Options

Got Some - perfect Pearl Jam song

LauriLauri Posts: 748
edited September 2009 in The Porch
Might be the best song on the album (along with the Fixer). Got Some is perfect Pearl Jam. First of all, I feel like Eddie is trying to get a message across to me, he's emphatic. Which, I believe is one of the best aspects of Pearl Jam in general (and something that, dare I say, might be lacking a bit on this album. Maybe it's the Obama Administration?). Secondly, the combination of the funky Stone distorted riff and the clean Mike doodles toward the end is again, perfect Pearl Jam. Remember back in the day when they always referred to the dueling guitars in every article about pearl Jam? Got Some might be the perfect example.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I only heard it the once from Letterman a ways back, didn't like it (as it was played then). We'll see how the studio version is.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I agree- I've kept it on my dvr- the conan show and watch it alot. Sound is just awful but the performance gets to me each time- Ed really believes what he's singing i love it and find myself waving my arm each time along with him. the whole band looks so great and they just fit- they are mesmerizing to me
    can't wait til Sunday
    Backspacer and cocktails on the deck ummmmm
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,318
    Probably my favorite rocker since "Brain of J," and it may be even better.

The parts leading up to the choruses are sick, as is the ending.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Rygar wrote:
    I only heard it the once from Letterman a ways back, didn't like it (as it was played then). We'll see how the studio version is.

Conando.bmp
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    Best song on the album. Sounds and feels like a classic PJ song.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I have not heard the entire album so i can't say, but of the songs i've heard:
    fixer
    got some
    the end
    supersonic

It is easily the best. For me it is a classic pearl jam song.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    over bends wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

Conando.bmp
    Indeed.

Anyway, thanks to the myspace tipster, studio version sounds a fair bit better than I remember the live version being.
  • Options
    LauriLauri Posts: 748
    Rygar wrote:

Anyway, thanks to the myspace tipster, studio version sounds a fair bit better than I remember the live version being.

I don't think it's the "live" version-it sounded good at the Chicago show- I think when any band plays any song on those late night TV shows it never sounds very good.
  • Options
    Lauri wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

I don't think it's the "live" version-it sounded good at the Chicago show- I think when any band plays any song on those late night TV shows it never sounds very good.
    A combination of factors led to me wrinkling my nose at it, I would assume. I'm checking out the myspace listens now though.