Options

Hardest PJ song to play

Brain of JodieBrain of Jodie Posts: 200
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
For you guitarists and bass players - what PJ song do you think is the hardest to play? Also i'm curious - can anyone play Yellow Ledbetter? I don't know that much about guitars but to me it looks/sounds like an incredibly hard song to play - i can't imagine anyone but Mike being able to do it for some reason!
I don't have to sell my soul, he's already in me

If you've lost your faith in love and music the end won't be long
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yellow ledbetter isnt too bad. id say that the toughest ones are maybe deep or sleight of hand. id say sleight of hand only becuase i cant find a decent tab for it.
    "I'm like an opening band for the sun..." -EV
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i can't play anything stone wrote. stone is a demon.
  • Options
    YL is basically a three chord pattern, but you have to have some finger technique to pull it of. Great song to improvise around!

Exhausted, I agree, I can't play the riff's to Animal and Once. They are easy on paper, but I can't nail the rythm.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    well, i *can* play the acoustic part to daughter i guess. but that's it.

i honestly haven't tried to learn a pj song in years. apart from some ed songs.
  • Options
    GouletGoulet Posts: 918
    you just have to get REALLY funky if you want to play stone's songs, but it takes a lot of work, a lot of plaid pants, a lot of black socks, and you have to wear glasses...
  • Options
    yellow ledbetter isnt too hard.....given to fly is one i havent gotten yet
    if i had known then what i know now...
  • Options
    GouletGoulet Posts: 918
    Originally posted by pjleash67
    yellow ledbetter isnt too hard.....given to fly is one i havent gotten yet

if you tune your guitar different given to fly is actually pretty easy...i think the correct tuning is at http://www.giventowail.com
  • Options
    rickprickp Posts: 219
    Originally posted by Leknuk58
    yellow ledbetter isnt too bad. id say that the toughest ones are maybe deep or sleight of hand. id say sleight of hand only becuase i cant find a decent tab for it.

there's a decent tab at giventowail under the LIve Songs (2003) section.. i just gotta link it to the album
  • Options
    The "Cant Keep" Guitar Tab I have seen looks evil.
    "Is there room for both of us, both of us apart?"
  • Options
    There is a really good version of Yellow Led at http://www.giventowail.com that someone on this board may have done. its on the RELEASE ME fan's cover PJ songs link.

check it out. it's all instrumental. but its the best Ive heard a fan do so far.

-low
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    Originally posted by Porchvs10
    The "Cant Keep" Guitar Tab I have seen looks evil.

that song sucked tabbing :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by rickp
    there's a decent tab at giventowail under the LIve Songs (2003) section.. i just gotta link it to the album
    thanks alot. that is a good tab. what a moving song
    "I'm like an opening band for the sun..." -EV
  • Options
    I have trouble playing Deep on bass... and I can't get the rhythm to Push Me Pull Me too... it's only a basic line for bass, but I've tried it many times over and over and I just can't get it together... hehe... it's the elusive song for me... hehe.
    "...to love some silly piece of music... or some band so much that it hurts"
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 19
    i remember looking at a garden tab, that looked intense, and mikey has a hard scale to work with in the solo.
    Sorry... i got nothing witty to say in the time allotted to me.

• Options
    "Go",screw that tuning!
    "Life Is one crushing defeat after another,until you just wish Flanders was dead!"
    -Homer J.Simpson
  • Options
    i think the intro 2 given 2 fly is pretty hard ive nearly got it but its fuken hard 2 do it as quick as mike does. thin air is a nice easy stone song 2 play as is nothingman. go would have 2 be my favourite pj song 2 play.
    well i woke up thismornen and i got myself a beer,
    the futures uncertain and the end is always near.
    jim morrison
  • Options
    Originally posted by PJJC6203
    "Go",screw that tuning!

isnt it just drop d?
    this heart's on fire
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hendrix83
    i think the intro 2 given 2 fly is pretty hard ive nearly got it but its fuken hard 2 do it as quick as mike does. thin air is a nice easy stone song 2 play as is nothingman. go would have 2 be my favourite pj song 2 play.

I'm too damn lazy to change the tuning all the time, so I've just become so used to playing it in standard. Now I actually think it's easier to play to intro that way.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Originally posted by HoorayForHumans
    isnt it just drop d?

it's open D