Options

How many times has your 10C lapsed?

PaigePaige Posts: 365
edited August 2009 in The Porch
Hi all-
I used to be a board denizen back in the day, but I sorta let it get away from me. Quite a few times actually. I think my 10C has lapsed about four or five times now. Just too much going on in the world, I guess. Have had some great times, but the PJ always brings ya back, right?

Hope I'm not the only one! Who else is 400 and proud (albeit slightly ashamed)?

I feel like I'd be up on stage now if I hadn't lapsed so many times. :lol:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    Mine lapsed once in 2001 (I didn't get the Christmas single that year) but I renewed before I lost my number.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Mine lapsed once in 2001 (I didn't get the Christmas single that year) but I renewed before I lost my number.
    Save and a beaut!
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Originally joined in '93. Got x-mas singles 2-4 then let it lapse until 2005. So I'm a 400 just like you.
    #FHP
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Only let mine lapse once, but yeah I'm a 400 now :oops: :(

I guess the only real perk is the tickets, and I was lucky enough to see the band at their tiny SBE show a couple of weeks ago, which made up for the fact that my tickets for the O2 show were right up in the rafters :lol:
  • Options
    Only let mine lapse once, but yeah I'm a 400 now :oops: :(

I guess the only real perk is the tickets, and I was lucky enough to see the band at their tiny SBE show a couple of weeks ago, which made up for the fact that my tickets for the O2 show were right up in the rafters :lol:

Awesome!! Cheers on that one!
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    never.
    however, i only joined 10c in 2002.

edit - wow, a difference of 3 years....2002 to 2005.....#s went from mid200s to 400s? :shock: yikes.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    What is a 400? I suppose that obviously the lower the number the better, but what's considered a low number nowadays? I mean to say has everyone renewed their memberships from 1 on? I'm sorry if I sound stupid but i was just wondering as I only started posting to the board within the last year I think but have been a member for awhile.
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    never.

edit - wow, a difference of 3 years....2002 to 2005.....#s went from mid200s to 400s? :shock: yikes.

Well I joined 2003 and am 300XXX ... however found out recently that a friend that joined 5 months after me has a number 75000 better than me :shock: ... think that comes from when you ordered anything from 10c you were kind of given a 10c number in waiting that was then activated when you eventually did purchase a membership.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    I'm on my third membership. The first was from the mid-90's and fortunately for my peace of mind I really don't remember how low the number was. :)

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    since i joined when i was 15 in '95 i'm surprised i've never lapsed but somehow i always remember when november rolls around!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    first joined in '95. don't know what my number was but i received the "olympic platinum" christmas single and then never renewed. they sent me the '96 single a year later which was cool but i kind of moved away from PJ for a few years. only recently joined back up.
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    I'm with ya, let my lapse when there wasn't a show around me for a while....decided not to renew for years, started getting sick of only being able to pull lawn seats on livenation, so I rejoined right before the philly presale, I probably have the highest number available, but have a shot at the lottery!!!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I have re-upped for many years in the future.
  • Options
    Guilty! My membership has lapsed a few times, too. I believe I originally joined in 94, lapsed around 2000 and then again around 2006. Life, and the realization that Pearl Jam wasn't going to come back to Utah helped put this on my back burner. Well, look who's kickin' himself now?
    Salt Lake City 11/01/95
    Salt Lake City 11/02/95
    Park City 06/21/98
    Las Vegas 07/11/98
    Salt Lake City 09/28/09
    Missoula 09/30/12
    Denver 10/22/14
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    edited August 2009
    chime wrote:
    never.

Well I joined 2003 and am 300XXX ... however found out recently that a friend that joined 5 months after me has a number 75000 better than me :shock: ... think that comes from when you ordered anything from 10c you were kind of given a 10c number in waiting that was then activated when you eventually did purchase a membership.

ahhhhh, yes...i remember that now. too true. bit fucked, but whatcha gonna do?
    hell, years ago, they would allow members who lapsed half a year, or even a few years, to get their #s back if they had any documentation to *prove* their old #. glad they did away with that practice...b/c sure, while nice....it kinda defeats the purpose of following seniority then imo.

and this...

