Options

This looks pretty damn Coo...

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Bruce is a really nice guy too... he was cutting MASSIVE deals on his "Boost-E-A" last week...
  • Options
    Originally posted by MissUAlready
    Bruce is a really nice guy too... he was cutting MASSIVE deals on his "Boost-E-A" last week...

how much?

I like that boost.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    I think he had some for 89 bucks...
  • Options
    wow, that's a great deal. do you have his website?
  • Options
    I also have a Nine Volt Nirvana Bronto Boost Junior for 110 bucks if youre interested...

BrontoJr.jpg
  • Options
    cool, I just don't need a boost right now. I'm looking for a compressor a delay and some form of vibe.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    So, it has a TS-9, a DS-1, and a Death Metal somethingorother. Not bad.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    seriously, how much gain can one really use. talk about mush.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted

And that's why I live in Tube Screamer Ville. A boost, a bit of crackle, and all tone.
  • Options

yeah only the first two channels interest me. To be honest I can do all of that with my Keeley Rat. I guess I just don't realize how clean and useable it is.
  • Options
    Well, it would be nice for someone in a cover band who needed a clean tone and three distortions. Put that in front of a Fender Twin, and you wouldn't need any stinkin' POD.
  • Options
    Does anybody know if this http://www.pedalgeek.com/cgi-bin/new_shop.cgi?config=&uid=DJZ1gwAA1067636850&command=link--tb2 pedal is any good?

the sound clips sound really good and i doubt any store around here has it.
    When this just feels like spinning plates.
  • Options
    It's not one I'm familiar with... but if the sound clips are what you're aiming for...

Me, I'd sorta be hesitant to purchase something after only seeing a cartoon representation of the real thing. For that price, you could get a Keeley DS-1 or Baked TS-9.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    It's not one I'm familiar with... but if the sound clips are what you're aiming for...

Me, I'd sorta be hesitant to purchase something after only seeing a cartoon representation of the real thing. For that price, you could get a Keeley DS-1 or Baked TS-9.

sadly, that's actually what the jacques pedals look like. tokais look better than that.

and quit knocking my POD. :)
  • Options
    and quit knocking my POD. :)

Well, now, *somebody's* gettin' fussy...
  • Options
    about Jacques. Hey maybe the Tonka Truck look is in in France, besides it looks rubber. You could probably pour beer on it an it would work.

The damn Phone out boost jack is tempting no matter what it looks like.

It'd be cool if someone made a fuzz bomb in a custom box that looked like dog shit. They could call it the Shit Box.
  • Options
    Soooo....It's not a good pedal?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlindMelonade
    Soooo....It's not a good pedal?

it is a good pedal. it just looks like ass.
  • Options
    it is a good pedal. it just looks like ass.

Looks don't mean a damn thing.

But really, would i be better off with another pedal, it sounds just like i want a pedal to sound, but i want to know if that's really how it sounds.
  • Options

But really, would i be better off with another pedal, it sounds just like i want a pedal to sound, but i want to know if that's really how it sounds.

sound clips are always a crap shoot. how was it recorded, what kind of guitar/amp etc. etc.? buying anything without trying it in person is a risk but sometimes that's the only option.
  • Options

well the thing is there are a million ways you can go for a high gain pedal. This was cool to me because of the three seperate channels, but in all honesty any number of custom builders can get you the same sound. It will sound good. It's all about quality in components. I don't need the red. If you need an booster/crunch/distortion. This should be great. I prefer Keeley and barber stuff myself.

http://www.barberelectronics.com may has some other pedals in the same vein you may be interested in.
  • Options

Well, it won't sound the same as a TS-9, a DS-1, and a Fuzz Face in a chain together. Which it is designed to be (Green = Tube Screamer, Yellow = DS-1, Red = Fuzz). If you want a three-in-one box, that's fine, but you sacrifice something for the advantages you gain. There's a reason why single pedals sell better than multi-FX units...

It probably sounds good, and the sound clips are *probably* accurate (like exhausted said, it depends on the guitar and amp, not to mention mics, preamps, and interface/software) but I would have a hard time buying something without a chance to demo the model, unless it was a name I trusted completely (like Fender Custom Shop, Robert Keeley, AnalogMan, etc). You'll be taking a slight chance. See if they have any sort of return policy if you aren't satisfied, or if the sound clips misled you.
  • Options
    http://www.barberelectronics.com/Tweaks%20page.htm

Direct Drive
    wonderful cheap and simple TS-808 style pedal. Even has a tweeks page. I love the sound. Very Fat, Very Clean Boost, to raging overdrive, tons of volume. Note the Film Caps, that's where the clarity comes from.
  • Options
    Anyone ever play on one of these:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=031106223900150131025216379806/g=guitar/search/detail/base_id/48586

They have a great reputation (hell, they built the Tube Screamers for how many years?) but I've never plugged one in. How do they compare to a stock TS-9? To a Keeley/AnalogMan 808 mod?
  • Options
    Anyone ever play on one of these:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=031106223900150131025216379806/g=guitar/search/detail/base_id/48586

They have a great reputation (hell, they built the Tube Screamers for how many years?) but I've never plugged one in. How do they compare to a stock TS-9? To a Keeley/AnalogMan 808 mod?

I'd rather have a direct drive for 99 bucks. Is it good yes. Does it blow away a standard TS-9. No doubt. But the IC is just a miniscule part of the problem. most of the tone and body come from the caps, and resistors. The reason Analog Mike and Robert Keeleys mods sound so good is because they replace all that and in many cases the entire signal paths. That's why the modders sound so good. check out the direct drive. At 99 bucks, I really challenge you to beat it. there are some sound clips on the sight. Jason Barker tells you how he recorded them.

http://www.steelbender.com/spotlight.html

enjoy!
  • Options
    I still think I'd take the Keeley mods... I would miss having that pea-green buddy at my feet. I have just always been curious about those Maxon pedals. Have you actually played on one?
  • Options
    I still think I'd take the Keeley mods... I would miss having that pea-green buddy at my feet. I have just always been curious about those Maxon pedals. Have you actually played on one?

everyone that has played an Ibanez has played a maxon. They are one in the same. Maxon has built Ibanez for years. Supposedly these new Ri's are built well. Guyatone is in the same family that makes them. I trust them. It's like Sammick. They build everybody elses stuff why not release their own line.

but you want a blues breaker or a JTM-45,

here it is. built correctly for once.

http://www.steelbender.com/spotlightgermino.html