Options

flac question

phillyjamphillyjam Posts: 109
edited June 2009 in The Porch
I have a quick question and was wondering if anyone could help out. I bought the virginia beach show in flac format. I'm trying to save it to my itunes library but can't. I've tried to unzip it, but it won't work. Any suggestions? Thanks. By the way counting down to the tower show next Thursday. Can't wait. Also can't wait until pearl jam announces they'll be playing the Spectrum in October.
E-Cent9/2/00Spectrum4/28/03StateColl.5/3/03 Tor6/28/03Mont6/29/03Tweet 7/5/03,7/6/03Reading10/1/04Borgata10/1/05
Wach.10/3/05Tweet5/27/06,5/28/06
Continental6/3/06,Forum7/9/06,7/10/06, Fonda7/12/06SantaBarb7/13/06SanFran7/16/06 7/18/06Lolla8/5/07Tweet6/19/08,6/20/08,D.C.6/22/08MSG6/25/08Tor8/21/09 Spec 3 shows
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    the easiest way to do this is by using Nero. you can do one of two things:

1. you can burn the FLAC to CD as an audio CD (not data). then when you put the CD in your computer, iTunes will recognize it and ask if you want to add it to the library. click "hell yes."

2. you can use Nero to convert the FLAC to WAV, and then use iTunes to convert the WAV into whatever the iTunes format is (mp4?).

hope that helps. if you dont have Nero, download FLAC FrontEnd (free) and it will let you convert FLAC to WAV.

good luck.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    whgarrettwhgarrett Posts: 574
    I have a mac and I use a program called fluke that allows itunes to play the flac files. I had to download a separate program called stuffit expander to unzip the zip files though. Good Luck. Say No to MP3!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,850
    non-entity wrote:
    the easiest way to do this is by using Nero. you can do one of two things:

1. you can burn the FLAC to CD as an audio CD (not data). then when you put the CD in your computer, iTunes will recognize it and ask if you want to add it to the library. click "hell yes."

2. you can use Nero to convert the FLAC to WAV, and then use iTunes to convert the WAV into whatever the iTunes format is (mp4?).

hope that helps. if you dont have Nero, download FLAC FrontEnd (free) and it will let you convert FLAC to WAV.

good luck.

thumbsup.gif
  • Options
    I use DBpoweramp and it's free!
    Straight down the center for a hot chicken dinner!
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    FLAC frontend is what I use, never had any issues
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    twojawastwojawas Posts: 318
    Winamp converts FLAC to WAV as well:

http://www.simplehelp.net/2006/08/14/ho ... g-windows/

Always remember that Google is your friend. You will find both your answers there.
  • Options
    BMoore09BMoore09 Posts: 177

Yah, just use dbpoweramp and convert it to a format that itunes recognizes. if you want to keep the quality the same, convert it to a lossless format (not mp3). Like a wav or something. Or APPLE LOSSLESS
    West Palm Beach I, WPB II, Tampa, New Orleans, Memphis, Nashville 2000
    West Palm Beach 2003
    Tampa 2003
    The VIC - Chicago 2007
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Tampa 2008
    Ed Solo 2008 NYC
    Philly 10/30/2009
    Columbus 2010
  • Options
    BMoore09 wrote:

Yah, just use dbpoweramp and convert it to a format that itunes recognizes. if you want to keep the quality the same, convert it to a lossless format (not mp3). Like a wav or something. Or APPLE LOSSLESS

I use Apple Lossless.
    Straight down the center for a hot chicken dinner!