Options

$ 5.50 for Shipping for BS??

itssaditssad Posts: 27
edited September 2009 in The Porch
Damn. That seems ridiculous. We are suddenly back to $ 20.00 CDs now?? Wow.

And no I don't normally gripe about costs about stuff but I just think..it's a CD...$ 5.50 to ship?? Really? Did I mention it's just a CD? Is the case lined with gold or something?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    one word

presale
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Shipping was free in USA on all the preorders...

Why complain, just go buy it at Target, then just pay local taxes.
    Lolla St. Louis 92, StL 98, Kansas City 98, Knoxville 98, StL 00, Kansas City 00, Oklahoma City 03, StL 03, Cleveland 03, Pittsburgh 03, Kansas City 03, Philly x 2 03, MSG x 2 03, StL 04, GR 06, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, SF x 3 06, Portland, Gorge x 2 06, MSG x 2 08, Hartford 08, Mansfield x 2 08
  • Options
    they had free shipping up until the 1st of september, but I hear ya that is quite a bit
    Be Green and Free
  • Options
    $5.50 is actually reasonable. It cost $4.80 to mail a 1lb item from Seattle to Tampa ($5.50 if they used UPS.) They are making $.70 after the shipping is taken out. This does not take into consideration shipping supplies and services. There is I-tunes or target. Be Happy its New CD Day
  • Options
    Yeah I missed the presale due to some personal issues.

Is the version at Target different from the one they are selling through 10C? For the Avocado CD I bought off 10C and I love the packaging and stuff. I doubt the Target version is the same or am I wrong?

Again, I'm not trying to be one of those people who whine and everything about prices but I just can't imagine it costing more than 3 bucks to send out a CD.

So...true or false? The only way to get the special edition (for lack of a better phrase) packaging for Backspacer is through 10C? And Target/Indie Stores are just selling a regular old plastic CD?

Thanks and I'm really looking forward to the new record and the Spectrum shows.
  • Options
    I believe the version that you can buy at indie stores is the same as the 10c version, with the hardbound book or whatever.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    CG57336 wrote:

Is the version at Target different from the one they are selling through 10C? For the Avocado CD I bought off 10C and I love the packaging and stuff. I doubt the Target version is the same or am I wrong?

Again, I'm not trying to be one of those people who whine and everything about prices but I just can't imagine it costing more than 3 bucks to send out a CD.

So...true or false? The only way to get the special edition (for lack of a better phrase) packaging for Backspacer is through 10C? And Target/Indie Stores are just selling a regular old plastic CD?

Inde stores are gettin the cool packaging..
  • Options
    CG57336 wrote:

Ten Club and indie stores have the same packaging. I'm assuming that Target will have a standard digipak, probably with their logo somewhere on the back of the packaging? (I strongly doubt it'll just be in a standard jewel case. PJ doesn't roll that way.)

Like you I missed the "free shipping" period of the presale. Am happy to pay 20 bucks of a PJ CD, although I ordered from Ten Club before I realized that indie shops would have the same disc. Oh well, I guess this just means more of my money goes to the band, which I am fine with.

On a side note, we need to find a way of abbreviating Backspacer that's better than "BS". :)
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    On a side note, we need to find a way of abbreviating Backspacer that's better than "BS". :)

On the contrary... I find the irony of referring to an album that everyone is calling one of their best "BS" to be very refreshing.

juniormintseinfeld.jpg
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard