Options

Awesome band!

Ed MingerEd Minger Posts: 8
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hate blink182, good charlotte, how about all other new music?

So do these guys... (and they don't suck)

CharmDragon:
Micah Heflen on lead guitar and lead vocals.
Mike Kloss on bass.
Conner Rushton on Rythm Guitar.
And Ryan Johnson on the drums.

they are all 16, about to turn 17...they play nothing like punk...they don't play any one type of music. They all got together and played some Jazz for an assembly at school, these guys know music, they know what they are doing.

Mostly they are heavy metal, but they have a lot of softer stuff. Some stuff that kind of sounds like some Dave Mathews, one song that sounds like it could have been a Pearl Jam b-side. They have sold like 500 cd's at like 6-10 bucks, that's in a town with 2,000 people, so that is very good. They blow away every band that they play with...they need some recognition...I don't know what to do, everyone that hears them knows that they are something special... but they don't have a website so, how can I get them heard? And please don't say radio.
Livin' life, like we the people, like we always do.
Spinning 'round with it, up's and downs with it, doin' what we all do.
Feeling feelings, and dealin' dealings, doin' what we can.
Smile bright... fuckin' say "hello," that'll help your fellow man!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    djyman15djyman15 Posts: 181
    well, i know you said not to say radio, but college and high radio is huge, and fairly easy to get on. Im a DJ at a high school radio station, and we get a lot of stuff played. Furthermore, we fill out sheets and send them to magazines, telling them that we played them, and how often.. If you send your CDs out to campuses (or rather, "campi") you got a shot. I know you said they dont have a website, but maybe you could send some mp3s into some sites with a description of their sound. There is a good chance that you wont just get blown off. The internet has created an outlet for people that actually do still care about the music. However despite all that, Id tell them just to play as many venues as possible. Again, try to get on college and high school campuses. Young people arent as bastardy as old people, and they will spread the word if they like the sound. Not to mention you never know when a big time band is in town and they want to goto a bar to see a show
    "Even if your heart would listen, I doubt I could explain"-Jimmy Eat World