Options

Respect to world except USA? Whats the deal PJ?

GW272644GW272644 Posts: 2
edited September 2009 in The Porch
On the back cover at the bottom the line reads "With respect to the world excluding the Unites States of America"

I'm thoroughly confused by the intent of this remark. Is this something condoned by PJ or is this from Monkeywrench?

I know some within hold animosity to our great country, but I'd like to know what the deal is? Is this PJ seriously telling us that we shouldn't respect the US?

Wondering what your opinions are and more so wondering what the opinions of PJ are.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    GW272644 wrote:
    On the back cover at the bottom the line reads "With respect to the world excluding the Unites States of America"

I'm thoroughly confused by the intent of this remark. Is this something condoned by PJ or is this from Monkeywrench?

I know some within hold animosity to our great country, but I'd like to know what the deal is? Is this PJ seriously telling us that we shouldn't respect the US?

Wondering what your opinions are and more so wondering what the opinions of PJ are.

There's a whole other thread for this insanity. It's a copyright thing. Universal is distributing it outside the U.S. -- ie, the rest of the world besides the U.S.

It's legalese. It's not meant to be disrespectful to you, GI Joe.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,736
    It's not meant to be disrespectful to you, GI Joe.
    Now you know. And knowing is half the battle...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    Thanks, I skimmed thru and didn't see it the first time.

I feel much better now, thanks again.
  • Options
    BD0167-002.jpg
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    gijoe.jpg
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    morans.jpg
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    KinseyKinsey Posts: 197
    What's the deal Dunkman? Is that a slur on the Irish? Do PJ condone this slur? I demand explanations.
    When we found the things we loved,
    They were crushed and dying in the dirt.
    We tried to pick up the pieces,
    And get away without getting hurt,
    But they caught us at the state line,
    And burned our cars in one last fight,
    And left us running burned and blind,
    Chasing something in the night.
  • Options
    Kinsey wrote:
    What's the deal Dunkman? Is that a slur on the Irish? Do PJ condone this slur? I demand explanations.

eh? that guy is American... :?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    dunkman wrote:
    Kinsey wrote:

Moran is an Irish surname ;)

I presume that's what Kinsey is referring to :oops:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    KinseyKinsey Posts: 197
    Just a play on the spelling of Morons: Moran is an Irish name. Looks like the dude is insulting Morans the world over.

Just trying to poke fun at the thread topic, no harm meant.
    When we found the things we loved,
    They were crushed and dying in the dirt.
    We tried to pick up the pieces,
    And get away without getting hurt,
    But they caught us at the state line,
    And burned our cars in one last fight,
    And left us running burned and blind,
    Chasing something in the night.
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    dunkman wrote:
    Kinsey wrote:

"Moran" (as in the name, with all respect). That's probably the bit you're not getting.

I love how this mistake has become so technical. It just works on so many levels.

You anti-Irish mad yoke ye.
  • Options
    Kinsey wrote:
    Just a play on the spelling of Morons: Moran is an Irish name. Looks like the dude is insulting Morans the world over.

Just trying to poke fun at the thread topic, no harm meant.

phew

old%20chinese%20thumbs%20up_0001.jpg