Options

What are the "not so great" lyrical clunkers in catalogue?

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
edited September 2009 in The Porch
I think we can all agree Ed is one of the top lyricists in the game today, and of our generation, but even Dylan who I think it without a doubt the greatest of all time, has some clunkers. Not all of Dylan's rhymes come off as mindblowling and life changing, although their sure are a hell of a lot that fit that criteria!

Anyways,

what are some of the clunkers in the pearl Jam catalogue? The not so great lyrics? The ones that could have been written better?

The one that seems to be getting lot of attention is the "put a little 'cited on it".

What else?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Mankind...........oh wait that was all Stone. Tragically Hip's Gord Downie is one of the top contemporary writers in the business. Apparently lyrics mean something to someone aw huh!!
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    "Johnny he be having lots of women"
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    "Johnny he be having lots of women"

i agree with this. this line belongs in a rap song.
  • Options
    anything from bugs. sorry 81.
  • Options
    Purex37Purex37 Chicago Posts: 167
    All of Sweet Lew.

But I actually like the 'johnny he be having lots of women' line. It seemed odd at first but so did 'benjamins' and 'horny' in Soon Forget. I think it works for the song.

And from 'tickle my nausea' through the end of Bugs is really well written in my opinion.
    Why go, Animal?
    Foxy Mop in my tree, no way. 
    Gods' Dice Get Right
    Come back amongst the waves yellow moon.
    https://www.instagram.com/knowcode/

• Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    The Fixer. I think it is below Ed and Johny Guitar's lyrics are 10x better than it.