Options

guitar ????

Doug RDoug R Posts: 34
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
I play guitar but don't know much about certain brands...I play a Strat...anyway, At a thrift shop today I saw an electric sitting in the corner for 100$...It was a Stinger made by Martin...Korean made..The hard case alone was worth almost that...anyone know if this is a piece of crap?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    My brother had a Martin electric once, and he couldn't wait to get rid of it. Is it one of the Ibanez-looking Strat copies? That's what he had, and it sucked. Unless you like playing metal, but then you'd be better off with an Ibanez anyways. If the case is worth it to you, and you need a good case, maybe it's not a bad deal. But don't get a cheap guitar just because it's cheap. That's my advice.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Doug RDoug R Posts: 34
    Thanks...I'll stick with the strat...I reallyonly asked because a friend of mine nailed a martin d28 at a garage sale once for $25..It was somewhat like the Ibanez...
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Yeah, Martin acoustics are pretty sweet. That's why Paul Simon, Eric Clapton, and Ed all use Martins. But their electrics just never quite measured up. Cheap pieces of crap.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.