Options

VS - Super Deluxe

tenbobtenbob Posts: 66
edited September 2009 in The Porch
Ok So we all got & loved the "Ten" Super Deluxe & the plan was to re-release them all before 2011, so does anyone know whe the "VS" Super Deluxe will be coming out?

Looking forward to the new LP & mike said in an interview there may be another EP of around 8 songs to follow, so if theres another installment of the re-issues too I could do with knowing when its out as I need to plan what i spend my money on.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Check out this post from a while back:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=107633&p=2462111&hilit=Vs.+reissue#p2462111

Looks like someone emailed 10C and there won't be any info on the reissues just yet. Also, someone in that post talks about VS. not needing a sonic upgrade, and I wouldn't doubt that the VS. and other album reissues will be more like regular reissued discs - just remastered sound with a cool package, but nothing along the lines of the Ten reissue. That was a seminal album for them, but I can't see them doing that with each and every album after Ten. I am probably wrong, but part of me just wants the rest of the discs to be reissued as maybe two-disc remastered albums - the original album packaged with a new booklet and then some demos, and/or hopefully a full concert set from that album's era:

VS. - maybe the famed Atlanta '94 show
    Vitalogy - Soldier Field or Miwaukee '95?
    No Code - Randall's Island? Or when they debuted most of No Code in a club setting? I have an awful sounding boot of that show and would love to have it in pristine soundboard format.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,021
    Can't wait to do this again! ;)

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=92409
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,614
    No Code - Randall's Island? Or when they debuted most of No Code in a club setting? I have an awful sounding boot of that show and would love to have it in pristine soundboard format.

If they do more re-releases, and we get live albums, please Pearl Jam, do not give us shows we already have soundboard copies of. And the fans need to stop requesting them! Atlanta 94, Soldier Field, these shows are extremely easy to get a soundboard copy of, so how about some shows we don't have access to!
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    RiotAct10 wrote:

If they do more re-releases, and we get live albums, please Pearl Jam, do not give us shows we already have soundboard copies of. And the fans need to stop requesting them! Atlanta 94, Soldier Field, these shows are extremely easy to get a soundboard copy of, so how about some shows we don't have access to!

Yes, of course they're easy to find - I wasn't quite requesting it, just listing shows I thought would be most likely included in the reissues. Personally I'd like the Milwaukee Summerfest set (the last night of Summerfest, I think?), which I downloaded years ago but mine doesn't sound that great. No idea if it exists out there in high quality audio yet or not, so if not, I'd vote for that one :)
  • Options
    tenbobtenbob Posts: 66
    Yeah I wasn't thinking of what they could do with it, as it doesn't need anything doing to it. I was just hoping they release it in the same box format as ten, as Im a bit of a record collecting geek and think a full box of goodies for each album would be awesome. Hopefully a release date & details soon then :?:
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    I wouldn't expect anything real soon. They're not gonna announce til everybody that's gonna get Backspacer buys it.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,747

I guess that would go good with the soundboard, radio broadcast, and Dissident singles versions of this show that I have.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    knikknik Posts: 94
    I'm hoping that they press some vinyl for every reissue!
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    knik wrote:
    I'm hoping that they press some vinyl for every reissue!

I would think that's all but guaranteed.
  • Options
    There have been a few threads about this. Conjecture is that they will release doubles from now on. Note the last box was called Pearl Jam 1990 - 1992. I think we'll get 93 - 94, which means vs and vitalogy together, and then double ups of No Code with Yield and then Binaural with Riot Act. There won't be anything for avocado or backspacer.
    we're all going to the same place...
  • Options
    I would sincerely hope they would try to digitally restore the abandoned vhs release show that was filmed in 93 just before VS was released, called Sunfest (AKA Mudfest) in Gimli Manitoba. I was there, and I have a VHS copy of it, and it would be incredible if they could restore it and put it on DVD.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    I said this months ago and I'll say it again. Don't expect to see a "super deluxe" reissue of any other albums. I'm confident that the "super deluxe" was exclusive to Ten.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    Pearl JamesPearl James Pittsburgh/Chicago Posts: 420
    I think by reissuing each album wont by any means mean remixing them. They did it with Ten cause the band wanted to hear it. I think theyll simply either remaster some tracks maybe, maybe release them in new packaging, but I wont expect anything major.
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,272
    Does anyone know if there ever going to be a VS Reissue? Release date?
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    If they "remaster" the rest of the albums, does that mean they will be horribly compressed like Avacado and Ten? I think I'll stick to my old copies if thats the case :)
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    They will without a doubt be as compressed as Ten (dx), Avoxado and Backspacer(?)

Too bad PJ can't consider CD to be a great music media, compress the itunes mp3's. Make the cds sound good.

But I think there will be no VS news till November.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    i wonder what , if any , video will be included in this,
    not that it matters i'll pick one up anyhow .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    They will without a doubt be as compressed as Ten (dx), Avoxado and Backspacer(?)

Too bad PJ can't consider CD to be a great music media, compress the itunes mp3's. Make the cds sound good.

I honestly don't understand the point of "remasters" to just compress something that sounded good to begin with. Can someone enlighten me on this?
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,471
    I am probably wrong, but part of me just wants the rest of the discs to be reissued as maybe two-disc remastered albums - the original album packaged with a new booklet and then some demos, and/or hopefully a full concert set from that album's era:

I highly doubt Randall's Island will ever come out of the vault.

I was there and it was the best show I ever saw, but if you listen to the audience boot parts where Ed talks about people dying from all the pushing going on and the band not continuing make me think it will never get released. After what happened at Roskilde four years later, I think some of the stuff on that boot hits too close to home and sadly will be the reason it never gets released.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    DS114969 wrote:

I honestly don't understand the point of "remasters" to just compress something that sounded good to begin with. Can someone enlighten me on this?

I don't understand it either. With certain old recordings the remastering can affect the sound enough to make it at least interesting. However in my opinion, it usually just ruins what was already good, or has little to no noticeable effect... meaning I find it pointless.
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin