Options

I think this would be a good time to hear from the band..

Comments

• Options
    ramblinponyramblinpony Posts: 115
    metsfan wrote:
    Sorry for starting a firestorm. I will crawl back into my non-posting hole.

Peace and love.

Ramblinpony
    i'm being serious from one fan to another, please don't crawl back into your hole. you bring up very good points and they are well thought out probably the best i've seen. but this topic and the target partnership talk has been going for 3 weeks now and its getting tiring. seeing this topic and the target deal daily on here is making me not wanna log onto here anymore and its caused me to cry, lol.

Thanks for this. Like I said in the original post, "when a friend leaves their door open every day for 18 years and one day you go to their house and the door is locked and nobody is answering the bell, you have the right to get a little worried."

I am just worried this may become the new way of doing buisness 'round here.
  • Options
    CJMST3K, nice avatar :)
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722

Thank ya' sir. I'm putting some thought into my Avatar's recently. The more creepy, the better. :D
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    Thanks for this. Like I said in the original post, "when a friend leaves their door open every day for 18 years and one day you go to their house and the door is locked and nobody is answering the bell, you have the right to get a little worried."

Information flowed freely on this site for 18 years? What site have you been frequenting?
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options

Information flowed freely on this site for 18 years? What site have you been frequenting?

More so about the audience recordings..I guess. Sorry guys, but this a shock to my system. For the first time ever, my favorite band is behaving in a way I dont agree with.
  • Options

More so about the audience recordings..I guess. Sorry guys, but this a shock to my system. For the first time ever, my favorite band is behaving in a way I dont agree with.

Or, for the first time since last summer. Ed shows weren't to be taped then, either.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    edited June 2009

If you disagree with them now, you've disagreed with them forever.

What is the talk about unlocked doors and that crap. Eddie Vedder doesn't want his solo shows recorded. Get over it. PJ doesn't want 100% shitty quality recordings being the first impression of their new material. Correct me if I'm wrong but PJ's camp hasn't hunted down any links to Got Some from Conan.

You really need to get over yourself, man.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Options

Or, for the first time since last summer. Ed shows weren't to be taped then, either.
    [/quote][/quote]

Yes...the parts make the whole.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

You are a nice guy
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938

Pearl Jam have always (or at least for the past few years) tried to profit off of show recordings. As far as I'm concerned, I don't believe that has stopped. For PJ shows, you're allowed to record the shows, but can't distribute them freely until the bootleg sales are done. This is just probably a new way of distributing it for EV shows.. my guess is due to the little-varying setlists, he's probably making some form of compilation media - be it CD or DVD - to be released eventually.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

do you have respect for eddie?
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

You are a nice guy

I am. I just don't see why you're gettin so bent out of shape over NOTHING.
  • Options
    norm wrote:

No, he is my favorite singer from my favorite band but I hate the dude!

Just kidding btw.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    norm wrote:

No, he is my favorite singer from my favorite band but I hate the dude!

Just kidding btw.

well, my point is...if you do respect him, then respect his wishes...he doesn't want his solo shows recorded and traded
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Obviously Im missing something but am I reading this right?

Someone made a blog on their site that the 10c didnt like and they asked her to take it down? What right does the 10c have to do that?

Actually I think that TC asked them to take down cell phone video of the commercial they were filming, or audio, and while doing so told the blogger they have a "shitty blog". (i may be wrong on the details, but that's my understanding)

Ohh.... thats real nice of the 10c.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    samnationsamnation Los Angeles, CA Posts: 277
    There were press in Seattle listening to the CD recently so it's logical to assume that closer to the album release date we will start to see a lot of articles and potentially interviews with the guys. If the Sept 22 release date sticks we've got a whole 3 and a half months until it comes out. It doesn't make a lot of sense to talk it up now when people can't buy it or even pre-order it.

I think the Conan appearance was more of a unique opportunity since it was Conan's first Tonight Show. And it's clear they had originally intended to play something off of Ten to promote the re-issue but I'm guessing they were feeling good about the new material and were eager to play something fresh.

By the time they are gigging in Europe and back here in the states in August I'm sure the Backspacer info will be all over the place.
    Sam
  • Options
    Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    CJMST3K wrote:
    It would be nice if the band would say "Still working on those West Coast dates. Looking at East Coast dates for early 2010, and maybe a few others sprinkled in" and other vague news. Something would be nice. Stuff falls apart - we know.

...btw, when is the big, bold and free thing happening? ;)

The "big, bold and free" thing has already happened.......

Sorry you´ve missed out.......

J/K ;)

Still waiting for it..........
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • Options
    samnation wrote:
    I think the Conan appearance was more of a unique opportunity since it was Conan's first Tonight Show. And it's clear they had originally intended to play something off of Ten to promote the re-issue but I'm guessing they were feeling good about the new material and were eager to play something fresh.

Nah. They were always going to play something off Backspacer. Little off topic, but just wanted to clarify.
  • Options
    samnationsamnation Los Angeles, CA Posts: 277
    samnation wrote:

Nah. They were always going to play something off Backspacer. Little off topic, but just wanted to clarify.

I drew that conclusion because some of the online promo for the appearance listed Pearl Jam playing music from Ten. I believe the Tonight Show website had that written there right up to their performance. So probably the band knew for some time that they were going to do a song from the new album but when the gig was originally booked the thinking was let's promote the reissue.
    Sam
  • Options
    samnation wrote:
    samnation wrote:

I drew that conclusion because some of the online promo for the appearance listed Pearl Jam playing music from Ten. I believe the Tonight Show website had that written there right up to their performance. So probably the band knew for some time that they were going to do a song from the new album but when the gig was originally booked the thinking was let's promote the reissue.

Kelly Curtis didn't clarify either way, but they probably accepted the offer after 99% of the writing for the record was done. That combined with the fact that it doesn't make sense to promote a 20 year old album 2 months after it's reissue makes me think PJ's camp planned on a new tune all along. Who know what NBC was thinking. Conan did hold up new artwork and not the Ten redux.

Either way it was a great way to stir up the PJ publicity train just to raise awareness.
  • Options
    samnation wrote:
    samnation wrote:

Tonight Show press people just screwed up. From the minute it was announced Pearl Jam wouldn't be playing the Tonight Show, Pearl Jam said they would be playing music from the upcoming album.
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    edited June 2009
    metsfan wrote:

Peace and love.

Ramblinpony
    i'm being serious from one fan to another, please don't crawl back into your hole. you bring up very good points and they are well thought out probably the best i've seen. but this topic and the target partnership talk has been going for 3 weeks now and its getting tiring. seeing this topic and the target deal daily on here is making me not wanna log onto here anymore and its caused me to cry, lol.

We're all free to express our opinions, so as unhappy as you are that people aren't agreeing with you, means Jack to everyone else.

I agree with the OP. A statement from the band would be much appreciated.
    Post edited by Jeanwah on
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    CJMST3K wrote:

Thank ya' sir. I'm putting some thought into my Avatar's recently. The more creepy, the better. :D
    And The Hoff was definitely creepy...although the kittens one made me laugh every. single. time.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Alot of stuff has been going on around this place lately and I think it would be wise for the band to give a statement.

I understand that you have certain rules and contracts that you must follow, but when stuff gets censored and removed without a hint of why, people are bound to be pissed off. You are not required to tell us anything, and we are not entitled to anything. However, when a friend leaves their door open every day for 18 years and one day you go to their house and the door is locked and nobody is answering the bell, you have the right to get a little worried.

What is bothering me about the whole thing is that it is not the band who is being so weird about things, it is the people hired to represent the band. I can't speak for everyone, but I really want to hear what the band has to say about all of this stuff. This all started after reading Heathers post on the "Fuel-Friends" blog. The day you loose a fan like her, many more will likely follow. Don't let this happen.

This is not just about the Target thing. It is a pattern I have seen over the last few years. Eddie doesn't want his shows recorded. That is fine, it is his music. But again, there was never a problem with this before, we just want an explanation. Make something up. Tell us the venue won't allow it. Tell us the tapes cause cancer. Just tell us something. It will make us feel alot better.

Remember what Bono said in that 1993 article about PJ when him and Jeff were discussing hugeness vs. purity : "We used to be anti-anti... We used to be angry. But we love technology, like you love what you love. Next tour we might only play 3,000-seat halls. But this is where we are today. Ten years from now, you tell us where you are."

Hey Pearl Jam, it has been 18 years. Tell us where you are.
    YES,,,YES,,AND YES,,,
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Re: Taping EV shows--

I am pretty sure this is because of the whole "experiment" attitude when he did the first tour last year. I remember reading an interview years ago where Ed was talking about playing a secret club show or something and said something along the lines of "If you want to try to play some obscure Nick Cave song or something, it'd be nice if it didn't end up all over the place the next day especially if it's not perfect." I think that was the attitude of the solo shows. He's going to play some different stuff & covers, and he wants it to be a special thing for the people in the room, etc.

HOWEVER, we're now on the 3rd tour since then. Ed should have a lot of those songs perfect (he's even screwing up Into the Wild stuff...still??!), and if people want recordings of those shows...well they're out there. The recordings are out there or they will be, and if he wants to do justice to the song....well, practice, man. The youtube thing is a let down. I saw a vid of Hard Sun yesterday morning (before its eventual deletion I'm sure) and man, did it look like a fun time. It's one of the first times I felt like "ah, I see what I'm missing...damn, I wish I went to one of the solo shows." I can understand wanting a video ban. But at this point with audio, they should cut some slack.

I was at the first ever performance of Arc in San Diego 2003, and I'm still pissed they cut it out of the bootleg, too. Semi-related.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,290
    relax.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    BrezBrez Posts: 570
    when a friend leaves their door open every day for 18 years and one day you go to their house and the door is locked and nobody is answering the bell, you have the right to get a little worried.

It will make us feel alot better.

I say this in the least offensive way possible. You need to relax. Worried? An explanation would make you feel better? You don't know these people. You love their music, and I'm sure they really appreciate it, but that is as far as it goes. The band cares for your well-being and all that, but this is business. They are making business decisions right now. Does Eddie knock on your door and complain about whatever financial decisions your making? No. Return that favor.
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Jeanwah wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

Peace and love.

Ramblinpony

We're all free to express our opinions, so as unhappy as you are that people aren't agreeing with you, means Jack to everyone else.

I agree with the OP. A statement from the band would be much appreciated.
    omg wtf is your problem. Are you on crack or something. Unlike you I could give a shit if people agree with me or not or am pushing an agneda like you are. If you looked back in this whole thread which you probably didn't, I actually said the OP bought up very good points instead of just ramblling away like you do. This band doesn't owe us anything, they never have and they never will. If you think they do then maybe you can go bitch and complain and cry bout it on heather's shitty blog I'm sure she can use another "follower". Its just a fucking band its not life or death. Some of you people take this way to serious and its boarder line creepy. I could really careless if the band breaks up today or within the next year. as speedy always says ITS JUST A FUCKING BAND and that's all it really is a BAND(ACT).
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    lostdogs77lostdogs77 Posts: 93
    I actually appreciate the Dewie Cox position on this one. The band or Ten Club has not done anything for everyone to be so upset about. Typically organizations of any kind do not like to release information until things are complete and official. If they were to make a mistake than many people would really have a reason to be pissed. As Kelly Curtis stated in the Billboard interview he wished the info that leaked had not because they intended to release all the details at one time. I have been around since day one and I do not feel the information flow is different of worse than it ever was. It is possible that the band has to be more protective due to camera, cell phone and internet technology. As far as tour updates I think the way the band schedules and promotes tours has changed and it makes things feel different. They are playing smaller tours built around festivals that they did not play in past years. Many of us are also getting older with higher expectations and we probably are getting bitchier. Is that a word? We also need to remember that for PJ to exist they have to maintain commercial interests. It is also easy to forget the band is providing a product/service to hundreds of thousands not just the hundred regulars on here.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Man, with 10C's new censorship rules I better go check my DVR to see if the Conan performance I taped is still on there or if they "removed" it.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,