Options

Gorge 2006-Funny thing I remembered

pjfleapjflea Posts: 8
edited January 2008 in The Porch
I haven't posted here in ages, but the other day I remembered something I saw at the gorge concert that was amusing enough to be worthy of a post.

It was during the Alive guitar solo, and some guy was heading back to his seat walking across a bunch of folding chairs. Everyone was pumping their fists in the air to the music, when someone actually punched this guy in the face. The culprit was obviously very sorry, and the guy said something like, "Don't worry 'bout it dude". Pearl Jam fans are so sweet. How many times will you see some guy get punched in the face (albeit accidentally and not that hard) and just shrug it off?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    my wife got hit in the head at the gorge and i was so close to hitting that guy in the face...

but i'm a lover not a fighter.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    I'm sorry to poop in here, but why would you wanna walk around
    during ALIVE? And why would you wanna walk around during a PJ show in
    the first place? :o
    Yes, most fans are sweet...the majority it, very few I've met were uncool people...
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    My friend that was with me was having horrible heat stroke so she was sitting with the pregnant woman next to her sharing water and a fan.

Good times! :D
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    It was all in the name of alcohol...

We had a super drunk guy climbing on the seats, over the rows, and trying to pick fights with women on Gorge night II...The whole time he was yelling, "Eddie said you gotta take care of me!" He had two drinks in his hands and was trying to steal everyone's seat...This was during "Crazy Mary" right at the "no L-O-I-T-E-R-I-N-G" part, which I had to miss in order to avoid getting kicked in the head by this guy...

However, this did not ruin my Gorge experience at all...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,148
    Krisdababe wrote:
    My friend that was with me was having horrible heat stroke so she was sitting with the pregnant woman next to her sharing water and a fan.

Good times! :D

Hey Wildhorse neighbor ......there was a lot of hard drinking that first night also!!! ;)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Hey Wildhorse neighbor ......there was a lot of hard drinking that first night also!!! ;)

Hey there :D

Maybe there'll be a Gorge 08 and where we can party like it's 06! That night was awesome!
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,148
    Krisdababe wrote:
    Hey there :D

Maybe there'll be a Gorge 08 and where we can party like it's 06! That night was awesome!

Despite the heat it was a good time in deed!! ...hmm I seem to remember some rather tasty chocolates also from our Oregon friends :)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    i remember asking people around me in the crowd if they were on the message board and no one was.

i also said "its so damn hot. milk was a bad choice." over and over again.
  • Options
    rattzeyrattzey Posts: 877
    Ahh the Gorge, no better place to see a show....well maybe hawaii but the Gorge is one of the best places to see a show let alone a Pearl Jam show, So here's hoping for next year at the Gorge

Weekend 1 Rush @ the Gorge
    Weekend 2 Led Zepplin @ the Gorge
    Weekend 3 Pearl Jam 3 nights @ the Gorge

what a great few months that would be, but for now just a beautiful dream
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J