Direct PJ references in movies/tv

Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
edited January 2008 in The Porch
I watched Die Hard 4 the other night and I thought it was cool how they threw in that PJ reference. Anyway, I was wondering if there are any other PJ references in movies or tv that I don't know about. These are other that I've seen:

1. The Simpsons has had at least mentioned PJ two times. Jimbo holding a sign reading "Alien dude need two tickets to Pearl Jam" and the episode where the Simpsons go to China, a chinese man asks Homer, "Why hasn't Pearl Jam come to China?" (Or something like that.)
2. Some Julia Roberts movie about a character going to a PJ concert.
3. On SNL, both Adam Salder and Jimmy Fallon have parodied PJ songs. Sadler - "Even Flow" , Fallon - "Alive."
Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brain Of E wrote:
    I watched Die Hard 4 the other night and I thought it was cool how they threw in that PJ reference. Anyway, I was wondering if there are any other PJ references in movies or tv that I don't know about. These are other that I've seen:

1. The Simpsons has had at least mentioned PJ two times. Jimbo holding a sign reading "Alien dude need two tickets to Pearl Jam" and the episode where the Simpsons go to China, a chinese man asks Homer, "Why hasn't Pearl Jam come to China?" (Or something like that.)
    2. Some Julia Roberts movie about a character going to a PJ concert.
    3. On SNL, both Adam Salder and Jimmy Fallon have parodied PJ songs. Sadler - "Even Flow" , Fallon - "Alive."

The Julia Roberts Movie was Stepmom, also starring Susan Sarandon - hetero-lifemate of Tim Robbins.
    - Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • In the movie "Can't Hardly Wait," a couple guys want to break up with their girlfriends but don't once they learn that one of the girls' fathers got them all Pearl Jam tickets.

And in Wayne's World 2, Wayne suggests Aerosmith, Pearl Jam, Van Halen and a man carving a kayak out of wood as possible performers at Waynestock
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    Brain Of E wrote:
    I watched Die Hard 4 the other night and I thought it was cool how they threw in that PJ reference.
    What's the reference in DH4?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • LukinFan wrote:
    What's the reference in DH4?

Theres a scene where Die Hard and the guy from the Apple commercials are driving around in a car. Die Hard puts on some CCR on the radio and the Apple guy starts talking about how thats old people music and during his little rant about the changing styles of music through time, he brings up Pearl Jam as a marker for the 90's.
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    return to house on haunted hill - lady talks about interview with pearl jam being on hold

brady movie- marcia is harder to get into than a pearl jam concert

house guest - sin bad offers students at a presentation pearl jam tickets to get out of dodge.
  • fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    on the HBO series 'flight of the conchords' one of the main characters, Bret, talks about how he wishes he could be as big as other bands like the Bee Gees and Pearl Jam.
  • rudiger10rudiger10 Posts: 129
    And in Wayne's World 2, Wayne suggests Aerosmith, Pearl Jam, Van Halen and a man carving a kayak out of wood as possible performers at Waynestock

During The credits you can actually see them get out of a limo at waynestock and walk toward the stage
    My god its been so long, never dreamed we'd return.
  • rudiger10 wrote:
    During The credits you can actually see them get out of a limo at waynestock and walk toward the stage

it's not really them. it's just look-a-likes. the real Aerosmith does show up though
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
    http://popular.abels.us/pearljam/

That should about sum it up. :)
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    mbangel10 wrote:
    http://popular.abels.us/pearljam/

That should about sum it up. :)

thread killer :(

BUT Jerry Mcguire is not listed there. There is a magnet on the fridge in a scene in this movie. (home alive compilation record)

The butterfly effect one seems wrong to me, i think it is just a picture of the hourglass
    nebula on the wall and nothing really to do with pj.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
    thread killer :(

BUT Jerry Mcguire is not listed there. There is a magnet on the fridge in a scene in this movie. (home alive compilation record)

The butterfly effect one seems wrong to me, i think it is just a picture of the hourglass
    nebula on the wall and nothing really to do with pj.

Sorry, I just knew of the site....

