Options

i think i found a good clean boost pedal

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    http://www.barberelectronics.com Check out the Launch Pad.

internal 24v clean boost. Imagine the harmonics.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    that's a pharaoh amps Class A boost.

I've demoed his compressor. Matt is a cool guy.

http://www.pharaohamps.com
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    fortunately, the level side of the keeley comp will do essentially the same thing for me.

this is a good deal though.
  • Options
    yeah. the keeley comp will actually give you more clean because of the compression and it's damn loud. The Rat will tear your head off. One day perhaps I will own one too or at least get my Dyna Comp Rossified.

I wish I could get a paint job on it to look like Diana Ross's face so I could stomp on it everytime I needed compression.

did you check out the launch pad with the switchable inputs for fender amps?
  • Options
    yeah, that launch pad looks really cool.

i'm switching between channels now on my deluxe but the ability to combine them would be gravy.
  • Options
    how are you switching channels. Vibrato and Clean?
  • Options
    with my A/B box.

one output goes to the dry channel and one goes to the vibrato channel. the dry channel is overdriven more.
  • Options
    ah. that's what I suspected. I was going to suggest that. you want another reverb I guess?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    ah. that's what I suspected. I was going to suggest that. you want another reverb I guess?

yes. thus my search for a holy grail.
  • Options
    choose wisely the wrong choice will bring you death.
  • Options
    once the keeley goods arrive, my sparkle drive and whatever reverb i find will go in front of the dry channel and i'll be good to go.

if i hadn't bought the keeley comp, i would have been all over this pharaoh boost.
  • Options
    I think the keeley will do more for you for what you want it to do. A booster is very nice before a distortion. You should hear what the direct drive and the rat work toegther. very nice edge and at almost not audible. Pharaoh also has that germanium booster for 99 bucks that seems cool. I'm such a sucker for shiny brushed aluminum.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    What about Seymour?

http://www.seymourduncan.com/website/products/effectsdescr.shtml

the Launch Pad is much better esp. for old fenders.
    http://www.barberelectronics.com
  • Options
    You mean for old Fender guitars, or old Fender amps? The Duncan model is designed to fatten up the tone of a Strat or Tele to match the output (and the tone) to a Les Paul or other humbucker-guitar. I would agree if you mean old Fender amps (the Duncan model seems aimed squarely at the Marshall crowd, with a slight nod to the Mesa Boogie faction). Still, the Duncan seems like a great model.
  • Options
    fender Amps.
    I

like the p/u impedence at around 7k.

12k and higher and it gets all muddy. I want clean I just want it louder.
  • Options
    From the site:
    Output impedance: 5K ohms
  • Options
    WOts a boOST PEDAl
  • Options
    Originally posted by MONKEYNUTS
    WOts a boOST PEDAl

A booster pedal takes a signal (usually an electric guitar with weak pickups, like a Strat or Tele or a Danelectro with lipstick pickups) and makes it louder. It can be used to match weak-volume guitars with higher-volume guitars (match a Tele to a Les Paul) or just fatten up the tone. Can be great for leads, click it on and you get just enough louder to be heard clearly. Can also drive a single-channel tube amp a little harder, make it distort easier. I guess they can be used for a lot of things, but all they're really designed to do is make the guitar louder.
  • Options
    so IS THAT Y WEN a lead GUIATrist is solOIN U can HEAR the solo very CLEArLy But WEN HES PLAYiN RYThem iT JUST BLENDS IN witH the oTher iNSTRUMENTS?
  • Options
    That's one good way to make it work...