Options

i found a local shop than sells hammond boxes

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
weeee.....

that'll save me some shipping. i'm going to rebox my big muff (that sounds horrible) and build a couple I/O boxes to cut down on my cable snags.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Soon your basement will look like a rehearsal area. I'm excited for you. Good luck.

Originally posted by exhausted
    weeee.....

that'll save me some shipping. i'm going to rebox my big muff (that sounds horrible) and building a couple I/O boxes to cut down on my cable snags.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    make sure you get a carling or fulltone switch when you rebox it for true bypass.

Congrats on the local find you can do so much with a hammond box almost everybody uses them nowadays.

Let us see pic's when you are done.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    the muff needs a new switch and new jacks and everything. i'm going to try to wire it for a plug rather than the damn battery clip. should not be hard. i'll have to pop it open again and see what's attached to the board and what's not.

the I/O boxes are easy. just a patch panel really.

i'll have to fix up my A/B box since the switches and jacks on it are all shot to hell too. oh wait, the jacks are on the board. dammit.

i also have a package to pick up at lunch. i don't know if it's the jazzmaster body or the circuit components though.
  • Options
    Kickass the Jagbastard is here.

You just need to drill the case and install the adapter plug it ain't rocket science.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    judging by the amount i owe for taxes/duties, i'm guessing it's the pots and switches only. it's too low to be the fees on the body and bridge i think. we'll see.
  • Options
    it was the pots and mini switches.

and caps, shielding paint and wires.

so now i can do the shielding and volume bleeds on my strat and tele.

i'm going to try to do a picture detail of the shielding job.
  • Options
    cool, I hope it helps with the noise.
  • Options
    robrob Posts: 142
    congratulations, exhausted and pacomc, You've stumped me,
    I don't know what a hammond box is!
    Now I gotta do some research!
    Good luck with your projects and I hope you got rid of the noise in your basement
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Options
    a lot of the little boxes that effect pedals are housed in are made by hammond manufacturing. thus, hammond boxes.
  • Options
    robrob Posts: 142
    Aaaaaaaha the answer was under my own feet!
    So they're not little tiny b3 organs.
    Thanks exhausted
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Options
    Tiny Hammond B3 Organs! With tiny Lesley speaker cabs......

Don't you tempt me!
  • Options
    so this guy walks into a bar, pulls out a tiny piano and a 12 inch pianist.
  • Options
    good to hear. i'm always ordering them for various homebrew effects pedals. just finished my ts808 clone design. i had a custom circuit board made for it, true bypass, and used all high quality components. it turned out really nice. i'm working on a big muff clone design now and then i'll make some type of compressor clone.
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.