They also neglected this one: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/mbangel10/buffy712_685.jpg

I'm sure there are many more than what the site lists....
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • Oh, I just remembered another one. There was that TV show that John Ritter was on just before he passed away, one of the girls that played his daughter had a stickman poster in her room.
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Brain Of E wrote:
    Jimbo holding a sign reading "Alien dude need two tickets to Pearl Jam"

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/cap084.jpg

hehehehehe :D
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    Brain Of E wrote:
    Oh, I just remembered another one. There was that TV show that John Ritter was on just before he passed away, one of the girls that played his daughter had a stickman poster in her room.

8 rules for dating my teenage daughter. long live jack tripper.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    In TV show, "Parker Lewis Can't Lose" Parker Lewis said that PJ TEN is the worst album ever- not an exact quote, but I remember him saying something like that.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    it's Adam Sandler... not sadler
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    Brain Of E wrote:
    Theres a scene where Die Hard and the guy from the Apple commercials are driving around in a car. Die Hard puts on some CCR on the radio and the Apple guy starts talking about how thats old people music and during his little rant about the changing styles of music through time, he brings up Pearl Jam as a marker for the 90's.

wasn't it funny when the guy they're after is talking to Warlock and he looks at him after Bruce Willis says something and says something like, "see what I'm dealing with?" that was so funny.

at first I couldn't think of who the guy reminded me of until I realized that it was that character that Jimmy Fallon played on SNL who also was a computer wiz.

and yeah, I got the PJ reference as well when I watched it but then when I first read the post about PJ references I forgot just what it was.......thanks for reminding me............
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    they mentioned Pearl Jam on Attack of the Show on G4 last night i think is when it was. I forget exactly what they were talking about, but they said something about 1991 having these events or thing happen that year and one of them was Pearl Jam released Ten!

did i ramble enough?
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    Slip Kid wrote:
    why, oh why, is this necessary?

ps, the person you are correcting actually spelled it salder too :)
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • BrezBrez Posts: 570
    Celebrity Deathmatch
    "Celebrity Deathmatch, that infamous claymation wrestling show. We have Eddie Vedder pitted against Creed's Scott Stapp in an argument over whose vocal chords are whose. Ironically, Scott Weiland (Mike says it was Tom Waits) shows up in the middle telling Stapp that he stole Eddie's voice FIRST. After a rather gruesome 5 minutes, it does end in a Vedder Victory. "

My favorite one from that website lol
    And before his first step... He's off again...
    mbangel10 wrote:

What is the reference there? Am I blind?
  • i remember watching a seinfeld episode back when the first 2 volumes on dvd came out and i had on the notes about nothing and one of the notes had to do with that particular episode of seinfeld premiered the same day that eddie vedder was arrested for public drunkeness or something to that extent. i cant remember exactly which episode it was though
  • Not positive why, but Eddie Vedder was thanked in all the CKY and atleast 1 of the Jackass videos.

Also saw an old ass episode of Murphy Brown that mentioned Pearl Jam hitting the stage with Neil Young to perform RITFW.. i don't remember the quote exactly, but it completely caught me off guard when I heard it.
  • Brez wrote:
    What is the reference there? Am I blind?

Took me a minute too and I had to move around to see it on my monitor.. The poster in the background :D
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • They say on sportscenter alot "what eddie vedder is to pearl jam, tony romo is to the cowboys"
  • Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    duggro wrote:
    why, oh why, is this necessary?

ps, the person you are correcting actually spelled it salder too :)

I just wanted to point that out because it's Sandler, the poster was close
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • Slip Kid wrote:

LMAO!! I didn't even realize I did that.
  • it might be obvious but what about the movie Singles by WB? they play as band members of citizen dick, matt dillons band,it's fun to watch and see where they show up, also pj song at the end of one scrubs season, there is always room for more pj on tv!
    03 bristow,04 reading,05 toronto,05 phillie,06 camden,06 dc,07 chicago,08 dc,08 camden,09 philliex2,10 bristow
    eddie solo 08 dc,09 balt, 11 phillie
    Took me a minute too and I had to move around to see it on my monitor.. The poster in the background :D

Thanks.
  • it might be obvious but what about the movie Singles by WB? they play as band members of citizen dick, matt dillons band,it's fun to watch and see where they show up, also pj song at the end of one scrubs season, there is always room for more pj on tv!

oh yea i remember that, it was "long road" on scrubs, and then there was yellow ledbetter on friends.