WO83886 wrote:
    Great show, 10 Club hooked it up, ORC 3 row JJ seat 109, Rocked the fuck out per usual.

Lukin with string was fun for the audience, how it translates to the bootlegs and those who were not there remains to be seen. The new stuff really sounds great. I didnt think I wanted a Jeremy but it was loud and full of energy. Alive was perfect as it really got the place rockin as first were flying through the air. Very solid show.
    I want to just address the crowd. Yesterday I mentioned that I thought the crowd didnt match the bands energy and I was surprised. I wasnt trying to upset anyone I was just making a observation about the show. Clearly Eddie acknowledged this tonight with his several comments saying things relating to how he was happy the crowd was more into it tonight. Last nights crowd didn't ruin the show or anything it was just noticeable that there were a lot of people just standing up, thats it. For a pearl jam show, that is rare. Anyway, after 3 or 4 songs in tonight Eddie said (paraphrasing) "it's okay to lose your fucking shit at a rock show". He was almost begging this crowd to lively up and let go, and make use of this incredible venue. The crowd surely responded but I can't help but say it still isn't reaching what he expects. I couldn't help but wanting more too. There were certainly lots of cell phone screens lit and people texting during songs that didnt come out during the 90s and a lot of standing still. I am not complaining, I had a tremendous time and everyone is entitled to do whatever with their experience. But after two shows now it seems that overall people dont wear their heart on their sleeves like in other places around the country. This is not a knock on people from here and certainly not to LA/CA ten clubbers. I know you guys rock, I saw you all last night and tonight. Its the general audience. I am not sure there is anything else to get these people all geared up, i mean eddie was trying to encourage them all night and showered them with praise. It was a great show and the energy was much improved, but it still felt like it was lacking a bit. I hope night 3 and night 4 people are inspired to let loose and rock the F out. If we do the band will certainly reward us. they are begging for this whole crowd to not just stand up but to rock their heads and pump their fists. maybe I expect too much

I was sitting right next to you. I was in JJ 106. Awesome show!
    Be Sound...
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    norm wrote:
    FRONT
    FUCKING
    ROW!!!

Holy shit Norm!!! Congrats man..but just know that now you've officially hit the ceiling, and nothing from here on out will ever come remotely close to matching that night ;)...yes, this thought makes my jealous ass feel slightly better....glad you rocked it out..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    norm wrote:
    FRONT
    FUCKING
    ROW!!!

Holy shit Norm!!! Congrats man..but just know that now you've officially hit the ceiling, and nothing from here on out will ever come remotely close to matching that night ;)...yes, this thought makes my jealous ass feel slightly better....glad you rocked it out..

yeah i know...next weeks shows will be a letdown ;) :P :lol: