"No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    people are... .. .. just.. awful
  • Options
    37pheet37pheet Posts: 433
    i will only buy it if it goes to $600. that is my final offer!!!
  • Options
    sometimes i wonder if the people who post these threads linking to ebay aren't in fact promoting their own auction behind the guise of false contempt. OMG look at this auction can you believe people are paying $400 for my, errrrr, i mean THIS item?
  • Options
    You dont know how to haggle do you?
  • Options
    whats so big about the orange vinyl?
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,218
    Does this mean the recession is over?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    this guy probably ran over a little girl in the rush to get to the record store first.

legal bills.
  • Options
    37pheet37pheet Posts: 433
    could be? i am waiting i want the bid to get to 1,ooo then i am gonna, i want my wife to knock me out with a baseball bat for buying this item at such an awesome price. i can feel the bruise now............give it to me!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    csickels wrote:
    sometimes i wonder if the people who post these threads linking to ebay aren't in fact promoting their own auction behind the guise of false contempt. OMG look at this auction can you believe people are paying $400 for my, errrrr, i mean THIS item?

I am from Montana, not South Carolina.......that is fairly well known on this board.....FYI

So, in this case, your theory is incorrect..... ;)

Also, posting information after an auction is over or within minutes of the end doesn't help anyone with anything, IMO
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    csickels wrote:

I am from Montana, not South Carolina.......that is fairly well known on this board.....FYI

So, in this case, your theory is incorrect..... ;)

yeah, i know, i see you enough around here that i didn't specifically think you were.
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    facepalm.jpg
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    it's orange. wow. i guess if someone has that kind of FU money to blow they're speculating that in 25 years it will be worth the effort. i think its for the folks ignoring the rusted signs and choosing the shiny ones instead.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    This is dumb, but pretty darn funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5ZrTO7yRYI
  • Options
    Smellyman wrote:

ok, i almost pissed myself watching that. too fucking funny.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    I_Am_Mike wrote:
    Smellyman wrote:

i've watched it 10x and still laugh...
  • Options
    Hahaha, ahhhhhhh awesome.

Thanks for sharing.

-Pearlhawk.
    -Pearlhawk.

Kansas City 5/3/2010
    St. Louis 5/4/2010
    St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo)
    East Troy 9/3/2011
    East Troy 9/4/2011
    Wrigley Field 7/19/2013
  • Options
    oh i don't know about that. i'd say that two into the wild vinyls selling for over 500 bucks when there is one that has been sitting there with a buy it now for 400 or best offer is dumber than forking out mad cash for the very first orange vinyls. but that's just my own personal opinion.
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    The only thing that is dumb is the person who is going to pay that kind of money for it. At that price, it's not even an 'investment' as I don't think he/she will be able to sell it on for much more. The seller is actually quite smart.. get something for next to nothing, sell it at mega inflated prices.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Can't blame the seller, he started it at $10.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    I just shake my head in shame at this. People are struggling to feed their families and others have $400 to blow on a vinyl that we all have that happens to be a different color. I pray to all that is holy that these aren't as rare as everyone thinks and that in 6 months they are for sale in the goods section fo $10 just so I can laugh.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    Smellyman wrote:
    I_Am_Mike wrote:
    Smellyman wrote:

i've watched it 10x and still laugh...
    Sort of reminds me of Scarlet Takes a Tumble... for those of you who haven't seen that one, it's quite worth it... if you're the type to laugh at others' pain when they are injured in funny ways.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    With all the due respect, but if ten club-pearl jam would stop doing these mega-limited-extra-rare stuff, things like that would not happen.. I'm not blaming anyone, I'm just sayin' that is a well known thing that there are a LOT of pearl jam collectors all around the world, so create these limited promos-vinyl is not really a fair thing.. being a collector myself, I'm very disappointed.. I live in Italy, why can't I have the same possibilities to get this orange 7" as you americans?

yes, I understand that they don't owe us anything, if I'm not wrong they are giving away these 7" for free, so it's not like a thing created to make more money, but still it's actually a funny (and very profitable) thing only for few people..
    Just my little opinion
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    robcascie wrote:
    With all the due respect, but if ten club-pearl jam would stop doing these mega-limited-extra-rare stuff, things like that would not happen.. I'm not blaming anyone, I'm just sayin' that is a well known thing that there are a LOT of pearl jam collectors all around the world, so create these limited promos-vinyl is not really a fair thing.. being a collector myself, I'm very disappointed.. I live in Italy, why can't I have the same possibilities to get this orange 7" as you americans?

yes, I understand that they don't owe us anything, if I'm not wrong they are giving away these 7" for free, so it's not like a thing created to make more money, but still it's actually a funny (and very profitable) thing only for few people..
    Just my little opinion
    I agree. I don't understand the band's need for the word 'limited'. It seems to benefit people trying to make easy money by flipping, rather than the band and their fans.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,102
    Damm I wish I could score one...442$ Id love to have that cash!! if someone is willing to buy it for that much..who cares? let him buy it! both parties are happy:)
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    Sort of reminds me of Scarlet Takes a Tumble... for those of you who haven't seen that one, it's quite worth it... if you're the type to laugh at others' pain when they are injured in funny ways.[/quote]

i just checked it out :lol: i know its a personal flaw of mine that i get mad laughs watching these kinds of things. when i watch americas funniest home videos, i know i shouldn't laugh when those poor old folks dancing go tumbling but i just can't help myself. is there a support group?
  • Options
    whoopsy daisies, the bidding ended (lol)

What did this ultra rare only found in every target across the nation item end up selling for???
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    pouch15pouch15 Posts: 436
    I_Am_Mike wrote:
    Smellyman wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    good god 30 bids and it's up to almost $500!!! with money very tight, i'm very tempted to cash in my Pearl Jam magic. Dont think i would ... but i'm tempted.

how much do u think i can get for Benaroya vinyl?
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I have one and you know how hard this makes it for me to keep it. Unlike others $400 is a lot to me right now.
    #FHP
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,071
    I pray to all that is holy that these aren't as rare as everyone thinks and that in 6 months they are for sale in the goods section fo $10 just so I can laugh.
    Now THAT would be hilarious!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me