Options

It's Not the SIZE of the Wand...

jamainiacjamainiac Posts: 429
edited September 2009 in The Porch
It's the MAGIC that's IN IT ;)

There's so much 'substance' to this brief 36 minutes... that 'time' doesn't seem to matter... it tricks my clock obsessed self into thinking it's more...

Like having a protein bar with as much nutritional value as a turkey dinner... in a little package like a KitKat ... which is gone before you know it... just empty calories that give you a little sugar rush... then you find yourself hungry again...

Great things can come in small packages :D
Exercising her will to lose control...
she lets go
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    All the really did with this album was cut out the typical experimental track, a few songs they normally wouldn't play much live and any hidden tracks. It's really a get to the point album.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    All the really did with this album was cut out the typical experimental track, a few songs they normally wouldn't play much live and any hidden tracks. It's really a get to the point album.
    They didnt really have any experimental tracks on the last few albums, so I dont know how fair it is to use that as a reason.

It's a short album - there's no way around it. From that point you can say its so good it doesn't matter, but its still really, really short.
  • Options
    Exactly...

All Substance...

No Filler...
    she lets go
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:
    They didnt really have any experimental tracks on the last few albums, so I dont know how fair it is to use that as a reason.

It's a short album - there's no way around it. From that point you can say its so good it doesn't matter, but its still really, really short.
    I thought You Are was pretty experimental for them. Same with Wasted Reprise.
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:

That's what I meant with my 'wand' pun...

We are obsessed that everything has to be BIG HUGE LONG to be worthwhile...

It's just not true!

Some of the most profound beautiful thoughts/words/creatures/creations are minute in size... but beyond grand in substance... For me... that's a good analogy of how I feel about Backspacer...
    she lets go
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    jamainiac wrote:

It's just not true!

Some of the most profound beautiful thoughts/words/creatures/creations are minute in size... but beyond grand in substance... For me... that's a good analogy of how I feel about Backspacer...

yep...what's amazing about this album is it's 36 minutes but there is so much put in there that each listen something new comes out...it's like a rose bush and the bulbs blowing at different times to expose it's beauty :D
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    jamainiac wrote:

It's just not true!

yep...what's amazing about this album is it's 36 minutes but there is so much put in there that each listen something new comes out...it's like a rose bush and the bulbs blowing at different times to expose it's beauty :D

I just read your post... and the album is in the middle of Just Breathe... I'm fully engaged in the goosebump situation :D

POST EDIT... No Mamory pun intended there Norm... The irony there is overwhelming ;)
    she lets go
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    jamainiac wrote:
    I just read your post... and the album is in the middle of Just Breathe... I'm fully engaged in the goosebump situation :D

don't get me started on just breathe...it leaves me speechless :oops:
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    jamainiac wrote:

don't get me started on just breathe...it leaves me speechless :oops:

No need to get started...

I'm beyond that right now...

I'm High Amongst The Waves :D

My only 'real' chance to 'hang out' with Mike on this album!
    she lets go
  • Options
    So jamainiac, you're in Seattle or near by right? Did you get your 10Club preorder today? I'm in Edmonds, and received my mail today and didn't get my CD. Maybe I'm just far enough away. Seems weird though, I've gotten things from Federal Way in one day before.