Options

10C dropped the ball on this one

2»

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    If they can ship vinyl/cd to Targets and independent record stores, then they can ship to fans. That is all I am saying. And yes my order was for vinyl.

+1000

GREAT point
    +1000000
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    norm wrote:
    "we'll do our best to get it to you before release date. "

release date - 9/20

i received it - 9/22

sorry 10c you screwed the pooch on this one...you actually believed the usps would actually get it according to times they say they will...normally i couldn't care less when you guys send this and when i get them but the with new album you should have made a more concerted effort to get it to us by 9/19 since as i'm sure you're aware of usps doesn't deliver on sundays

and for a band who champions the use of vinyl, shipping the vinyl 2 days after the release date is really strange
    ill get my vinyl in Greece.by the time we will eat turkey and wish Merry Christmas in my house..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    One or two days... for me.. not a big deal. Unless I died before Sunday... which really wouldn't matter much because I would be dead.
    I ended up getting a copy at Target for 13 bucks and change. My Ten/VHC copy came in the mail yesterday... so, all is well is what I say.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    If they can ship vinyl/cd to Targets and independent record stores, then they can ship to fans. That is all I am saying. And yes my order was for vinyl.

+1000

GREAT point
    +1000000

No this is not a great point. 10Club has like what? 6-7 people working for them? Anyone who thinks that 10Club arranged the shipping of the album to stores is INSANE. Do you really think every single box of cd's and box of vinyl went to Seattle first? To then be sent out to over 1500 Target stores? Plus whatever was sent to the indie's?

EDIT:

And yes I too understand the frustration in waiting for the vinyl. That is all I pre-ordered. My plan was to buy the CD at Target anyway, I was just hoping that I'd get the vinyl early and get a chance to hear the album before the 20th. But to claim that because stores got the items before you did is 10Club fault is silly. It IS Pearl Jam's fault, but the fan club had nothing to do with the stores getting merchandise.
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    "we'll do our best to get it to you before release date. "

release date - 9/20

i received it - 9/22

sorry 10c you screwed the pooch on this one...you actually believed the usps would actually get it according to times they say they will...normally i couldn't care less when you guys send this and when i get them but the with new album you should have made a more concerted effort to get it to us by 9/19 since as i'm sure you're aware of usps doesn't deliver on sundays

and for a band who champions the use of vinyl, shipping the vinyl 2 days after the release date is really strange

wow. two days late. that's unacceptable for such a tiny organization feeding the thousands of fans across the globe. how dare they. :roll:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    What is the point of buying an album several weeks in advance of its release only to not receive it days after it goes on sale to the general public? If you pay your membership dues, and order merchandise though the fan club not only to support the band, but also 10 Club then they should ensure that at the least you get your merchandise the day the general public gets it.

Sorry had to rant

I'd just like to point out that once the 10C mails out a package it is out of their hands and up to the USPS to deliver. They could always switch to UPS, which offers full tracking and better guarantees of delivery, but that would come at a heightened cost that would be passed along to us.
    I would just like to point out that as of today, Sept. 23 Ten Club has not even put my pre-ordered Backspacer vinyl into UPS's hands. This is purely Ten Club's error. Don't blame UPS. They can't deliver packages that Ten Club hasn't given them.
    The kids of today should defend themselves against the Seventies Nineties.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    this again?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    arduplardupl Scranton, PA Posts: 11
    i got mine on thursday the 17th. not sure why everyone is complaning. :twisted:
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"
  • Options
    I ordered two vinyls in the middle of last month and have yet to get my order shipped email... I've been streaming the album from my local radio stations website. My original hope of hearing the new album by actual soundwaves via vinyl is no longer alive :( I just hope I get them soon!
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    they shipped it with more than enough time for you to get it prior to the release date
    blame your lazy civil servants not the 10c
  • Options
    I'll add my name to the list of disappointed...Wed. the 23rd and still no album in the mail. C'est la vie, I've grown accustomed to waiting for stuff when it is 10C related and this is no different. I wish there had been one of the LE Vinyl nearby that I could've had a chance to grab, at least those got to their destinations on time :oops:
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432

Do you really think that the 10C was responsible for shipping orders to Target and Indie Shops?

Learn how the process works before you complain.

Odds are the cd presser shipped directly to Target's warehouses, and the distributor shipped to the indie stores.
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Get_Right wrote:
    they shipped it with more than enough time for you to get it prior to the release date

How do you figure, when I just got an email today saying that the shipment's billing info was recieved TODAY by UPS and my shipment won't be scheduled to arrived till Sept 30th??? Sorry but no company can ship something they don't even have yet.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    Got CD on the 22nd. No Vinyl yet. Live in San Diego.
    I can get you a toe by three o'clock...
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

How do you figure, when I just got an email today saying that the shipment's billing info was recieved TODAY by UPS and my shipment won't be scheduled to arrived till Sept 30th??? Sorry but no company can ship something they don't even have yet.
    where do you live?
    I never received any tracking info for my shipment
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    chromiam wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

where do you live?
    I never received any tracking info for my shipment

PA and I ordered the vinyl, nothing else.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

• Options
    I think the band should hand-deliver them to make sure we have them before the release date. Show of hands - who's with me?
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • Options
    I was frustrated with the 10c too because I just recieved my copy today 9/23 ... but i have to admit, my order was shipped before and it was the USPS that was slow, not 10c.

