Let My Love Open the Door...

skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
edited June 2009 in The Porch
When everything feels all over
When everybody seems unkind
I'll give you a four-leaf clover
Take all the worry out of your mind
Let my love open the door

Ok...so Ed played this last night. One of my favorite covers he does...I just went to my mail box and on the way back in...I look down and hanging over the sidewalk is...A FOUR LEAF CLOVER...coincidence??? probably... I just thought it bizarre. You can't find one of these when looking for it...I wasn't looking and there it was at my feet....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    It was karma! :D

I was there last night too. Great song!
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Options
    Catwoman1 wrote:
    It was karma! :D

I was there last night too. Great song!
    Wish I had been there...sounds like a great night...
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    They need to bring back the full-band version.
    Bring it back!!!!
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,992
    Bring it back!!!!

i know what you mean! first time hearing it back in '95, think it was seattle?
    loved it ever since! :)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Bring it back!!!!

I know it was the keynote cover in the seminal Soldier Field show, for sure.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    I like this song because it's not a sad lovesong, it's more confident. :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam wrote:
    I like this song because it's not a sad lovesong, it's more confident. :D
    I agree with you...very uplifting...strong...
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Bring it back!!!!

I always digress when I see these pictures of cute babies. Is that your baby? He's adorable!
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Pete Townshend wrote that about god...go figure...(like god is singing it)
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    Catwoman1 wrote:
    I always digress when I see these pictures of cute babies. Is that your baby? He's adorable!

She's actually a she ... but thanks. It can be confusing, what with the blue onesie and all :)
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Cool story.

I love it when things like that happen - it's almost like your positive experience was so strong that you were able to will that clover to your presence.

Thanks for sharing. :)
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564

Damn right!
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    Catwoman1 wrote:

She's actually a she ... but thanks. It can be confusing, what with the blue onesie and all :)

Oops... Sorry. The pink socks should have been a giveaway! She's adorable! Enjoy her -- they grow up so very fast.
  • Options
    weenie wrote:
    Cool story.

I love it when things like that happen - it's almost like your positive experience was so strong that you were able to will that clover to your presence.

Thanks for sharing. :)
    I wasn't there...in spirit I suppose I was :D ...I do believe some things are divine...this...maybe just coincidence. I really enjoy those random moments, such as this, when you just turn your head sideways like a dog...trying to put it all together :)
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    I love it because it's a Pete song 8-)
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Yep, there or not I like to think it's all related to the energy in you that's positive about something in particular - drawing things in. And you're absolutely right - it is a divine occurrence. The fact that it's a lucky four-leaf clover has to give you the feeling that something really good is just around the corner for you. Be sure to let us know if you get to meet one of the band members or something! :D
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    weenie wrote:
    Yep, there or not I like to think it's all related to the energy in you that's positive about something in particular - drawing things in. And you're absolutely right - it is a divine occurrence. The fact that it's a lucky four-leaf clover has to give you the feeling that something really good is just around the corner for you. Be sure to let us know if you get to meet one of the band members or something! :D
    Well...I certainly LOVE your optimism. I wish I was as sure as you...some days yes...other days no. Sadly, if I were to meet someone from the band...I don't think I'd share that info. For me it always seems too personal. Thank you though...I will definitely let everyone know if anything else GREAT happens :lol: