Options

Help!

Scoot82Scoot82 Posts: 78
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
I was changing my strings for the first time on my acoustic-electric guitar and as i as pulling the peg out with pliers, the top of the peg snapped off, leaving the rest of the peg in the guitar. In fear on the neck warping without strings on, i put the rest on the strings on (probably a bad move). I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what i should do? Thank you.
Well, it's one louder, isn't it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    anyone please??
    Well, it's one louder, isn't it?
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    hey scoot, no problem. Remove the strings on your guitar, it will not warp as long as you make sure that the humidity and temperature are fairly constant, IE don't leave it in the sun and don't leave it in your car. Take the strings off, get a flashlight, and feel around under the bridge on your guitar. When you find the broken peg push it out with your finger and go to your local store to buy a new peg set, they aren't expensive. Then buy a peg puller for around 99 cents. Pliers as you have found can break pegs, though I use them too sometimes. Good luck. P
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.