Options

Chicago Area Walks for Crohn’s & Colitis this Weekend

fraidknotfraidknot Posts: 38
edited June 2009 in A Moving Train
CCFA Walk for Crohn’s & Colitis for Lisle, IL (western suburbs of Chicago) is this weekend and my team and I are walking to raise money and awareness of the digestive diseases that affect millions of Americans. We all know about Mike McCready's challenges with Crohn's, and as someone who's life is directly changed by Colitis, I can tell you that this is a cause worth supporting. Go to the link below and give just a few dollars or so and make a huge difference in many people’s life.

http://online.ccfa.org/goto/JohnReitz

Something most people don’t know about the Crohn’s & Colitis community is how adversely affected children and teens are by the diseases. I’ve met, through my work with the CCFA in Chicago a few of these kids who are facing serious medical complications as a result of their conditions. The CCFA has put a great focus on helping these kids out and I've seen it first hand.

Much of the money raised by the PJ army of fans ends up going back to the Northwest Chapter of the CCFA, and that is great, but locally, you can help out other chapters who can spend the money in their areas directly, or in other major urban centers (LIKE CHICAGO!!!). These Chapters don’t always have the celebrity connections but they have amazing staff's and great local programming for kids and adults to help them with their diseases.

Thank you for any cash you might donate to our team "Bowels of Fury" as we finish up the fundraising drive this week. I know money is tight for a lot of people right now, but give a 5 or 10 dollars and you might be surprised at how good it feels to know you are helping others.

http://online.ccfa.org/goto/JohnReitz

THANKS for putting up with my post.. I know its not super PJ related, or focused on music, but I know the PJ community pretty well and I know you folks can lend a hand...

John
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    thanks for posting this. I had no idea. see you there.