Options

You Make the Music Video for Pearl Jam’s “Porch”

edited June 2009 in The Porch
Win a Spot in the Extreme Sports Video for “Porch,” From Pearl Jam’s Famed Debut Ten, Out Now in 4 Newly Remixed Special Editions

New York, NY (Vocus) June 22, 2009 -- Action sports network FUEL TV is partnering up with Sony Music’s Legacy Recordings to give their fans a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to appear in the unique fan-created music video for Pearl Jam’s “Porch,” from the band’s iconic debut album Ten.

Fans can pick the tricks for Pearl Jam's new fan-created music video for "Porch" on FUEL.TV.
To enter, fans must submit the best action sports clip of themselves they have – skateboarding, surfing, BMX – anything goes. If it’s awesome, we want to see it. Entry is closed on July 18th, so get working on it. Winners will have their clip featured in the video next to pros such as Nolan Lee, Chris Martin and Brad Harper, as well as Pearl Jam. Go to www.FUEL.TV/pearljam to enter.

Following the entry window, the public will have a chance to vote on the clips at www.FUEL.TV/pearljam. The top ten videos will make the cut. The video will premiere ON-AIR on FUEL TV’s “The Daily Habit” this coming August. In addition to having their clips featured in the music video for “Porch,” one grand prize winner will also receive a full band copy of Rock Band for Xbox 360 and a Super Deluxe Edition of Ten. Ten runners up will receive a copy of Rock Band (disc only) for the Xbox 360 and the Legacy Edition of Ten.

The newly reissued version of Ten is in stores now, and each of the 4 special editions include both the remastered version of the original album, as well as an accompanying version that has been remixed by the band’s longtime producer Brendan O’Brien (Bruce Springsteen, AC/DC, Audioslave). Ten was just released as DLC for Rock Band for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. Additionally, fans can preview tracks from the release by playing the web-based Pearl Jam Ten Game at www.PearlJamTenGame.com.

About FUEL TV - FUEL TV is a 24/7 action sports lifestyle network for skateboarding, snowboarding, surfing, BMX, freestyle motocross, and wakeboarding. A unit of Fox Cable Networks, FUEL TV was launched July 1, 2003 and is seen in 30-million U.S. homes. To subscribe to FUEL TV, call 877-4-FUEL-TV. For program times and other information, visit www.FUEL.TV.

About TEN - Pearl Jam first released TEN on August 27, 1991. The album reached #2 on the Billboard 200 chart, sold over 12 million copies and became one of the cultural touchstones of the 1990s. Songs such as "Alive," "Black," "Even Flow" and Jeremy became staples of rock radio, and still make frequent appearances on the band's ever-changing concert setlists. The album was produced by Rick Parasher. Pearl Jam's 1991 lineup was Jeff Ament (bass), Stone Gossard (guitar), Dave Krusen (drums), Mike McCready (guitar) and Eddie Vedder (vocals/guitar). For more information, visit www.PearlJam.com.

About Sony Music/Legacy Recordings - Legacy Recordings, the Grammy Award-winning division at Sony Music Entertainment founded in 1990, is charged with the task of revisiting, restoring, reintroducing and enhancing one of the world's greatest music catalogs (over 100 years deep!). The RCA and Columbia labels are both over 100 years old and represent some of the world’s finest artists. Legacy has become an industry leader, and critical and fan favorite, by taking that rich and diverse music to never-before imagined or attained levels of listening pleasure. It has also been hugely successful and each year generates millions of dollars in net income. For more information, visit www.Legacy Recordings.com.

About Apex Exposure - Apex Exposure is a full service new media marketing agency specializing in the development of integrated marketing campaigns. The company provides clients with forward thinking new media marketing solutions by implementing a business philosophy centered around a strategic approach in working with clients to determine their message, identify their audience, and most importantly, understand their marketing objectives. Apex delivers unique and effective marketing campaigns that utilize all aspects of the internet while complimenting traditional marketing efforts, maximizing the number of impressions across relevant demographics and cutting through the clutter of today’s oversaturated new media space. For more information including company capabilities and case studies log onto www.ApexExposure.com.

http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2009 ... 556884.htm
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    When I click on the link it has a contest called "Metal Mayhem".
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Maybe I should send a video of me launching my ass into a creek while snowboarding this winter. :mrgreen:

Kind of surprised this isn't a sticky.
    NERDS!
  • Options

Nevermind. It works now.

I think I might upload something just for the hell of it. Maybe get one of the secondary prizes
  • Options

Nevermind. It works now.

I think I might upload something just for the hell of it. Maybe get one of the secondary prizes

Nevermind again...have to be an American
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    It baffles me that this kind of thing isn't being announced on here.
  • Options
    It baffles me that this kind of thing isn't being announced on here.

Yeah, seems strange to me???