Options

Backspacer is great!......

EPOTTSIIIEPOTTSIII Posts: 190
edited September 2009 in The Porch
This CD was worth the fan anticipation!
I am just a little dissapointed that I find myself skipping Johnny Guitar and Force of Nature.....
This was almost a PERFECT CD, but I cant be too picky. I got a copy 2 weeks early and its been spinnin everyday since.
9/29/1996 NY
9/1&2/2000 Camden
7/6/2003 Camden
5/27/2006 Camden 6/1&3/2006 NJ
6/19/2008 Camden, 6/22/2008 Washington DC, 6/25/2008 NY
8/7/2008 Eddie Vedder NJ, 6/11/2008 Eddie Vedder Philly (3rd Row! Thanks 10c!!)
10/28,30&31/2009 Philly
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    hmmm, i think you should keep trying with Force of Nature dude. that's one of the best 2 or 3 songs on the record in my HUMBLE opinion.
  • Options
    it is better the Johnny.... Agreed on that
    9/29/1996 NY
    9/1&2/2000 Camden
    7/6/2003 Camden
    5/27/2006 Camden 6/1&3/2006 NJ
    6/19/2008 Camden, 6/22/2008 Washington DC, 6/25/2008 NY
    8/7/2008 Eddie Vedder NJ, 6/11/2008 Eddie Vedder Philly (3rd Row! Thanks 10c!!)
    10/28,30&31/2009 Philly
  • Options
    I'm interested in what you dislike about Johnny G..... seems to be an acquired taste.... and I love the taste.
  • Options
    Johnny G is probably the weakest song on the album. Its not very accessible. But Force of Nature is by far one of my favorite songs on the album. You have to give it 2 or 3 listens, just like The Fixer, before you really like it.

My favorite songs ranked:
    Got Some
    Force of Nature
    Unthought Known (very close behind Force of Nature)
    Amongst the Waves
    Just Breathe
    The Fixer

There is really not a bad song on the album though. Its hard to rank them when they are potential singles (well, most). I love how Pearl Jam has integrated the piano at just the right amount.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Options
    My favorite is Amongst the Waves but I've been walking around work whistling Johnny Guitar all day at work.
  • Options
    i shit and i stinki shit and i stink Posts: 1,122
    edited September 2009
    I think Johnny G is what you Americans call a curve ball.

It's growing on me though.
    Post edited by i shit and i stink on
    we're all going to the same place...
  • Options
    Why yes it is my friend...yes it is. It is so mind boggling that some of our peers dislike this album and call it things like blah and meh. I think it's fresh and fun...while at the same time dark and almost morbid. Lots of references to death on this one.

I am proud of this album as a PJ fan as well as a music fan in general. I trust this band with my heart and soul and they have never let me down. Call me a sheep but I think this is a top notch album...Pearl Jam or any other elite band.

Let the shows begin! LA and San Diego here I come!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    Force of nature has grown on me as the week has passed, the only minor grumble i have is i wish they had kept the demo version of speed of sound, dont get me wrong the album version aint bad but the demo was alot better, overall the album is amazing, thank god for pj
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    its SO GREAT!!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Give both of them time - Johnny Guitar was a grower for me, but it's now one of my favourites on this amazing album. force of nature is pretty straight-up, but get into the lyrics and it does take on a new significance. the only 2 songs i find i'm having to work on a bit more than the others are speed of sound and the end, but again - once i delved into their lyrics i got a new-found appreciation and can almost well up listening to both now.
    Sydney 3 1998; Brisbane 1 2003; Sydney 1/2/3 2003; Brisbane 1/2 2006; Sydney 1/2/3 2006; Melbourne 1/2 2006; Adelaide 2009; EV Solo Sydney 1 2011.
  • Options
    i had a restless kind of night sleeping, awake every little bit. Force of Nature was playing in my head every time i woke up, as it is now.

just the beginning part where ed sings "understand she's a force of nature...." and the part that begins "one man stands alone the edge of the ocean." i've had the album for a week now, and this song has grown on me more than any other. it's going to be a great live tune IMO.