Options

Backspacer is a really good album to..

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited September 2009 in The Porch
..listen to drunk and sing your head off to.

Just sayin'. I highly recommend giving it a try, when you think you have most of the lyrics down.

8-)

It really is an uplifting album. I'm glad they shifted from the war songs, at least for a bit. Hopefully we get another one like this.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    edited September 2009
    Oh yeah, and.. Unthought Known is rivaling In My Tree as my all time favorite Pearl Jam song.

And I heard Force of Nature on the radio a few days ago..
    Post edited by LikeAnOcean on
  • Options
    Oh yeah, and.. Unthought Known is rivaling In My Tree as my all time favorite Pearl Jam song.

listening to it high is even better!

by the way, unthought known is INCREDIBLE. i think my favorite song of all time is now amongst the waves though. then in my tree, in hiding, and unthought known are fighting for second place. it's crazy that backspacer already has TWO of my favorite songs ever! and it sounds like we have similar taste!
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options

by the way, unthought known is INCREDIBLE. i think my favorite song of all time is now amongst the waves though. then in my tree, in hiding, and unthought known are fighting for second place. it's crazy that backspacer already has TWO of my favorite songs ever! and it sounds like we have similar taste!
    Amongst the Waves is up there too for me. At least a top 25, maybe even top 10.. before all is said and done, I think a handful of Backspacer songs will make up my top 25.
  • Options

Funny, I also compared Unthought Known with In My Tree. IMT is not in my top 10 (this week ;) ) but somehow Unthought Known reminded me of it in a way..not sure why.
  • Options

Amongst the Waves is up there too for me. At least a top 25, maybe even top 10.. before all is said and done, I think a handful of Backspacer songs will make up my top 25.

totally agree. backspacer is truly amazing. after the almighty amongst the waves and unthought known, i'm REALLY digging johnny guitar and force of nature.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    ...to drive to. so fun. i scream "WITH GEMS AND RHINESTONES!!" out to people as i wait at red lights. :lol:
    "If you love someone, set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck up." -ev

6/29/03 - Montreal, QC 10/1/04 - Reading, PA
    10/3/05 - Philadelphia, PA 5/12/06 - Albany, NY
    6/27/08 - Hartford, CT (FRONT ROW CENTER!)
    8/2/08 - (ev) Boston, MA 6/9/09 - (ev) Albany, NY
    8/21/09 - Toronto, ON 5/10/10 - Buffalo, NY
  • Options

Listening to it stone-sober makes me feel high, anyway :D
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • Options
    Jerome230 wrote:

lol, I think you misquoted me.. I said drunk just to clarify.. the effects of weed and me don't mix very well. I wig out! lol.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,303
    Jerome230 wrote:

+1
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,303
    ... listen to with the volume full.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225

They are simply brilliant! I cant help bunging the cd into my car every time I get into it and listening to these 2 songs - ATW and UT, with Force of Nature to follow. Cant wait to hear these beauties live. I hope they're on the list of songs to play in concert.
  • Options
    eddies in my treeeddies in my tree Posts: 486
    edited September 2009

as "in my tree" is my all time favorite song ever, they are in two different leagues. imt is an uplifting loud loud song with great lyrics. uk is a builder, takes its time to get going, and when it does watch the F@#K out!!! its whole structure will blow your mind. wow after writing this and listening to both back to back, i think you may very well be right. thanks for that.
    Post edited by eddies in my tree on
    a wise man investigates what a fool passes by

4/26/03 - pittsburgh
    4/28/03 - philly
    7/05/03 - camden
    7/12/03 - hershey
    5/28/06 - camden
    5/20/10 - msg
    5/21/10 - msg
    6/25/11 - upper darby - EV
  • Options
    kenobi77 wrote:
    ...to drive to. so fun. i scream "WITH GEMS AND RHINESTONES!!" out to people as i wait at red lights. :lol:

that was you? i heard that and got a good feeling they were talkin about UK
    a wise man investigates what a fool passes by

4/26/03 - pittsburgh
    4/28/03 - philly
    7/05/03 - camden
    7/12/03 - hershey
    5/28/06 - camden
    5/20/10 - msg
    5/21/10 - msg
    6/25/11 - upper darby - EV