Options

How funny is this thought???

flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
edited June 2009 in The Porch
I have been thinking about this for the past 2 days...If I proposed a trade 5 days ago of Michael Jackson- Thriller opened but Near Mint condition to anybody for a sealed copy of Into The Wild, you would have laughed at me...Yesterday, this was one of the higher end open "normal"copies that sold on ebay...So, how much did anyone here make on these albums, and SERIOUSLY...Who is buying them for so much money? Collectors? :lol:
http://cgi.ebay.com/MICHAEL-JACKSON-THR ... tsupported
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    If i really think about i can't quite understand really why if someone dead why the value of something goes up, i could understand signatures etc, but for a vinyl which has been around for years and was released years ago i just don't get it :S
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    I BrisK I wrote:
    If i really think about i can't quite understand really why if someone dead why the value of something goes up, i could understand signatures etc, but for a vinyl which has been around for years and was released years ago i just don't get it :S

EXACTLY. Not to mention this is THE Top selling album of all time...Any guess on how many copies are out there? I honestly have given multiple copies away because I have seen it so often in $1 bins at record shops for years...weird...
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Odds are there were more vinyl copies of this than CD's in 82 when it came out seeing that Cd's came out in 82 and next to no one had one. Granted CD's took over and vinyl production went away but these are by no means rare. Honestly, this will die down real soon. In less than a month these albums will sell for what they normally would. People are just capitolizing off his death and it doesn't help that idiots are dumb enough to pay $300 for a 27 year old album.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    jecicajecica Posts: 954
    Damn, I have one, maybe I should sell it?
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • Options
    jecica wrote:
    Damn, I have one, maybe I should sell it?

then you could be number 4,830 !
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."