Options

Home Free! Live in Seattle 1998

WashmyLUVWashmyLUV Posts: 102
edited August 2009 in The Porch
I found this at my local record store yesterday. I cant seem to find any information on it. Does anyone know anything about this recording? It is a 2 disc set...says Memorial Stadium on the back also says A Soundboard Recording??????? Curious?????
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I was at the two Memorial Stadium shows in 1998. I would love to get my hands on a recording of it!
  • Options
    EBowieEBowie Posts: 529
    I bought that back in the day when it was common to spend 50 or so bucks on a bootleg. Don't throw down big bucks because someone can probably hook you up for free. It was one of the Memorial Stadium shows from '98.
  • Options
    bmwweirdoguybmwweirdoguy Right of Seattle Posts: 228
    I believe the show on the 22nd was from the soundboard...I've always wanted the show from the 21st (that I was at)
    "Trial and error isn't a bad way to learn how to build an aircraft, but it can be a disastrous way to learn how to build a civilization..."
  • Options
    oh I remember those days well!
    EBowie wrote:
    I bought that back in the day when it was common to spend 50 or so bucks on a bootleg. Don't throw down big bucks because someone can probably hook you up for free. It was one of the Memorial Stadium shows from '98.
  • Options
    I was at both those shows at Memorial Stadium and have them both on CD and VHS. Show #2 was a great soundboard recording and it's probably on pearljambootlegs.org to download. Don't fork over the big bucks if that's what the record store is charging. BTW, where did you find it? I've only seen that stuff at Easy Street and The Sound in Lynnhood before it burned down.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    it's 7/22/98. If I remember correctly, this tape cape from one of the band members (I wont say which one) and was given to someone who shared it in the trading community.

DO NOT PAY FOR UNOFFICIAL BOOTLEGS! You could have gotten this show for free very easily.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    you can find this online places if you look : )

i still have my tapes of that show taken right off the soundboard.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I believe the show on the 22nd was from the soundboard...I've always wanted the show from the 21st (that I was at)

pearljambootlegs.org
    Walks on his own... With thoughts he can't help thinking...
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    I have 7/22/98 on cd if anyone needs a copy.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    I do! I will PM you.
    I have 7/22/98 on cd if anyone needs a copy.
  • Options
    I was at both those shows-
    :)
    my virgin PJ experience, I hadnt even really heard them on the radio before that.
    I would love to get the CD too.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    WashmyLUVWashmyLUV Posts: 102
    FireJam09 wrote:
    I was at both those shows at Memorial Stadium and have them both on CD and VHS. Show #2 was a great soundboard recording and it's probably on pearljambootlegs.org to download. Don't fork over the big bucks if that's what the record store is charging. BTW, where did you find it? I've only seen that stuff at Easy Street and The Sound in Lynnhood before it burned down.

I found this for 6.99 used, at Off the Record in Yakima Wa.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,236
    Yah the soundboard for this show has been circling around for years. It's not too hard to find in mp3 or flac. I think its the best boot from 98, well that and that melbourn show (great woods also had a mono soundboard boot of some sort).

I only made it to the 2nd seattle show that year (as I'd been driving across canada.. dipped down south for the missoula show, hit vancouver when I got back.. went home.. then at the last minute decided to trek to seattle).

Awesome show. I'd love to find a silver pressed bootleg of this show.
  • Options
    WashmyLUV wrote:
    FireJam09 wrote:

I found this for 6.99 used, at Off the Record in Yakima Wa.

Sweet. I'm heading to Ellensburg in a couple weeks. Maybe I'll swing down there and check that place out. They have other rare stuff?
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    I was at the 21st show as well that year. I think I have a bootleg of it somewhere.