Options

Robots in the first two rows...

Comments

• Options
    In2DeepIn2Deep Posts: 496
    I agree. I love the new lottery. The band has got to be tired of seeing the same people in the front row all the time.

You mean those people who dollar signs over their heads? The ones who have and will continue to put money into this group?

I really don't think the band could care-a-less.
  • Options
    ehcancehcanc Posts: 179
    and have been in 10c since Vs. If I want to sing or dance or do whatever then that's my choice. What I don't like is being in the front few rows and being serenaded, poorly I might add, by the row behind me. If you can't sing thaen keep your mouth shut.

Also, the crowd at the Letterman aftershow was so small that if you did anything crazy or loud you may have shown-up Ed. The theater was almost too small. It was best to stand and listen. This message board was cruel to the attenddes of that show. The webcast tells the tale.
    Everything has chains, absolutely nothings changed.

8/12/92 - NJ, 9/28/96 - NY, 9/8/98 - NJ, 9/10/98 - NY, 8/23/00 - NY, 7/8/03 - NY, 7/14/03 - NJ, 5/4/06 - Ed Sullivan Theater, 5/12/06 - NY, 6/1/06 - NJ1, 4/12/08 - ED IN LA !, 6/27/08 - CT, 8/4/08 - ED in NYC !!!
  • Options
    NiteLite10NiteLite10 Posts: 144
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    they get stage seats,

hurt ass Kerry Wood is always on stage in the back or on the sides. I guess than makes sens all he does is ride the pine nowadays

Most of the good seats are 10C but there are probably 5-20% (depending on the show) that go to people with connections...
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,837
    Good God if I get in the front two rows with my bro at Hartford, I just may poo myself.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Good God if I get in the front two rows with my bro at Hartford, I just may poo myself.
    I told my daughter if we get row 1-2 she may have to wheel me in in a wheelchair, I may pass out.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,837
    mindi wrote:
    I told my daughter if we get row 1-2 she may have to wheel me in in a wheelchair, I may pass out.

you and me both my friend.......it's been a dream of mine to be really close at a show. the 10c seats i got in 2006 were more than i could have hoped for, but to be in the front rows would be sublime.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    simplemansimpleman Posts: 425
    my two cents... as someone who has sat front row, 20th row, and back row,... the sound sucks up front. Period. You have to be 40 or 50 feet back, in my ears anyways....
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    simpleman wrote:
    my two cents... as someone who has sat front row, 20th row, and back row,... the sound sucks up front. Period. You have to be 40 or 50 feet back, in my ears anyways....

what you lose in sound is MORE than made up for in ENERGY! besides, having mike or jeff....and dare i ever dream :p ed lock eyes with you for a moment.........:eek: it is soooo well worth the lack of quality sound.

just my 2 cents.:D

have to say tho, i've avoided posting in this thread b/c it's premise is RUDE. even rubysdad said it - it's ALL about SHARING the LOVE. not pit older or newer 10c members against each other, insulting each other. totally uncool. and yea, i am more in line age-wise with those with kick-ass #s....but i have a mediocre #...and yet rock out like i'm 20. :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    How about a GENERAL ADMISSION floor!???

Give us a choice, GA floor or reserved seats.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    NiteLite10NiteLite10 Posts: 144
    Jammin909 wrote:
    How about a GENERAL ADMISSION floor!???

Give us a choice, GA floor or reserved seats.

I know a lot of people love GA... and the energy *is* good. But you have to understand that physically, a lot of people get shut out of being anywhere close that way.

I'm not tiny or bad shape but I'm not really that comfortable fighting a bunch of people to be close. And I have a hard time enjoying the show because I'm just trying to maintain a position and not overheat. GA really favors big guys and people who like (or don't mind) getting beat up.

And I have done GA before and loved the shows and energy. But being close in a reserved show makes me notice and experience a lot of things that I miss while fighting the crowd. So... overall I like the reserved shows... but nothing wrong with throwing in a GA one once in a while.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Have been dethroned! HA HA!
    not dethroned just given a different view! :) and in their defense i must say it is INTIMIDATING up there!!! :eek: Say what you will but it is INTENSE at first. However, if u dont get to rockin out soon enough then yeah maybe you shouldnt be up there? but it really is INTENSE.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    ehcanc wrote:
    . What I don't like is being in the front few rows and being serenaded, poorly I might add, by the row behind me. If you can't sing thaen keep your mouth shut.

Nah. That's horse shit. Sorry. Crowds are supposed to sing and sing loud.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    ehcanc wrote:
    and have been in 10c since Vs. If I want to sing or dance or do whatever then that's my choice. What I don't like is being in the front few rows and being serenaded, poorly I might add, by the row behind me. If you can't sing thaen keep your mouth shut.

