Options

exhausted/pacomc79 appreciation

puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Listening to you two, - I have learned more of what to do, what to look for and how to see if its right - when it comes to looking for and comparing gear. Ya'll answer the questions most of us are to embarrassed to ask. Its fun, its a learning experience and a refresher course all roll up into the threads. Listening to you two just makes me appreciate the fact that I am a musician. I just wanted a thread to let you both know that I for one do appreciate what I have gotten out of your conversations. So thanks.
SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    GEEKS!!!!! :D
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    awww. Thanks.

We are definately gear geeks.

I enjoy helping. when I first started I'd always ask questions like what does a chorus do or what is overdrive and no one would answer me. Guitar players are traditionally ego maniacs so its tough to get a strait answer about anything.

No matter what the question I'll always answer it to the best of my ability.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Not geeks, just people who love what they are about. Music.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    I'd agree with that. No idea what the hell you're talking about most of the time, but it sounds cool and keeps me entertained. :)
    scottish by birth, british by law and 'weegie by the grace of god...!!!!! FUCK THE QUEEN!!!
  • Options
    robrob Posts: 142
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    awww. Thanks.

Guitar players are traditionally ego maniacs so its tough to get a strait answer about anything.

Hey!!!

Some guitar players ARE ego maniacs, however the vast majority that I know, and especially the great ones, are more than willing to share their knowledge and are warm people.

It's those BASS players you've got to watch out for! (Just kidding!)

I agree with puremagic, You're not geeks! You're musicians, and you share knowledge freely and willingly. ( I have no idea if that knowledge is right or not! , but what the F*** : ) , at least you share it. That's the point. I know I've learned from you guys.

I think you guys should start a cable channel, or a talk show. "Pedal Talk?" You can take calls and answer questions, and in between , you can trash Rush Limbaugh!

Rob
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Options
    62strat62strat Posts: 638
    ya thanks, even though...in all honesty i dont know a damn word you guys are saying, but...maybe someday i can look up these posts and it will make sense to me....

i just grip it and rip it....

!
  • Options
    dan_alivedan_alive Posts: 123
    I'm glad you posted this puremagic...

yeah it's great having you guys around, we learn heaps... and it's good fun this gear talk.. thanks for answering the many questions you do!

cheers
    dan
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    "It is I, with the empty bladder!"

www.nowalletevolution.com