Options

THere are some great people in this world

thelouderthebetterthelouderthebetter Posts: 57
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
I just want to say, that there are some great people in this world!

I got home tonight and there was a guitar and an amp and some other stuff on my porch, with a note to my son that "this is a gift, and that you have a gift" from my neighbor, who helped my son out of a terrible situation, and has done so much for us. He took him into a Pearl Jam concert this summer, and believe me, my son is not easy to deal with, but he adores Youthinkyou'reold.
( that is a weird name, isn't it )

I'm just so excited I had to say something.
Sorry if I'm out of line on a message board.
Smile :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    :)
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
  • Options
    That's so cool when someone just blows you away w/ their kindness for no reason. It's a feeling we unfortunately don't get often enough in my opinion.

Proof there is hope for mankind! :D
    "...to love some silly piece of music... or some band so much that it hurts"
  • Options
    You're right, elusive one. I've found that people are generally good in their hearts, but some stand out.

Youthinkyou'reold is one of those people that seems to bring people together like that. He helped our other neighbor fix her roof ( she's 96 and scrappy and sweet. ) Well, he patched it, then suddenly a couple of weeks later there were more than 50 people, construction people, musicians, artists, all colors at her house with shingles, hammers, chainsaws , pruners. Then a great band. I don't know how he KNOWS all these people. In one day, her house was roofed, yard was beautiful, and everyone felt happy, and thanked him for letting them take part in an event like that.. Then he disappears for weeks or months at a time!
    He's been so good to my son ,who is autistic. Now he is such a Pearl Jam fan after going to the show.

Give him good thoughts, because I know he is going to some very foreign and war torn areas to play with a wonderful African band, who just LOVE him.
  • Options
    Originally posted by thelouderthebetter
    You're right, elusive one. I've found that people are generally good in their hearts, but some stand out.

Youthinkyou'reold is one of those people that seems to bring people together like that. He helped our other neighbor fix her roof ( she's 96 and scrappy and sweet. ) Well, he patched it, then suddenly a couple of weeks later there were more than 50 people, construction people, musicians, artists, all colors at her house with shingles, hammers, chainsaws , pruners. Then a great band. I don't know how he KNOWS all these people. In one day, her house was roofed, yard was beautiful, and everyone felt happy, and thanked him for letting them take part in an event like that.. Then he disappears for weeks or months at a time!
    He's been so good to my son ,who is autistic. Now he is such a Pearl Jam fan after going to the show.

Give him good thoughts, because I know he is going to some very foreign and war torn areas to play with a wonderful African band, who just LOVE him.

Are you sure your neighbor isn't Boom?

Seriously, I am kinda having a shitty day at work, and this put a smile on my face.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    So I had to do research to find out who Boom is. Lol. sorry. I'm not a big message board person, and now I realize I'm on with the Pearl Jam experts. I like'm but I don't know That much about them.
    But now I can tell you that Boom is NOT my neighbor. When he plays keyboards next door, it's just to fill in something, but he definitely is NOT a keyboardist! ( No offense if you read this R.) That's when the windows go down. : )
    When he gets going on the guitar, or if a band is over there, the windows go up and everyone goes outside or to his house , because something awesome always seems to happen.

I think he's feeling old cause he's turning 50 this fall, but he looks 33 and GOOD, and he bounces around and laughs all the time like a kid. I don't know where his energy comes from.
    We'll never let him move from here! Especially because his wireless internet reaches over to my house and I'm on it now! LOL
  • Options
    To Blackredyellow.

I read your post about the Johnny Cash and the paper in the guitar strings.
    It's pretty funny, because I heard "youthinkyou'reold" outside playing acoustic guitar, so we walked over, and he was singing Johnny Cash songs with aluminum foil buzzing. He said that he saw a guy on the internet talk about that.
    And now I found that post.
    This world is way small