Also, the crowd at the Letterman aftershow was so small that if you did anything crazy or loud you may have shown-up Ed. The theater was almost too small. It was best to stand and listen. This message board was cruel to the attenddes of that show. The webcast tells the tale.

I was at the after show, actually Fron row center, I thought the crowd was awesome. I for one lost my voice and... oh yeah shook Ed's hand. Best PJ experience ever and I do no think any other can top it. At least it would be very hard.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    ehcancehcanc Posts: 179
    I was at the after show, actually Fron row center, I thought the crowd was awesome. I for one lost my voice and... oh yeah shook Ed's hand. Best PJ experience ever and I do no think any other can top it. At least it would be very hard.

I also lost my voice. These young punks are talking about dancing and bobbin' and weavin' like idiots and they're dissin' us for being respectful of Ed. I watch the Letterman webcast every week and if some guy had been up front acting like an idiot, Ed probably would have stopped the song and said WTF. That was a show for the MATURE 10C members and that's why we were there. I didn't see too many college kids. I was next to the guy (with the broken arm) who went up and got the Leash card. I have the the link if you want it.
    Everything has chains, absolutely nothings changed.

8/12/92 - NJ, 9/28/96 - NY, 9/8/98 - NJ, 9/10/98 - NY, 8/23/00 - NY, 7/8/03 - NY, 7/14/03 - NJ, 5/4/06 - Ed Sullivan Theater, 5/12/06 - NY, 6/1/06 - NJ1, 4/12/08 - ED IN LA !, 6/27/08 - CT, 8/4/08 - ED in NYC !!!
  • Options
    I have a low number and even I think this is a great Idea.

that said, no need to be grade school about it.

just because the usual suspects won't be in tghe front rows doesn't mean you will.
    you are the only reason this new change sucks for me....i was so hoping for that southern show that you would come to and let me be your ticket bud ;) we would've so been front row in Little Rock 03. i ended up w/ 6th row center with my 223###. oh well, at least we'll be rocking Santa Barbara and LA in a few daze!!!!
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • Options
    smellrosesmellrose Detroit Posts: 72
    As a person who has sat in the front row quite a few times over the years, I want to start by saying I have no problem with the random rows. Everyone should get a chance! Now, I have been to more rock shows than I care to count starting when I was about 16 and there was a time when I'd be the one jumping around like a maniac. Now that I'm, *cough* 39 *cough, cough*, I enjoy these shows a little bit differently. Mind you, the excitement level is the same, I just may not show it so physically these days. And, I have to tell you, the first time I sat front row center (Detroit 2000), I tell you I was like a deer in the headlights! It was so very exciting and disconcerting at the same time. When you make eye contact, it's very "aw shucks" *shuffles feet, looks at the ground*. Please don't think that because we're not physically expressive, we're not exploding inside! As for the seat jumpers, when you start out just right of Ed and you end up down the row behind the speakers because people keep squeezing in your row, it can be a little frustrating.

Be kind, love your neighbor and by all means, have a rockin' good time!

:)
  • Options
    Super_FanSuper_Fan Posts: 249
    NiteLite10 wrote:
    I know a lot of people love GA... and the energy *is* good. But you have to understand that physically, a lot of people get shut out of being anywhere close that way.

I'm not tiny or bad shape but I'm not really that comfortable fighting a bunch of people to be close. And I have a hard time enjoying the show because I'm just trying to maintain a position and not overheat. GA really favors big guys and people who like (or don't mind) getting beat up.

And I have done GA before and loved the shows and energy. But being close in a reserved show makes me notice and experience a lot of things that I miss while fighting the crowd. So... overall I like the reserved shows... but nothing wrong with throwing in a GA one once in a while.

If there was GA at the arena shows in the USA, people would start to camp out overnight show after show and it would be a bitch for Pearl Jam and the venue to control it. Then it would come to what U2 and Bruce do at their shows the L word for GA. Maybe one venue per tour they do GA show(s) in the USA like Borgata or Bill Graham Civic Auditorium.
    Tour '08
    Destroying DC Scum.
  • Options
    PapaJamPapaJam Posts: 23
    you know what, there is really no need to bash other fans, people enjoy music differently

to each his own, but I think your karma is going to put you in the back

Funny you defend the fans. In 2006 during many shows I would be the one given the evil eye by majority of the " perfect Pearl Jam fans" for singing out loud and dancing in my space. I hope those robots forget their ID's this time around!
    If I had known then what I know now.....

