Options

Anybody in Ontario receive Backspacer yet?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Still nothing. I'm starting to wonder if I will have to wait til next week...
  • Options
    Edge34Edge34 Ottawa Posts: 233
    Nothing yet, but atleast the new Alice in Chains album kicks ass . :D
  • Options
    VeddermbVeddermb Posts: 381
    Ordered it immediately on CD and LP when 10C made them available...both still have not arrived in Burlington...bought a store copy of the CD at Futureshp on Sept 20 and placed an order for a second LP of Backspacer with AMAZON.CA on Monday and it arrived today...so when the 10C versions do arrive, I will have two copies of each...feeling really great about paying twice as much to get it (eventually) through 10C :lol:
  • Options
    VeddermbVeddermb Posts: 381
    Edge34 wrote:
    Nothing yet, but atleast the new Alice in Chains album kicks ass . :D
    Agreed...great album :D
  • Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    wow, i'm glad my credit card got rejected when i tried to do the pre-order...
    i waited until the release date to pick it up from my local record store and they had many copies...if you're in Toronto looking for a copy, check out Rotate This..
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• Options
    Nothing still. I downloaded it and finally listened last weekend. (Too bad I was looking forward to listening to it the first time with the actual release).
    Barrie 1992 
    Toronto 2003
    Kitchener 2005
    London 2005
    Toronto 1 2006
    Cleveland 2006
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto 2011
    Hamilton 2011
    London, Ont 2013
    Buffalo 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 1 2016
    Toronto 2 2016
    Hamilton 2022
    Toronto 2022
  • Options
    I get the feeling that we'll be waiting until next week...atleast. :(
  • Options
    another week gone by, and still no backspacer cd from 10c...and to make matters worse, i've read other posts on this site from people in australia and the uk who have their 10c backspacer already...wtf 10c, you told me you shipped it 09/16 and it's still not here in toronto on 10/02...total bs, never again i swear...
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    Is everyone here complaining because they still have not heard the album or because the physical CD has not arrived?

If you've got it on your ipod then who cares? rip it to a CD if you want it in your car so bad. I don't have mine yet but even if I did, I would have immediately ripped it to my computer and put it on the shelf. The only thing I'm missing is the physical artwork and I can wait for that.

Now, if you're complaining because you don't have your CD and you have not heard the new songs yet...well, your either lying or it sucks to be you.
  • Options
    I have a question...and I REALLY hope someone can help me with an answer.

For those of you who have placed more than one order with 10C in a short period of time...when they send you a shipping notice, how do you know WHICH item they are shipping??

I have gotten 2 shipping confirmation e-mails, in the last 3 weeks and they both said your "item" has been shipped....WHICH item??????? How can I tell??
    I received my Toronto and Chicago boot last week, but I had gotten an e-mail from Kufala with a tracking number a week prior so I dunno if either of my 10C e-mails were for the boots.

I went and bought the cd here, which I'm sure 10C knew most of us would do if our orders were delayed or not received on time. I'm not saying they INTENTIONALLY delayed them or anything. I'm just saying they knew we had other means to listen to the album until we received our pre-order so there is sense of urgency to investigate whats going on...plus it DOES say 4-6 weeks for shipping so until we get to November without any cd's/vinyls, we don't have a leg to stand on in terms of complaining.

Has anyone in Toronto seen the Vinyl anywhere?? If so which store?? I checked Sonic Boom and they don't have it. I should take a trip to Rotate This (or call them) I can't afford to buy it in the store as I recently lost my job, but just curious if any of us Ontarians have another option for the vinyl if need be.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    Has anyone in Toronto seen the Vinyl anywhere?? If so which store?? I checked Sonic Boom and they don't have it. I should take a trip to Rotate This (or call them) I can't afford to buy it in the store as I recently lost my job, but just curious if any of us Ontarians have another option for the vinyl if need be.

Rotate This had a bunch of copies on release day ($19.99)...they probably still have some.
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,559
    I have a question...and I REALLY hope someone can help me with an answer.

For those of you who have placed more than one order with 10C in a short period of time...when they send you a shipping notice, how do you know WHICH item they are shipping??

