Options

fate intervenes.

low_lightlow_light Posts: 251
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Have a nice little story.

Back in 1997 I bought a 1979 Custom Les Paul Cherry Sunburst from a guy named Brent at guitar center.

1999 I sold it to a friend who came in yesterday to sell it back to Guitar center. The same guy who sold it to me originally bought it back from the guy I sold it to.....

Following me? im not sure I am now.. hehe.

anyway, My old guitar i never wanted to get rid of has found its way back to me. I put it on layaway and am going to own it once again.

ahh... I missed my old LP. It found its way back to me.

-low
www.myspace.com/eotoband
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    that's awesome. i know there are a couple things i want back from years past.
  • Options
    casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    Now for what really matters: did you pay a lot more now than then?
  • Options
    I Love a Good Love Story.
    DO <> RE <> MI FA <> SOL <> LA <> SI DO
    1 <> 2 <> 3 4 <> 5 <> 6 <> 7 8
  • Options
    nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Thats cool man.......weird, but definately very cool. The moral of this story is....."never get rid of something if deep down you really want to keep it"
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • Options
    low_lightlow_light Posts: 251
    I am paying 1500 for it. I paid more when I first bought it. hehe. anyway its good stuff.

I was thinking about putting in new pickups. Maybe a 57 in the neck and a #1 in the bridge.

The old pickups are dying I think. Sound very muddy.

-d
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Nice David, Check the cost on Seymour Duncan Seth Lovers.

Should cost you about 19 bucks a piece if they are the same price they were a couple years ago. For under 50 bucks, that thing will smoke. Or you could go a little more expensive and get the Duncan Antiquities. Pretty nice to get cost on all those P/U's. To bad you guys don't sell fralins.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.