"How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it."
    Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    All I can say is that if we want this random seating to last all the people who have never been first few rows better rock out hard. Now you can talk the talk but can you walk the walk? ;)
    Ive been 3rd row for one show thanks to a wonderful transfer.
    And Ive charged my way to about 5th row at a general seating.
    Its hard to keep it up the whole show.
    What a work out!

Im interested in what will happen with the EV solo shows.
    Wonder who will be where...
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    ToywomanToywoman Posts: 43
    I was fortunate enough to be in row 2 at Chicago 2003 thanks to a second ticket from neenerbean, and there weren't many robots around me, that's for damn sure! I have noticed some that weren't as energetic as others, but there are others you can pick out in a heartbeat (neenerbean definitely being one of them!) that are rocking their socks off.

Wanna see robots? Sit in non-10c seats. Trust me, the only time these people come alive is during Ten-era songs. Or "Daughter".
    "sounds like pearl jam just had a three song orgasm."~~vacatetheword
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,775
    PapaJam wrote:
    Funny you defend the fans. In 2006 during many shows I would be the one given the evil eye by majority of the " perfect Pearl Jam fans" for singing out loud and dancing in my space. I hope those robots forget their ID's this time around!

unless you can say that I was one of those fans that gave you the evil eye, don't quote me

and I wasn't. as I said, people enjoy music differently, there is no need to slam anyone
  • Options
    butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    Too....much....pressure....must...not....act....stiff....

Seriously, I have a high number and FFIW, I think the lower numbers should get seniority.
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,554
    smellrose wrote:
    As a person who has sat in the front row quite a few times over the years, I want to start by saying I have no problem with the random rows. Everyone should get a chance! Now, I have been to more rock shows than I care to count starting when I was about 16 and there was a time when I'd be the one jumping around like a maniac. Now that I'm, *cough* 39 *cough, cough*, I enjoy these shows a little bit differently. Mind you, the excitement level is the same, I just may not show it so physically these days. And, I have to tell you, the first time I sat front row center (Detroit 2000), I tell you I was like a deer in the headlights! It was so very exciting and disconcerting at the same time. When you make eye contact, it's very "aw shucks" *shuffles feet, looks at the ground*. Please don't think that because we're not physically expressive, we're not exploding inside! As for the seat jumpers, when you start out just right of Ed and you end up down the row behind the speakers because people keep squeezing in your row, it can be a little frustrating.

Well said. Not that I have any idea what it is like in teh front row.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    florence151florence151 Posts: 597
    Have been dethroned! HA HA!

"If you hate something then don't you do it too."

That being said, I hope that those who are rewarded with seats for the front have a great time at the shows. Been in front a number of times. It's fun.

The shows in Europe 06 were GA. Wonderful crowds fantastic music. Will PJ do GA again in the USA?

Stay safe! Be nice to your fellow fans.
    Hold On
  • Options
    smellrose wrote:

Great post...I agree. It's all about being yourself, and for some people that is expressed by jumping around. For others it doesn't need to be. At the same time though, I think it is important to overtly show some enthusiasm. The last show I went to the woman next to me (a ten club member) sat for the whole show. It just makes it harder for the people around you to get into the show when you're surrounded by deadbeats...not to mention, some enthusiasm up front helps to keep the band's energy up

As for squeezing in to a row, no one should get upset at someone for disallowing it. I've never been up front at a pearl jam show, but I have been for other ga shows. It drives me nuts when people want me to step aside so they can get past me to 'stand with their friends'...the more people i step aside for, the further back i have to stand. I refuse to feel bad about sacrificing my good spot for someone elses selfish demands.
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    hey, I was front row at Detroit, and let me tell you, I was no robot...
  • Options
    I have to agree, even though I usually end up pretty close, I can never see around the three walrusses in the front row dead center at every show....
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    i've been in the front 2 rows numerous times ( my tix and friends tix and luck) and have never, ever been a robot
    i've been in the rafters as well and nope, still not a robots

mean people...GRRRRRRRRRRR
    :(
    dont generalize

and i'm all for the random distribution and chance for everyone to get close
    it still really only matters to me that i'm in the building and this is after 35 shows
    (not a big fan of being directly behind a 6ft person bcause i'm short) but anywhere i'm at is good enough for me
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    i would never want to sit in the first 2 rows...not just cause people are dead but because, i dont know...awkward with the band? i want those 9-10 rows!!
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    if you are jumping, singing every word, and having the time of your life, there is no awkwardness with the band...
    maybe if you catch a flying mike pick to the eye, but that hasn't happened yet!