JimmyV wrote:
    fortunately for my peace of mind I really don't remember how low the number was

made me laugh!
    yes...probably better!
    :mrgreen:
    Post edited by decides2dream on
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    I'm with ya, let my lapse when there wasn't a show around me for a while....decided not to renew for years, started getting sick of only being able to pull lawn seats on livenation, so I rejoined right before the philly presale, I probably have the highest number available, but have a shot at the lottery!!!

what's your number? just wondering what they are up to.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    This is my third number.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    I'm 400*** I think I joined the club in 2006. I'd like to know how high the new members are ?
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:
    I'm on my third membership. The first was from the mid-90's and fortunately for my peace of mind I really don't remember how low the number was. :)

lol, ditto - I am so glad that I can't remember, I'm suicidal enough about letting it lapse as it is.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Do not have a clue how you could let your 10c lapse unless you just couldn't afford it...
  • Options
    DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    Joined originally about 5 or 6 years ago and had a number in the lower 300s I think. I totally forgot about it and just missed my chance to keep the #. I rejoined about 2 years ago and am 413xxx.
  • Options
    Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    Brisk. wrote:
    Do not have a clue how you could let your 10c lapse unless you just couldn't afford it...

In my case it was parenthood, divorce, and other real life issues! Sometimes our priorities change, no matter how much we love the band and we forget or change emails without thinking.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    FoxyMHMama wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

In my case it was parenthood, divorce, and other real life issues! Sometimes our priorities change, no matter how much we love the band and we forget or change emails without thinking.

Okay i guess so, but its not like taking 5 mins out from all that and filling in some credit card details isn't the biggest thing ever and they do give you quite a big period to do it in.
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:

what's your number? just wondering what they are up to.

436xxx

I don't expect them to grow as much anymore as people realize that unless you win the lottery, you don't have a chance at a good seat due to senority. That's what kept me away for a while.
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:

sometimes people have actual problems they need to worry about, and when you can't get to a show for a couple years, just throwing $20 away isn't high on the things to do list.
  • Options
    I had one a few years ago, can't remember the number from back then. Just got a new one a month ago, and it's 437XXX.

Personally, I have no idea why anyone would let theirs lapse just for the fact the band wasn't touring. They rarely come to my neck of the woods.....the big perks for me is the holiday single and the magazines. I wish I had joined and stayed that way a LOOOONG time ago.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    marcos wrote:
    What is a 400? I suppose that obviously the lower the number the better, but what's considered a low number nowadays? I mean to say has everyone renewed their memberships from 1 on? I'm sorry if I sound stupid but i was just wondering as I only started posting to the board within the last year I think but have been a member for awhile.

400 means in the 400,000s.

As far as the "why would you let it lapse"s... I just have a wide variety of musical interests and though I sincerely love the Pearl Jam, I like to go to everything from Eric Clapton/Steve Winwood to Glenn Tilbrook to B.B. King/Buddy Guy to The Motels. Last year, it seemed like I had a different show every week. Also, I tend to get music obsessive, whatever I'm listening to, I'm listening to a lot.

You just kinda forget, which is bad for the 10c numbers obviously. But it's always a joy to have it to come back to.
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    Guilty here as well. My number was, at one time, 73XXX and is now 324XXX. It pains me to write my old number to this day. :-(

Ah well..c'est la vie.
  • Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,914
    Never! I can't let my # go from bad to worse. Clutching onto what I have. A while back, 10c never reminded via e-mail so I had to be more diligent. I like that they remind you now.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    yep. let mine lapse once back in 2000 ish. had too much going on, didnt have the same email, so i missed the reminders. blah blah blah. renewed a month or so beyond the grace period, now i have a 205xxx number, still not too bad i guess.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel