Nope...I'm not getting the album...but I AM getting my free Dr Pepper! :D
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    Nope...I'm not getting the album...but I AM getting my free Dr Pepper! :D

word on that!
    http://emoticons4u.com/img/party.gif
    model role model
  • Options
    im kinda looking forward to hearing it. Axl is an awesome writer, so i will give it a spin. Damn right im getting my dr pepper
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    14 years and it sounds CRAP!!!!
    well what i have heard, a couple of alright things but crap overall!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    I've got it pre-ordered from bb.com. So I'll probably rip it and flip it on ebay :)
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    i'm gonna get this one illegally

for real sure
    ########################
    Celebration, the ball's in play
  • Options
    Not me.
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Probably not. I haven't heard the new material but most reviews haven't been kind. Surely it won't be anything near the old stuff.
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I'll give it a shot....hey, if Metallica can make a very good record after St. Anger...maybe Axel has some bullets left in his gun.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Not interested in the least.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    I'll buy it. The man wrote Rocket Queen and Coma. I owe it to him.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Options
    i'll pick it up
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    Yep...out on the 23rd.
  • Options
    NewDamageNewDamage Posts: 1,913
    I'm buying it.
    I am lost, I'm no guide. But I'm by your side...

8/25/92, 10/4/96, 10/5/96, 9/1/98, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/16/08
  • Options
    chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    GNR were the band that turned me on to the world of rock music.. still love them, gonna buy it for sure.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    I absolutely loved Guns N' Roses back in the day, but I didn't go see them tour with the new band and I can't see myself buying the record. Now if they reunite for a tour than I will definitely hit it up!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    where can i hear somethign besides chinese democracy (the song)? because it fucking sucks, but maybe the rest is ok.
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:
    where can i hear somethign besides chinese democracy (the song)? because it fucking sucks, but maybe the rest is ok.

here is the song Better (sound quality sucks, but you get the idea):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl0vr49b_XM
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:

bit torrent
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Nothing absolutely mindblowing, but from what I have heard, should shape up to be a pretty good album.

I will probably get the vinyl.
  • Options
    already preordered (cd version) from best buy...can't wait til it gets here as I havent listened to any of the leaks since I heard the album was actually coming out
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,692
    A collegue of mine scored an advanced copy which was sent out to the press on Friday afternoon.

We gave it a spin and were collectively underwhelmed

I've got to say though...the first couple of licks of Chinese Democracy sounded promising...it had me interested...but it soon deterirated into a big overblown mess.

It's a horrible song.

I think Axl is a giant turd sandwich for calling this project a Guns N' Roses album.

"Identity Crisis" would have been a more fitting title.

You can tell Axl has been listening to ALOT of Nine Inch Nails and Hip Hop. However calling Chinese Democracy a mixture of both Nine Inch Nails and Hip Hop...would be flat out insulting to Trent Reznor; and I'm not going to do that.

The album is overproduced and extremely pretentious; what else could you expect for an album that has taken nearly 15 years to make.

Some tracks literally have like 5-7 guitar tracks going at once. It may sound like a chocolate sundae for guitar fans...but it's not

It's like down syndrome put to muisc.

Sorry Folks
    This is not your parents Guns N' Roses.
  • Options
    I may have to hear more than one track before I decide.

I wonder if you can get a free Dr. Peppers if you order copies from the Net. I don't think the postman will be happy delivering liquids especially fizzy pop that may explode (it's the drink I'm talking about not GnR).
    Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun - W.H. Auden
  • Options
    Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    I've been listening to the leaks since 2006, so I gotta get it...
  • Options

I wonder if you can get a free Dr. Peppers if you order copies from the Net. I don't think the postman will be happy delivering liquids especially fizzy pop that may explode (it's the drink I'm talking about not GnR).

LOL, i don't they'll be mailing you an actual Dr. Pepper. They'll probably just send you a coupon to use at your local corner store.
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,692

Something tells me that they can't ship that kind of thing through the mail. Maybe you'll get a coupon for a free Dr. Pepper or something in it's place :)

The advance copy didn't come with any Dr. Pepper so we grabbed one out of the soda machine before we gave the disc a spin.
  • Options
    I love every track off of the album. I think its one of the greatest albums I have ever heard...

This I Love, and Street of Dreams are my two favourite tracks on the album.
  • Options

You don't have to buy the album at all to get the free Dr. Pepper. You just fill out an online form anytime after 11/23 to get your voucher.

And for the record, this album is amazing, regardless of how long it took or whether or not it's the "real" GN'R.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    depends on the reviews/ what friends say- its a toss up for me as of right now
  • Options
    I'll be getting it. It's not Guns N' Roses as far as I'm concerned, but Axl is talented enough for me to give it a chance even if he is a douche.