I just went out and bought a copy from Target on release day I fIgured I would give it to my wife and she could have her own copy... fair enough?

But what I cant figure out is that with the store bought copy, that was cheaper, the disc came with 2 free downloads of the bootlegs, the 10c copy directs me to the website where I can buy the bootlegs. What's the deal? the packaging is a little different but do we get the downlaods?
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

Word.
  • Options
    What is the point of buying an album several weeks in advance of its release only to not receive it days after it goes on sale to the general public? If you pay your membership dues, and order merchandise though the fan club not only to support the band, but also 10 Club then they should ensure that at the least you get your merchandise the day the general public gets it.

Sorry had to rant

I'd just like to point out that once the 10C mails out a package it is out of their hands and up to the USPS to deliver. They could always switch to UPS, which offers full tracking and better guarantees of delivery, but that would come at a heightened cost that would be passed along to us.
    You seem to omit the other variable here which is the date when the sender (Ten Club) mailed the package. I think that the packages could have been mailed out earlier to avoid delays. The packages were sent via First Class Mail, not Media Mail so you can easily and fairly accurately determine expected arrival dates in the event Ten Club wanted to stagger the mailings to avoid having them arrive too early.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:

fair enough
    but I cant say I am surprised that the vinyl is shipping a few days after the official release date
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    chromiam wrote:

fair enough
    but I cant say I am surprised that the vinyl is shipping a few days after the official release date

I am when it was billed, same as the CD, as trying their best to get it by release date. If they stated it might be shipped after release date or if 10C came out and said, hey because of order volume the vinyl is going to ship late it would be dealable. But the goods section stated up until the 18th that orders would try to be delivered by release date, when they knew that wasn't the case.

Admin

• Options
    Generally got few issues with Ten Club. My new release (cd) arrived on Saturday, day of national release, just as I predicted it would.

My only gripe with the club, which might actuallly need to be directed at the band, however, is summed up with two words, every single year: Christmas Single.

A couple of years ago, mine arrived in late June or early July. I seriously think it's an inside joke.
    2004: Toledo; Grand Rapids
    2006: Grand Rapids; Auburn Hills
    2009: Chicago
    2010: Columbus
    2011: East Troy (PJ20), both
    2013: Wrigley Field
    2014: Detroit
  • Options
    I had that happen with the Ten reissue--got it like 5 days after release--didn't even ship until 2 or 3 days after release. That, on top of it costing more and the shipping being high led to decide to never order a CD through Ten Club again unless it came with extra songs or something worthwhile you can't get in stores beyond a nicer case which I don't really care about.
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, DC
    2008: DC, Ed DC II
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    I am when it was billed, same as the CD, as trying their best to get it by release date. If they stated it might be shipped after release date or if 10C came out and said, hey because of order volume the vinyl is going to ship late it would be dealable. But the goods section stated up until the 18th that orders would try to be delivered by release date, when they knew that wasn't the case.
    well, in my experience, the 10c is not know for its expeditiousness ;)

when the 10c says "try" that usually means later than you would expect

but I hear your frustration-seems like most of the stores didnt have the cd or the vinyl by the release date
    and I do hope they come up with some "extras" for those that paid more and ordered through the 10c
  • Options
    I had that happen with the Ten reissue--got it like 5 days after release--didn't even ship until 2 or 3 days after release. That, on top of it costing more and the shipping being high led to decide to never order a CD through Ten Club again unless it came with extra songs or something worthwhile you can't get in stores beyond a nicer case which I don't really care about.
    well I will continue to order through the 10c
    Id end up buying it online anyway, so I prefer to support the 10C, and Im not really worried about an extra $5
    but I sure would like a free "exclusive" download or two
  • Options
    Generally got few issues with Ten Club. My new release (cd) arrived on Saturday, day of national release, just as I predicted it would.

My only gripe with the club, which might actually need to be directed at the band, however, is summed up with two words, every single year: Christmas Single.

A couple of years ago, mine arrived in late June or early July. I seriously think it's an inside joke.
    They should just stop calling it the Christmas single. Maybe call it the Whenever We Feel Like It single. The big difference though is, I get the single as part of my Ten Club membership. I don't order it, nor do I pay $27.48 for it to be delivered by or near the release date.

My expectations for the single's arrival are low. My expectations when I pay $27.48 based on the promise that Ten Club will "do their best" to get it to me by the release date are a lot higher. Certainly that it shouldn't finally be placed on the slow boat from Seattle four days after the release date.
  • Options
    I get the single with membership, too.

So what is this about 2 free downloads if you bought Backspacer at Target?

Nothing extra buying it through Ten Club. It should be the opposite, yeah?
    2004: Toledo; Grand Rapids
    2006: Grand Rapids; Auburn Hills
    2009: Chicago
    2010: Columbus
    2011: East Troy (PJ20), both
    2013: Wrigley Field
    2014: Detroit
  • Options
    guess i'd be pissed off with 10c also but i kinda already assumed that the delay would happen. this has been an on going problem with 10c since as far as i can remember. i went out and bought the cd at target....still waiting for the record . :mrgreen: