Options

Tom Delonge Strat

Doug RDoug R Posts: 34
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anyone like these? I'm Not a great player by any means but have played for about 20 years and picked one of these up a few months ago and I love it...Nice retro seafoam color...Feel free to rip it if there is something you know that I dont..The neck just feels so good on it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    it's kind of in the same vein as a SG junior with a really hot pickup.

One knob, Loud. It's a pretty cool guitar.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Less to break, not much to suck away the tone! The price is right!

I built a strat like thing once with neck pickup to a jack, bridge pickup to another jack. No volume or switches or nothing but an a/b kill switch on the guitar, each cord went to a different amp. no clicky scratchy noises, tone was great.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    Less to break, not much to suck away the tone! The price is right!

I built a strat like thing once with neck pickup to a jack, bridge pickup to another jack. No volume or switches or nothing but an a/b kill switch on the guitar, each cord went to a different amp. no clicky scratchy noises, tone was great.

that sounds cool. sound *Kicks Ass in Stereo*
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Home made stereo no less! At one point, we hard wired one of the pickups to the cords, that way, no jack. Too hard to put the guitar back in the case though, and when you trip on the cord, the whole guitar goes to the floor!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    Well, I live 90% of the time in my bridge pickup, and a high-gain model like the Seymour Duncan Invader is a damned good pickup to live in. I would hate to have something named for Blink 182, but that guitar IS built right, and IS a nice, simple tone machine. I actually wish I could say something bad about it, but it does what it's supposed to. Of course, besides punk and surf, it doesn't have much versatility... no jazz with that thing, you know? No Texas blues. It does what it does, and that's it. I also like the single volume/no tone wiring.

I've been recently doodling on a custom-model guitar, sort of a cross between a Tele and a Gibson Explorer, with a single humbucker at the bridge (I would pick a Gibson Classic '57, though).
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    well, it LOOKS totally wicked... :)
    PresiWAH of the Evenflow Fan Club
    Don't need a hand, there's always arms attached.
    Don't get behind I can't fall back.
    Why must we trust all these rusted rails?
    They don't want no change. We already have.