Options

Red Mosquito-band fallen out of favor

2»

Comments

• Options
    I heard a more recent version and thought they really fucked the ending and turned it a little too sappy, new age'y
  • Options
    Glad to see they changed their minds. :)

Zack's back on the road... watch here! http://spinearth.tv/feature/Pearl-Jam
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    RM is so amazing :o Musically, that outro?! :o Geez... i used to listen to this like every morning in high school .. Red mosquito in columbia was seriously the shining star of the show (no code wouldn't be the same without it ) not to mention that was just a damn good show overall *melts* If only all songs could be as cool as Red mosquito :D
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    RM is so amazing :o Musically, that outro?! :o Geez... i used to listen to this like every morning in high school .. Red mosquito in columbia was seriously the shining star of the show (no code wouldn't be the same without it ) not to mention that was just a damn good show overall *melts* If only all songs could be as cool as Red mosquito :D

Agreed. If this is true, I'm so glad that I was in Columbia to hear it.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    FWIW They played it last night in Portland w/ Ben Harper...
  • Options
    pdxtrub wrote:

I assumed this was why this old thread got resurrected this morning, but I don't know. Interested to see what part Ben sang. Or did Ben play guitar?
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Danimal wrote:
    I heard Eddie won't play the song anymore since Ament started calling him Ed Mosquito after seeing him come out of the cold water after surfing.

:lol::lol:
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    pdxtrub wrote:

I assumed this was why this old thread got resurrected this morning, but I don't know. Interested to see what part Ben sang. Or did Ben play guitar?

Yeah that's why I dug it back up. :)
    I don't think Ben sang, he played slide guitar.
    Looks/sounds effing amazing.
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U525FpY3AS0

He played lap steel. Not my link....
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    nevmiles wrote:
    crashedcar wrote:
    Well for my money, if we get no red mosquito, I would love for No Way, ;)

Just checked the band's song list with the "Number of Times Played" stats . . .

The 4 songs off of albums (including Lost Dogs) that have been played THE LEAST?

Fatal No Way Push Me Pull Me Undone

All with 3 plays each. Of these . . . No Way has been on the shelf the longest. Last played on The Yield Tour, at the Virginia Beach Amphitheatre on September 7, 1998. it's been almost 11 years since they played it live!!!!

So all that to say, don't hold your breath for it to be played anytime soon . .. why would they suddenly break it our now? Not that I don't hope they do, but the stats aren't in our favour.

Check out the last couple of setlists before Salt Lake City. They've just recently resurrected it so they have broken it out - only a few days ago now!!!
  • Options
    I loooove Red Mosquito! :D I think maybe I know why they don't play it much. I've seen them fuck up that song more than once. They're human beings, they mistakes, but I think they may have a "thing" with that song. Just a possibility.

As for No Way, they actually played it in Seattle, it was awesome to hear again after so many years ;) Someone also mentioned Breath,I wish they played it more, it's one of my favorites
    Oh, if I knew where it was, I would take you there, but there's much more than this.
    Ooooh. Whoooa, much more than this. Woooh see the world. Much more than... Oooh, much more than.. Why?
  • Options
    I loooove Red Mosquito! :D I think maybe I know why they don't play it much. I've seen them fuck up that song more than once. They're human beings, they mistakes, but I think they may have a "thing" with that song. Just a possibility.

As for No Way, they actually played it in Seattle, it was awesome to hear again after so many years ;) Someone also mentioned Breath,I wish they played it more, it's one of my favorites

Breath has been played within the last two or three shows, too!
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do