Options

finally: amongst the waves

lugnutlugnut Asheville Posts: 67
edited August 2009 in The Porch
ok i tried not to write about this song and just let it be - but the youtube preview has me so moved and re-thinking everything about the last couple of albums - here is what i realized: i still enjoy and love avocado, and the other past three albums but no song since 'yield' has really made me leave the earth in my mind in an energetic flash entirely on its own accord like this one promises too. i guess over the years i know how to listen to a pearl jam song and sort of adopt it ....but this one just takes over like 'in hiding' or 'faithful' -

when the recent german magazine article preview review said about 'amongst the waves': " finally a song that pushes in all directions" i think that was dead on...." - i think he/she meant "finally"on the backspacer album but, too me i now think it means finally affter many years....if this song has the life it does in the short clip then i think it will be in my top 2 or 3 all time pj catalogue. i admitt the only problem with this song is that it takes three songs that i already enjoy "got some", "fixer" and "Speed of sound" and it kind of eclipses them .....imo. i hope that doesnt sound negative - i think the album will be great - but please make this one the next single - the radio world could really use such a potentially defining song....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    yep - it's a great 15 seconds.........i am so excited about this cd.
  • Options
    dreamweaverdreamweaver New York Posts: 711
    I already know this album is going to be the shit.
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
  • Options
    bloody excellent 15 seconds. best song i've heard of the new album so far.
    ...Pearl Jam, a group filled with pride, passion, and intricate musicianship. Their music is full of subtle textures, rich color, soul-searching power, imagery, and eerie dissonance.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    those 15 seconds have my head spinning already, I can't wait to get the album :)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Can't argue with any of this. Let's just hope that this song lives up to our high expectations.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    wow.

dead on that song is going to special, the album is going to be special, 10/27/09 is going to be special.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    I am really looking forward to hearing more than 15 seconds of the song! :geek:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    there's now a 29 second clip of this song on that verizon media store thingy :D
    ...Pearl Jam, a group filled with pride, passion, and intricate musicianship. Their music is full of subtle textures, rich color, soul-searching power, imagery, and eerie dissonance.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Cool.. sounds like old-school Ten Pearl Jam.
  • Options

Where can I get my hands on this verizon media store thingy?
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • Options

Where can I get my hands on this verizon media store thingy?

go to:

http://mediastore.verizonwireless.com/o ... he%20waves

and make sure that only the "Ringback Tones" box is ticked

below that it should say:

Title
    Amongst The Waves Preview

just click on preview, it should then load up.