Options

Soundgarden reunion??????

13»

Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    pdalowsky wrote:

Batmotorfinger imo doesn't have a bad track on it, just amazing. Superunknown is fucking amazing too, and the first 7 tracks of Down On The Upside fucking destroy. Louder than love is just ace tooo. Can't say im one for Ultramega OK, but Beyond the Wheel is just ridiculous. Oh and not to mention Birth Ritual :D

Im just getting so happy becuase i didn't grow up in the 90s and soo many bands i love are reforming and i will be able to/waiting/have seen them i.e Smashing Pumpkins (joint fave with PJ), Alice in chains, Faith no More, Candlebox, Karma to Burn and a bunch of others not at the top of my head. Soundgarden reforming would just be heaven for me, if they did all we need now is original Sabbath and Primus.[/quote]

Its a perspective thing i guess, musical opinions differ greatly, Cornells vocals just grate on me from the early days, they are ok in batches of a few songs, but after a full 80 min CD its not much fun.

Like i said I am well on my own with this, I appreciate that, but i just dont hear it the same. I wouldnt rush to see them, in fact I'm not fond of Matt rejoining SG at all.

AIC is another band I never got, not at all, They were again OK, but nothing magic, Jar of Flies and Sap just seem so average to me and records that havent stood the test of time well. Which maybe one of my problems with SG too, MTV fucking ruined Blackholesun, they dfid my brains in with it. To the point where I hate that song now, and cant be bothered to listen to it.

I wouldnt bank on Sabbath reforming either, if they did it would be the biggest joke ever. Ozzy can barely get a sentence out now and its cringeworthy watching him on stage now.

I'm never so fond of the reunions though, not many bands successfully pull it off like RATM did, although Pink Floyd would definitely grab my attention - the little i did see at Live8 was awesome[/quote]
    Pink Floyd wouldn't be Pink Floyd without Rick though :(
    I'm so grateful I was able to see David Gilmour at Massey Hall during his last tour where he had Rick and Dick playing with him.. original Floyd guitarist, keyboardist, saxophonist at Massey Hall, and Pino Palladino on bass!? Heaven.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    ZidaneZidane Ottawa Posts: 362
    benjs wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Candlebox...? Really...? Ouf, go get yourself an album from The Posies or Love Battery but not Candlebox...!
    You're not what you own - Ian MacKaye, Fugazi

98 - Montreal
    00 - Montreal
    03 - Toronto, Montreal
    04 - Boston (Show #1)
    05 - Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    06 - Toronto (Show #1)
    09 - Toronto, Philly (Show #3-4)
    10 - Cleveland
    11 - Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa
    13 - London (ON), Philly (x2)
    16 - QC - Ottawa

• Options
    Zidane wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Candlebox...? Really...? Ouf, go get yourself an album from The Posies or Love Battery but not Candlebox...!

Hey hey hey, Far Behind is a BADASS song!
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    I saw Matt Cameron get Kim Thayil a beer side stage at Green River when they played that park in Washington. Im all for this. Maybe Chris will stop making ero-dance-sap songs if this happens.