I have gotten 2 shipping confirmation e-mails, in the last 3 weeks and they both said your "item" has been shipped....WHICH item??????? How can I tell??
    I received my Toronto and Chicago boot last week, but I had gotten an e-mail from Kufala with a tracking number a week prior so I dunno if either of my 10C e-mails were for the boots.

I went and bought the cd here, which I'm sure 10C knew most of us would do if our orders were delayed or not received on time. I'm not saying they INTENTIONALLY delayed them or anything. I'm just saying they knew we had other means to listen to the album until we received our pre-order so there is sense of urgency to investigate whats going on...plus it DOES say 4-6 weeks for shipping so until we get to November without any cd's/vinyls, we don't have a leg to stand on in terms of complaining.

if 4-6 weeks have yet to pass from the shipping date, what are you wanting to complain about? what "sense of urgency to investigate" are you referring to exactly?! 10C has NO control about the postal service once items leave their hands.

yes the record is in stock at Toronto record stores currently, but since you mentioned you're unemployed and can't afford to purchase the Backspacer LP i suppose it would be best not to mention the store it's available at since you said you don't have the cash for it, wouldn't want to tempt you,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    For myself, i haven't heard any of the new songs with the exception of The Fixer and the one time that i heard Got Some on Conan. Monday is the last day of my patience. It has to come this week but, if it doesn't come tomorrow, i will be less than happy. :(
  • Options
    mikepmikep Posts: 290
    just got the Toronto bootleg the other day, but still no backspacer:(
    96-11-Tor; 03-Mont; 05,13-London;05-Kitchnr, Hamltn; 06-Deroit;08-Mont(EV); 09-Albany(EV), Philly3&4; 10,13-Buff;10-NYC, Mt View; 11-(EV) Boston,Hart,Det,PJ20,Ott,Hamltn,Winnpg,Sask,Cal,Edmntn,Van; 12-Missoula; 13-Wrigley,Pitts,Port,Spok,Cal,Van,Sea.
  • Options
    my backspacer did not arrive yet, it's been 2 weeks since the release date.

thanks for nothing and I will never again pre - order.

Also i've worked for FedEx for 5 years so don't give us the bullshit that it's out of your hands once it goes into USPS and they F'd up. If that's the case I want to be reimbursed for shipping fees.
    Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    Still nothing for me. Only heard a couple of songs so far. Now that it's been out for a couple of weeks, and the hype is dying down, I'm starting to lose interest.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    Still nothing for me. Only heard a couple of songs so far. Now that it's been out for a couple of weeks, and the hype is dying down, I'm starting to lose interest.
    Listen to it on Pearl Jam's MySpace! It's legal, and no download necessary.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    Listen to it on Pearl Jam's MySpace! It's legal, and no download necessary.

All I see there is The Fixer
  • Options
    nevmilesnevmiles Ottawa, ON Posts: 1,363
    GOT IT IN OTTAWA TODAY!!!!!!!!

21 days after shipping (Sep 15) :(
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • Options
    BryanWebBryanWeb Posts: 262
    edited January 2011
    Took longer then expected but I got it.
    Post edited by BryanWeb on
  • Options
    nevmiles wrote:
    GOT IT IN OTTAWA TODAY!!!!!!!!

21 days after shipping (Sep 15) :(

Good news for me - I'll be checking as soon as I get home
  • Options
    picked mine up at a record show...
  • Options
    mikepmikep Posts: 290
    posted this in the other thread...

got it just north of toronto!! listening along with the booklet now! so great to have the typed lyrics!

mike
    ps. does anyone have some damage on a page or two of the booklet? as if the pages were stuck together and tore off some of the artwork...my damage is on the ''gonna see my friend'' lyrics page, and on the other side of it earlier...the brain in case. the damage is in the bottom outer corner on both sides...as it was misimprinted or something. advise if it is/isn't a common thing with others?
    96-11-Tor; 03-Mont; 05,13-London;05-Kitchnr, Hamltn; 06-Deroit;08-Mont(EV); 09-Albany(EV), Philly3&4; 10,13-Buff;10-NYC, Mt View; 11-(EV) Boston,Hart,Det,PJ20,Ott,Hamltn,Winnpg,Sask,Cal,Edmntn,Van; 12-Missoula; 13-Wrigley,Pitts,Port,Spok,Cal,Van,Sea.
  • Options
    hewyhewy Posts: 140
    mine arrived in parry sound today! 8-)