Options

my loop bypass box

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
is at $51US. damn, i should have made more of them.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Kick ass. Still way under what the 1 an hour chinese sweatshops charge.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    too bad they took so damn long to make. i have a one loop version up now and one A/B box left and then everything's gone.
  • Options
    yeah, you could always make a few more later, and number them to make them more valuable. GC Pedals, custom switcher.....#1 Holy Crap!!!!!
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    did you ever notice yours was signed on the inside?

the A/B boxes were numbered. the loop bypasses weren't.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    did you ever notice yours was signed on the inside?

the A/B boxes were numbered. the loop bypasses weren't.

yeah, I opened it. it's cool. I may use the aux to the record input on my BR-532 so I can switch between the Orange and amp models. I've been getting off my ass and recording lately. It's been fun, but nothing good has really come up yet. No words.
  • Options
    Hey Exhausted
    Hey Paco,
    Hope all is well!

So, exhausted, you're the bypassing, switching A/B looping pedal maker. I'll buy one if you're still making pedals.
    A grumpy cockatiel pedal means more than a factory thing. And the lower the serial number the better.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

i've found a guy to jam with a bit here which is fun. unfortunately, both times we've jammed so far have been during my parties and i've been wasted beyond belief. being a week night, i should be able to stay sober this evening.

i'm also amassing songs to do another set of recordings. also trying to learn enough covers to go play bars again for a while.
  • Options
    Originally posted by who's_pearljam?
    Hey Exhausted
    Hey Paco,
    Hope all is well!

So, exhausted, you're the bypassing, switching A/B looping pedal maker. I'll buy one if you're still making pedals.
    A grumpy cockatiel pedal means more than a factory thing. And the lower the serial number the better.

i have one left that hasn't been spoken for yet. it think it's #3 or something. it's got one common effect loop for both outputs.
  • Options
    HI Rob. I hope you are good too.

Ex, that's great. I did get my buddies playing but he's to busy having sex with his girlfriend to practice.

I on the other hand don't have that problem.
  • Options
    Hmm, is it an a/b switch with a tuner circuit?

Dude, Your boxes were being talked about in Nepal!
    ( well by 4 American people ) ,,, won't be long, you'll be international.
    Be kind, man

i'd like to keep making them but it's cutting into my playing time way too much.
  • Options
    I hear you on cutting into playing time. When you're on a roll with that,,,, much better, make boxes anytime!

I've never gotten around to snagging a dry tuner box, and always meant to get one!,,,,, I mean I've been putting it off for who know's, 20 years. So I guess it's high time I get off my ass and buy one from you!
    Does it kill the circuit to the amps to tune up on stage? Because I like as little as possible between my guitar and my 65 reverb, and that would be perfect.
    Be kind, man
    I hear you on cutting into playing time. When you're on a roll with that,,,, much better, make boxes anytime!

I've never gotten around to snagging a dry tuner box, and always meant to get one!,,,,, I mean I've been putting it off for who know's, 20 years. So I guess it's high time I get off my ass and buy one from you!
    Does it kill the circuit to the amps to tune up on stage? Because I like as little as possible between my guitar and my 65 reverb, and that would be perfect.

yep. It does. but for whatever reason my tuner dosen't work with it. The jack works fine.

that tuner sucks anyway I want another one. A peterson would look great.
  • Options
    Can you buy one of those in Tahiti?
    You probably have more electricity there, than they do in Nepal!

And how's Marlon Brando doing over there. I bet you can't miss him on the beach!
    Be kind, man

anyway rob, if you want it, just say the word and i'll rescue it from the music store. it's sitting behind the counter there for people to play with. no one's bought it to my knowledge.

the signal goes like this:

guitar -> switch {tuner out or effect send jack} -> pop any effects you want in the loop -> effect return jack -> switch (A or B)

if you don't use effects, you can just jumper the send and return with a short patch cable.
  • Options
    I only wish I was in tahiti.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i can't figure out why yours doesn't work paco. i tested it and, like you say, the jack works. strange.

anyway rob, if you want it, just say the word and i'll rescue it from the music store. it's sitting behind the counter there for people to play with. no one's bought it to my knowledge.

the signal goes like this:

guitar -> switch {tuner out or effect send jack} -> pop any effects you want in the loop -> effect return jack -> switch (A or B)

if you don't use effects, you can just jumper the send and return with a short patch cable.

I'll buy it if it hasn't sold, but if it's a demo to show others, I don't want to cut into your sales presentation!

( I'm Bob by the way )

There are a F*** of a lot of Roberts in the world from my era. I started as a Rob, but there are so many I was dubbed Bob
    Be kind, man

Tahiti is very very nice. Now I want to go!
    I'm off to Mali after thanksgiving. A little different atmosphere.

I think

I bet!
    Be kind, man
    okey dokey, i'll call and make sure it hasn't sold. it's not really a sales presentation to them since to get them to sell them i'd have to make a bunch, send them to their buyers etc. etc. and i just don't have time.
  • Options
    it went for $61. the guy that bought it bought an A/B box too.

people keep writing me and asking if i have more. which, sadly, i don't. i just steer them to loooper.
  • Options
    wow. good job. 61. Maybe you should think about making a few more.