Options

what's with europeans waving huge flags in the crowd

J_LAWNJ_LAWN Posts: 163
edited August 2009 in The Porch
Seems like any time i see a vid of a concert in europe (sometimes canada too), there are always at least 4 or 5 people waving some huge obnoxious flag in the crowd of the country that the concert is taking place in. i'd hate to be the guy behind someone waving a huge flag then entire time at a concert. This to me would be 100X more annoying than someone videotaping. Whats the deal here?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    I am not sure if all these flags are from counrty where They actually play.
    I can speak for myself. We had the flag in Berlin with hope that Pearl Jam wIll see it and remember. Just to consider our country in next tour. (and sometimes we succeeded).
    And second - it's nice to see how international are European's shows.

BTW. We try to not disturb others. ... mabye just for a while:)
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    deskilladeskilla Posts: 279
    look back 2003 show in spectrum when someone waving argentinian flag(but eddie mention wrong country) and yet they recognize it and they toured south america in 2005, sorry if anyone got disturbed by it, but pearl jam has shit load of fans around the world that hasn't have fortunate like us in the U.S. so by waving the flag maybe somehow pearl jam would do the show in their country. Is there any Indonesian flag??? hopefully pearl jam will stop by this year for all my friends in indonesia.
  • Options
    PrlJam27PrlJam27 Colonia, NJ Posts: 346
    deskilla wrote:
    look back 2003 show in spectrum when someone waving argentinian flag(but eddie mention wrong country) and yet they recognize it and they toured south america in 2005, sorry if anyone got disturbed by it, but pearl jam has shit load of fans around the world that hasn't have fortunate like us in the U.S. so by waving the flag maybe somehow pearl jam would do the show in their country. Is there any Indonesian flag??? hopefully pearl jam will stop by this year for all my friends in indonesia.

wow. good job to those waving the argentinian flag!! If not for them, Pearl Jam would never have toured South America in 2005. Kudos to you, whoever you are!
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    PrlJam27 wrote:
    deskilla wrote:
    wow. good job to those waving the argentinian flag!! If not for them, Pearl Jam would never have toured South America in 2005. Kudos to you, whoever you are!
    Haha.

Sorry, flag-waving is terribly dumb and selfishly ruins other people's enjoyment of the show.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    Spencer wrote:
    Sorry, flag-waving is terribly dumb and selfishly ruins other people's enjoyment of the show.

I agree with this. I respect everyone's country, word's they have to say, message they are trying to get across etc.. but when you are @ a concert, where peopled PAID money to be @ the show, it's rude to have people in front of you during half of the show, waving their signs, flag's, mosquito bite's for a while in the air; while you are missing out of the main show, which you paid to see. IMO!
  • Options
    Reno1979Reno1979 Posts: 91
    I agree. Your flag has zero influence on a band of this size going anywhere. Leave it at home. We get it you love your country. We love Pearl Jam and payed good money to see them.